Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Every one knows that the number 1 priority of an American President is rescuing some dipshit that voluntarily went to NK, something they were explicitly warned not to do and pissed them off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

CharlestheHammer posted:

Like if you wanted to stop immigration cutting the companies off that benefit from it would be 1000% more effective but that isn’t happening outside Florida
In my experience, every person that has strong opinions about migrants entering the US gets real fuckin' quiet and starts giving increasingly defensive explanations when presented with solutions that involve cracking down on exploiting migrant labor.

":black101: BORDER SECURITY IS IMPORTANT! :black101:"

"I agree! Let's punish the people who profit off of laxed border security. Make it a felony to hire an undocumented immigrant to do any kind of job. Removing the economic incentive for the agricultural and hospitality industries to hire undocumented migrants will reduce migration. That's bound to remove the incentive to migrate to the US, right?"

:stare:
"WAIT NO I LIKE RESTAURANTS AND THE PRICE OF BLUEBERRIES, LET'S KEEP THINGS AS THEY ARE"

0xAYN
Nov 22, 2010

idk lol

CharlestheHammer posted:

People think the conservative judges will just rule anything and are surprised when they don’t do that but the border thing is the one I’m most surprised actually went the other way

probably a combination of:
setting the precedent that States can decide how they police the US's external borders ends with the US having no consistent border policy (the evil commie libs can choose open borders instead of installing a machine gun wall)
undermines the authority of CBP
runs contrary to the Supremacy Clause which is pretty clear about federal authority

so i think it's a case of being a weird Originalist nerd is not necessarily the same as being a conservative, despite the overlap

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

ImpAtom posted:

I have to admit I do not see how a marriage can survive a viewpoint of "I am going to support the people who will work to destroy our marriage and if they had their way would make us illegal or execute us". Maybe it's just me but I feel like a partner would find that concept unappealing.

My enlightened centrist former boss is in a same sex marriage with a christian MAGA lesbian woman who holds the opinion that gay marriage should be illegal.

The way my former boss does mental gymnastics to justify staying in her situation is dizzying and something we had to coach new hires not to try and engage with because it's entirely futile to try and reason with.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I like that Trump keeps bringing up his second cognitive test. The more he talks about it, the more the Right Wing machine will have to spin it, and that grows ever more difficult. Might actually break the spell for some people.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

*digs deep in Extremely Presidential Accomplishments bin* Otto Warmbier...? ...!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

redshirt posted:

I like that Trump keeps bringing up his second cognitive test. The more he talks about it, the more the Right Wing machine will have to spin it, and that grows ever more difficult. Might actually break the spell for some people.

It's a tired joke by this point but, "my second cognitive acuity test is raising a lot of questions already answered by my second cognitive acuity test"

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

Libertarian counterspell

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/mar/15/us-senate-candidate-proposes-arming-homeless-people-with-shotguns

*its from 2018

012224_2
Jan 23, 2024
so many bourgie pipedreams about the homeless.......

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1749584237043253436

:lol:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Joe Biden's posting is better than Donald Trump's. lmao

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

012224 posted:

holds a mirror up to somethingawful's chatbots

012224_2 posted:

so many bourgie pipedreams about the homeless.......

Cypher posted:

I don't even see the post, all I see is :10bux: :10bux: :10bux:

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

CharlestheHammer posted:

People think the conservative judges will just rule anything and are surprised when they don’t do that but the border thing is the one I’m most surprised actually went the other way

These people are buffoons. There's literally no way the SCOTUS would overturn settled law as part of the culture war.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

SonOfGhostDad posted:

These people are buffoons. There's literally no way the SCOTUS would overturn settled law as part of the culture war.

They'll never actually touch RvW

gently caress!

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
yeah they overturned Roe v Wade, they'll do whatever the gently caress they want

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
I haven't checked the news in a year. Lemme just put on my monocle and dust off this stack of NYT...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SC has a chance coming up to stop the government from regulating stuff. It ain't in the Constitution, is it?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I feel like Biden’s social media team could save the day this year with some carefully-chosen Trump-aneurism-inducing tweets.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Supreme Court is going to consolidate whatever power they can to themselves. Someone posted a really good article about this but I forget the name of the case that is going before it. I know it was from the nation and it possibly will destroy the EPA and other federal agencies.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Hollismason posted:

Supreme Court is going to consolidate whatever power they can to themselves. Someone posted a really good article about this but I forget the name of the case that is going before it. I know it was from the nation and it possibly will destroy the EPA and other federal agencies.

I mean that case was already a case from the 80s where judges power was restricted because judges tended to lean liberal. So really this is just restoring the old ways now that the pendulum has swung the other way

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Getting rid of Chevron deference is going to gently caress everything up. The Supreme Court already ignores it when they want but they’re going to give lower courts carte blanche to second-guess federal agencies on everything and just say the law is whatever the court thinks it should be. Lochner Era 2.0 baby

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Hollismason posted:

It really feels like a chance to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

"Oh, Congress is so dysfunctional that we can't resolve even these minor disputes about paying fishing inspectors to ride with fishermen? Welp, better remove ALL decision making power from ALL federal agencies and return to the wild west of local judges interpreting poo poo willy nilly."

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

withak posted:

I feel like Biden’s social media team could save the day this year with some carefully-chosen Trump-aneurism-inducing tweets.

that and the adds and god knows what GOP caused horros caused, most likely abortion related.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1749597725669396749

Trump's brain mush might be contagious

also

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

*pointing gun at own dick* THIS'll own those libs!!!!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Hollismason posted:

So I work in an industry that is incredibly regulated by the government, people are extremely underestimating how this is going to gently caress poo poo up. There is literarily billions of dollars in federal dollars allocated to my industry, I have hours long meetings on what exactly the word "should" means.

100% the result of getting rid of it is some rich shithead is going to get a seatbelt ticket and there will be years of litigation on if an imaginary seatbelt technically meets the definition of a seatbelt.

You have no idea how many conversations are basically "Could someone just please email the FDA and ask them if we are technically allowed to put arsenic in our toothpaste because Bob won't shut the gently caress up about using arsenic in the product packaging because it will save us $0.002 a unit even though we told him no." and then the FDA puts out an official guidance document that is like "Just to be perfectly clear, no, you can not put arsenic in toothpaste, don't ask us again."

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jan 23, 2024

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Buce posted:

*pointing gun at own dick* THIS'll own those libs!!!!

Remember that time someone posted the video of a chud shooting his own dick?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
For every video of a chud blowing his dick off to own the libs, there must be a hundred more they didn't have the courage to upload.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

kazil posted:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1749597725669396749

Trump's brain mush might be contagious

also

...is he actually going fiscally conservative on a Trumpa?!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Grey Cat posted:

Remember that time someone posted the video of a chud shooting his own dick?

a whole bunch of them did this (or came close) because they were trying to show how -- no poo poo -- trigger discipline is woke liberal nonsense.

same basic prinipal as refusing to wear a seatbelt or deciding to start smoking out of spite -- literally anything that is, on average, good for human health = woke/pc/liberal propaganda

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Is it because Florida has no money left after DeSantis’ fight against Disney, the NCAA, Wokeism, and whatever else?

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Stoatbringer posted:

I think we can all agree that "Idiot King" should be changed to "Probe Daddy".

Holler

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1749616357417668685

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean that case was already a case from the 80s where judges power was restricted because judges tended to lean liberal. So really this is just restoring the old ways now that the pendulum has swung the other way

It was the opposite. The judges ruled the way they did because Reagan's head of the EPA was against regulation and they wanted to give her (Anne M. Gorsuch, mother of Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch) the ability to do whatever the gently caress she wanted.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Stoatbringer posted:

I think we can all agree that "Idiot King" should be changed to "Probe Daddy".

how republican of you

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

And then the entire store erupted in applause and the African American woman shed a single tear and thanked me.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Joe Biden's DOJ is only prosecuting Donald Trump*, his team*, and all of his supporters**. Why aren't they going after the criminals and the child predators! :cry: :cry: :cry:

*Criminal(s)
**Child predators

Three Olives posted:

And then the entire store erupted in applause and the African American woman shed a single tear and thanked me.

And then a MARINE VETERAN came up and saluted all of them. God bless America!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

That not it at all, it's because regulatory decisions have to be made all the time and when an asbestos magnet donates a bunch of money to the governor of Texas, we want a federal agency to be like "No Texas, you can not pave your highways with asbestos, wtf?" instead of years of lawsuits and legislation on if the highway bill technically allows you to build highways out of asbestos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah the Chevron defense is what I am talking about , thanks. Yeah that article was really loving good and I can totally see the Supreme Court going "Actually , we're the definitive authority on law" or whatever.