Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Hope it comes with his dad and Higgins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Higgins is probably getting tagged but I bet Tyler Boyd will be joining us.

I’m pumped!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I don’t know poo poo about Callahan, other than it seemed like he was their first choice, so that’s nice. Glad it’s not Dan Quinn.

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!
It's not a Mike! New days are here!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

brian is well-liked by nfl players. he gently teaches them how to play offense and fills them with confidence.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

lobster shirt posted:

just glad its not slowik

Dare I ask about the avatar

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Intruder posted:

Dare I ask about the avatar

somebody bought it for me... i hope to have my old one back soon

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I went to the game in Baltimore last weekend and it sucked to lose but the atmosphere at M&T is amazing and the fans are really cool. Also heard some amazing Baltimore accents

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

congratulations to cj bust and bust anderson jr on being named the pfwa offensive and defensive rookies of the year

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Texans fans must be bustin' with joy.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

congratulations to cj bust and bust anderson jr on being named the pfwa offensive and defensive rookies of the year

Between that and the pick they gave up this year being in the 20s I'm feeling pretty great about the Big Will trade

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: whoops, is NFL 101 Awards a different thing? :v:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Titans officially hired Brian Callahan and promoted Ran Carthon to Executive Vice President/GM— he’ll have final say and control over all roster, draft and free agency decisions.

Exciting! Now get me an OL coach, and also an OL.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Glad that stuff is set in stone now although it’s basically what I was expecting after vrabel got tossed.

Can’t wait to see how they move in free agency. Obviously the top draft pick will be dictated by what they do there but stil seems like probably a tackle or wr if no tackle is available? Idk

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Glad that stuff is set in stone now although it’s basically what I was expecting after vrabel got tossed.

Can’t wait to see how they move in free agency. Obviously the top draft pick will be dictated by what they do there but stil seems like probably a tackle or wr if no tackle is available? Idk

Unless some team trades up, every mock I’ve seen has Joe Alt available at 7, and there’s plenty of WR to go there in R2 since they don’t have a R3 pick (as of yet).

However, the Bengals did go with Ja’Marr Chase over OL in that draft when they needed both. So maybe they do swerve into Odunze/Nabers instead.

I still think this team needs too much on the OL to not take Alt if he’s there at 7. Like, even landing a 10 year LT in R1 doesn’t fix the OL. They also need a C and probably a RT this offseason.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I really hope we get joe alt yeah he doesn't fix the whole line but having an entire side be solidified will do wonders for everything

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I definitely hope either alt or fashanu will be there but on the bright side if they aren’t, Nabers would be

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://www.paulkuharsky.com/news/tim-kelly-fired-as-titans-begin-coaching-staff-purge

Tim Kelly, Charles London, and John Streicher are all out. Was hoping London would be back, I was impressed with his work with billiam jeans

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Is it weird that every time I see Tim Kelly's name I think he's Jim Kelly from aliexpress

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
A little. He definitely doesn’t have a football name. More of a middle management name.

I was hoping Charles London would still be here but the rest of the offensive stuff sucks dick so I’m glad to see most of them gone. Would not be upset to see Terrell Williams or Chris Harris stick around as defensive coaches tho

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Bismack Billabongo posted:

https://www.paulkuharsky.com/news/tim-kelly-fired-as-titans-begin-coaching-staff-purge

Tim Kelly, Charles London, and John Streicher are all out. Was hoping London would be back, I was impressed with his work with billiam jeans

I appreciate that the reason Callahan is calling plays as HC is he wants to be the link to Levis. In the interview he did with Mike Keith he says nobody keeps offensive coordinators because every team poaches them for HCs and if he’s calling plays, he’s the anchor for his quarterback’s development.

So I get London not being retained if Callahan is taking on Levis’ development directly.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Looks like Texans will get Slowik for another year.

Hell yeah!

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Kirios posted:

Looks like Texans will get Slowik for another year.

Hell yeah!

Jerrod Johnson as well!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

bobby slowik is officially staying with the texans for another year. god bless.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
add "being excited a coach is staying, instead of wanting to kick him into outer space" to the ever-expanding "feelings I dont usually have about the Texans" list

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://x.com/Schultz_Report/status/1752889967536398390?s=20

I’m excited about this, Kyle Hamilton may have already been really good coming out of school but he was a total stud this year. Very exciting hire

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

i don't know that guy but getting a dedicated dbs coach for a dc for this team seems good on paper :shrug:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Terrell Williams is heading to Detroit after the senior bowl. Sucks, hopes we’d hold onto him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

bobby slowik is officially staying with the texans for another year. god bless.

hurray another year of run run pass!

well, can't argue with the progress the offense has made even if the playcalling sometimes leaves a bit to be desired

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

https://x.com/marykaycabot/status/1753207884832276562?s=46

Browns beat writer

LFG, Titan Up, motherfuckersss

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Fuckin a. I’m pumped the hell up

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I did a stupid YouTuber “let’s goooooo” when I saw that news because I’m a rube

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
THE OLINE WILL BE FIXED WE'RE SO BACK

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Brian Callahan HC/QB coach/main playcaller
Bill Callahan Oline coach

I'd like the OC to be a guy who specifically in wrs

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Honestly, raiding the AFC North for coaching seems like extremely the correct mood. Titans back to being an AFC Central team again.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Metapod posted:

Brian Callahan HC/QB coach/main playcaller
Bill Callahan Oline coach

I'd like the OC to be a guy who specifically in wrs

Theyre interviewing the Jags’ passing game coordinator, former raiders WR coach Nick Holz fwiw

Also Thad Lewis (Bucs WB coach) and Eric Studesville (Miami associate HC/RB coach)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

Theyre interviewing the Jags’ passing game coordinator, former raiders WR coach Nick Holz fwiw

Also Thad Lewis (Bucs WB coach) and Eric Studesville (Miami associate HC/RB coach)

Those are all uninspiring lol

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Metapod posted:

Hey, you wanted a wr coach!!

When the head coach is a former OC and calling the plays, I feel like the OC he does get is gonna be just keeping his scheme moving for him

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Metapod posted:

Good morning, Titan up

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1753393587469881592?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Well here's hoping he's really good with wrs