Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

You have angered Pele.

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Do people really get head-to-toe body casts anymore?

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

and they're blue! good job colorist

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Murdstone posted:

Rene's not even injured. Rex is just loving with him.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"I tried using that vegan bacon the kids go on about."

*Keith's eyes go wide, he sticks a finger down his throat*

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i don't know why he chose to have janis shouting in this one but i find it very funny

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Apologies for the compression artifacts.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

Bardiche Hotel

“Sweet room” is more naturally a pun in Japanese, where it’s called a “suite room” instead of just a “suite”. I probably could have thought of a more elegant way to get the pun across given time.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Giant Ethicist posted:

“Sweet room” is more naturally a pun in Japanese, where it’s called a “suite room” instead of just a “suite”. I probably could have thought of a more elegant way to get the pun across given time.

The best way I can think to do it is to call it a 'sweet new room'.

Honestly, puns that don't translate or just translate awkwardly are still delightful to me, regardless.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
The Dingbat Family/The Family Upstairs(July 25, 1910)

Baron Bean(January 24, 1916)

Enter the butler.

Positive Polly/Polly and Her Pals(December 23, 1912)

Gasoline Alley(September 12, 1919)

Us Boys(November 3, 1911)

The Gumps(February 19, 1917)

Krazy Kat(November 17, 1913)

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

"How do you feel about threesomes?"

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I feel seen, I do the same thing. If my team is down I stop watching because I'm bad luck even though I'm nowhere near the game.

OneMoreTime posted:

I want the witch queen to never be elaborated on, but to just continuously show up everywhere looking smug as hell
Or she gets a Sunday narration and ends with something like "I haven't had this much fun at a wedding in ages"

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Silly Buni, the coldest winter days are the sunny ones.

OneMoreTime posted:

I want the witch queen to never be elaborated on, but to just continuously show up everywhere looking smug as hell
:same:

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The Bluebeard Affair

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Hey here's Mary Worth '99

You can tell it's a bad part of town because there's a lot of loitering and slouching.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Please tell me it's Epic Rap Battles of Local Politics!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Saoshyant posted:

That's pretty forward of Val to say that. Especially for fiction written in the late 50's/early 60's about a medieval prince.

I'm really enjoying Vintage Valiant. I had had no contact whatsoever with this character and Foster's work until I started to pay attention to these threads and I thank you for that.

i think Val has realized by now sometimes you can't overkill on your problems.

I mean, he had four kids to think about now. He needs to learn some patience.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 3/17-19/52

Archie 5/5-7/49

The Virtue of Yera Valiant 12/9-11/76

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Jughead is a smart cookie.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
yessss :unsmigghh:
You have created your own nemesis, Josh.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I have to admit, Martan is not going in the direction I expected at the beginning. This is all kinds of weird.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Another light load today.

Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (January 7, 1936)

Peanuts (January 24, 1977)

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (August 26, 1940)

Mousetrapped

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Drakyn posted:

[...]how often is the Rex Morgan strip just someone attempting to be polite while someone else grumps at them?

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

It's too bad the next couple strips won't be varying members of the cast walking into Rene's room to point and laugh

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

The Villain, She Is Horribly Disassociating In Response To An Ongoing Traumatic Experience

SPEAKING OF WOODS PISSING

Vox Valentine fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jan 23, 2024

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (March 10-11, 2005)

And that's the end of The Child! Next up, things are going to change Amy and Shelley travel to Bulgaria and become nuns!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Powered Descent posted:

I have to admit, Martan is not going in the direction I expected at the beginning. This is all kinds of weird.
I don't know, Americans bombing anywhere in the world anytime they wish to sounds pretty dead on.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Hostile V posted:

The Villain, She Is Horribly Disassociating In Response To An Ongoing Traumatic Experience
I just cannot bring myself to give enough of a gently caress about any of them to care about it. This could be happening to Rudy and I still wouldn't give a poo poo. Hellworld Sucks(tm), why should I care if this person gets killed?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I just cannot bring myself to give enough of a gently caress about any of them to care about it. This could be happening to Rudy and I still wouldn't give a poo poo. Hellworld Sucks(tm), why should I care if this person gets killed?
We, as an audience, would most likely care either in a political sense or in a "billionaire's sub imploded" way.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Big Nate

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Mexikid Stories

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (February 19, 2002)

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Zippy The Pinhead

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Corto Maltese's driver got shot which led his car falling off a cliff, him saving the other passenger of the said car, an octopus attack, getting stuck in a giant clam and a shark attack.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

You're real free with that mermaid DNA, aren't you?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

What is she doing there, headphones on, an hour ahead of time? And doesn't she have a producer? What kind of show does she host anyway? I know people call in but they just seem to talk about whatever they feel like so that doesn't give many hints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Hostile V posted:

An extremely good post.

I've had a similar post about Angelique's identity, but you've said it in a much more coherent way. Yeah, she's evil and it's terrible she's going after rabbits, but the way the protagonist-centric morality makes her an acceptable target so no one respects her identifying as a rat is what makes this part so foul. Just flat-out killing her would be more merciful than stripping her of her identity in order to scare her "straight."

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

If it turns out the daughter gave up being a vegan or made Keith 100% beef burgers, I'm going to scream.