Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
remember when this tweet was sort of hyperbolic

https://twitter.com/Voodoo_Pork/status/1233474492103581697

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jg54mg/republicans-push-to-legalize-property-owners-killing-homeless-people-in-kentucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!
robert smith has always been at war with morrissey

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Buddykins posted:

give me a sixer.

double it actually

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

i am also wet tonight

from walking across a bridge in portland to get to a concert

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

:yooge: You know what? They told me, the lights all go out. You can't keep the lights on. Nobody can keep the lights on. But I had a light, and that light never went out. I told them, there is a light that never goes out. And there it was. *points at window* It's up there.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1749576449571324189?s=20

Vote!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Buddykins posted:

give me a sixer.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

give him another one from me

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

posting how you got yourself owned by domald j trump

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

ahh.. he's too strong

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

a.lo posted:

double it actually

:hellyeah:

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

i was told roe was on the ballot this fall

Apr 7, 2003

Joe Biden is actually directly responsible for ending RvW.

netizen
Jun 25, 2023
Sounds like this Donald Trump guy gets. things. done.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

joe biden was #2 when a supreme court justice seat was stolen

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Buttchocks posted:

Yeah, that photo was desperate for a crop.

there's the species of "street photogs" who are absolutely insufferable about the "no true scottsman" rules of street photography, they really annoy me

I don't really care that much but I think they're stuffed into their own navels

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

RealityWarCriminal posted:

joe biden was #2 when a supreme court justice seat was stolen

he's #2 all right

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

:yooge: You know what? They told me, the lights all go out. You can't keep the lights on. Nobody can keep the lights on. But I had a light, and that light never went out. I told them, there is a light that never goes out. And there it was. *points at window* It's up there.

:yooge: "They say that bigmouth is going to strike again, folks. I hear Jean of Arc was a bigmouth."

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

I hope you're happy, Joementum. You tempted me to read the Kindle sample of the first 6 chapters.

A summary of them:

Prologue: A brief opener where the antagonist, Charles Cullen (a Cambridge-educated philosopher), kills a wealthy Hollywood producer in their vacation home. He then tortures the 9 year-old daughter and makes the wife watch, explaining that he is God.

Chapter 1: Five years later, Cullen has been caught, convicted, and is living at a mental hospital as part of his sentence. Anna, a psychology grad student, and Joseph, her professor and mentor, are introduced. Anna interviews Cullen for her dissertation, learning that he still believes he is, at least, a small-g god (Cullen doesn't believe in the monotheistic God due to the problem of evil; Anna agrees). Cullen ends the interview by suggesting Anna and Joseph are having an affair.

Chapter 2: We meet our young hero, Danny Rains, who is being dropped off for freshman year of college. His father, a megachurch pastor, is nervous about what Danny will be exposed to at a liberal secular university. Danny and his parents are shocked when the first person they meet, Danny's roommate, Jesse, who uses the pronouns they/them. The chapter ends with Danny's parents leaving, worried, and Danny is astonished to see two students having sex in his dorm's bathroom.

Chapter 3: Back to Anna and Joseph, who just had sex. Cullen was right about them! They joke about consent and power differentials. There is a long scene where Joseph lectures at his Western Civilization class, where he says he doesn't believe in God but glorifies Christian (Western) thought and bashes leftist activism.

Chapter 4: Danny goes to a freshman welcome event and sees all the clubs (LGBT, La Raza, Abortion club, etc.) He stops by the DEI table and sees a black girl named Shavonda, who is described explicitly as looking like Rihanna, and who he is immediately attracted to. She speaks in off-and-on African-American vernacular, describes microaggressions, and talks about also being a pastor's kid. She offers him a job with them, and Danny ends the chapter overwhelmed by Shavondra's beauty.

Chapter 5: Danny meets up with Shavondra and the rest of her DEI group. The other members are all white and dressed like Antifa in masks. They hang up a sign saying, "gently caress Western Civilisation!" and wait for an elevator to open (Danny takes out his phone and films the scene for posting to social media). Professor Joseph and Anna walk out. They're protesting his Western Civ class. Joseph snarkily thinks that they're using the British spelling in their sign, and tries to reason with them about the accomplishments of Western culture. The DEI protestors crowd in close, and Shavondra makes a veiled anti-Semitic remark (Joseph is ethnically Jewish). Campus police are present, but don't help. Finally, Anna throws a chair through a window, distracting the mob so they can escape.

Chapter 6: Danny and Shavondra run when the window gets broken and campus cops finally move in. They talk about what they did, God, and American society's racism. Shavondra mentions that she's more oppressed than Danny, because she's black, a woman, and bisexual. Upon learning that she's bisexual, Danny becomes even more attracted to her.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1749621088747659605

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

i know, trump is going crazy with this hot hot goss! he cant help it (that he was born so hosed up!)!

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

William Bear posted:

I hope you're happy, Joementum. You tempted me to read the Kindle sample of the first 6 chapters.

A summary of them:

Prologue: A brief opener where the antagonist, Charles Cullen (a Cambridge-educated philosopher), kills a wealthy Hollywood producer in their vacation home. He then tortures the 9 year-old daughter and makes the wife watch, explaining that he is God.

Chapter 1: Five years later, Cullen has been caught, convicted, and is living at a mental hospital as part of his sentence. Anna, a psychology grad student, and Joseph, her professor and mentor, are introduced. Anna interviews Cullen for her dissertation, learning that he still believes he is, at least, a small-g god (Cullen doesn't believe in the monotheistic God due to the problem of evil; Anna agrees). Cullen ends the interview by suggesting Anna and Joseph are having an affair.

Chapter 2: We meet our young hero, Danny Rains, who is being dropped off for freshman year of college. His father, a megachurch pastor, is nervous about what Danny will be exposed to at a liberal secular university. Danny and his parents are shocked when the first person they meet, Danny's roommate, Jesse, who uses the pronouns they/them. The chapter ends with Danny's parents leaving, worried, and Danny is astonished to see two students having sex in his dorm's bathroom.

Chapter 3: Back to Anna and Joseph, who just had sex. Cullen was right about them! They joke about consent and power differentials. There is a long scene where Joseph lectures at his Western Civilization class, where he says he doesn't believe in God but glorifies Christian (Western) thought and bashes leftist activism.

Chapter 4: Danny goes to a freshman welcome event and sees all the clubs (LGBT, La Raza, Abortion club, etc.) He stops by the DEI table and sees a black girl named Shavonda, who is described explicitly as looking like Rihanna, and who he is immediately attracted to. She speaks in off-and-on African-American vernacular, describes microaggressions, and talks about also being a pastor's kid. She offers him a job with them, and Danny ends the chapter overwhelmed by Shavondra's beauty.

Chapter 5: Danny meets up with Shavondra and the rest of her DEI group. The other members are all white and dressed like Antifa in masks. They hang up a sign saying, "gently caress Western Civilisation!" and wait for an elevator to open (Danny takes out his phone and films the scene for posting to social media). Professor Joseph and Anna walk out. They're protesting his Western Civ class. Joseph snarkily thinks that they're using the British spelling in their sign, and tries to reason with them about the accomplishments of Western culture. The DEI protestors crowd in close, and Shavondra makes a veiled anti-Semitic remark (Joseph is ethnically Jewish). Campus police are present, but don't help. Finally, Anna throws a chair through a window, distracting the mob so they can escape.

Chapter 6: Danny and Shavondra run when the window gets broken and campus cops finally move in. They talk about what they did, God, and American society's racism. Shavondra mentions that she's more oppressed than Danny, because she's black, a woman, and bisexual. Upon learning that she's bisexual, Danny becomes even more attracted to her.

I didn't read all that but the prologue has me intrigued. Sounds good, op.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!
telling trump a secret is probalby like telling michael scott a secret

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

spooky anti-woke short stories set over a century at a downtown hotel university

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
just had the best spicy pork chop ive ever had, now to go watch the dj shadow concert

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
tup

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

heaven knows I'm miserable now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjPhzgxe3L0

that joke isn't funny anymore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igILhbNWvlk

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

last night i dreamt

that somebody trumped me

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
hello treumies

Apr 7, 2003

one of the best songs of the 1980s

netizen
Jun 25, 2023
If you can't get published cashing in on the anti-woke crowd is certainly an option.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

this catholic rapist really wanted to codify legal abortion but he just got dang old confused about ice cream

Apr 7, 2003

So many of Morrissey's songs are about A> lamenting not having gay sex, B> having gay sex, C> lamenting having gay sex that I sincerely hope he becomes a Trump rally mainstay.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

one of the best songs of the 1980s

one of johnny marr's faves

Apr 7, 2003

Hatebag posted:

one of johnny marr's faves

I saw Johnny Marr in 2014 and boy does he hate Morrissey

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

emfive posted:

there's the species of "street photogs" who are absolutely insufferable about the "no true scottsman" rules of street photography, they really annoy me

I don't really care that much but I think they're stuffed into their own navels

The other kind of crop
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dust_Bowl

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hkB019-cJc

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

So many of Morrissey's songs are about A> lamenting not having gay sex, B> having gay sex, C> lamenting having gay sex that I sincerely hope he becomes a Trump rally mainstay.

this probably describes the lifestyle of a lot of maga guys, except the first and last part is just "lamenting gay sex"

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I saw Johnny Marr in 2014 and boy does he hate Morrissey

well that makes sense. the guy who he hitched himself to is swaddling himself in nazi flags and talking about how he hates minorities all the time. a whiny nazi closet case bitch? ya gotta just pick a couple of those imho

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

Why do people think Gortash is attractive?

he's the chosen of Bane dude, that's pure alpha energy right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Hatebag posted:

well that makes sense. the guy who he hitched himself to is swaddling himself in nazi flags and talking about how he hates minorities all the time. a whiny nazi closet case bitch? ya gotta just pick a couple of those imho

Embarassing that the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame hasn't put in The Smiths because Morrissey's an immense piece of poo poo yet Eric Clapton is a three time inductee.