Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Tree Bucket posted:

A swiff a swiffley desert storm in the JUNgles of VIetnam, folks.
e: is it just us online weirdos noticing this? Or is the media (such as it is) in america currently 24/7 "Trump can't speak in actual sentences"

lol what do you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Raged posted:

Are you saying he is increasingly isolated?

I don't think this makes much difference. His speech will have to get way, way worse for his base to break away from him. He's never been able to string together cogent thoughts, even in 2016, and they've stuck with him regardless.

The clips can be fun to chuckle at though. And maybe they're indicating a decline.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
Honestly incredible that the GOP couldn't find a single candidate that could get more than 20% of the vote against this level of mental acuity.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I’m posting itt because trump’s favorite movie is sunset boulevard and that’s a lol

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

especially now, lol

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Trump’s triumphant return involves a total retreat from reality, dead bodies, and a bunch of cops and reporters storming his home

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Docjowles posted:

lol what do you think

i'm genuinely curious what the gently caress is going on with the utter lack of reporting on the topic

i refuse to believe that the TV media's one remaining scruple is to not point out that an old man is losing his marbles. these fucks sold out the country at large for sweet sweet ad dollars. you're going to tell me that 1) dementia don isn't an awesome, click-generating headline event and 2) they're deciding to not go with that because it's too mean or some poo poo?

yeah fine horse race narratives but the only thing better than a horse race is a tire fire. we built an entire genre of tv on tire fires.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Docjowles posted:

lol what do you think

I think the media- aware of the Fourth Estate's role in the health and vigor of democracy- will surely
Uhh

But yeah, swiff a swifty is legit hilarious. Sounds vaguely sexual. Surely the ghouls would be all over this, if only for their beloved clicks?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

desert storm thank you

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Idiots. Trump is just dropping subtle references to the poem Jabberwocky by Lewis Carol. It all adds up if you know what to look for
Trust the plan #Q

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Thesaurus posted:

Idiots. Trump is just dropping subtle references to the poem Jabberwocky by Lewis Carol. It all adds up if you know what to look for
Trust the plan #Q

god don't remind me of the covfefe cope

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

clearly the swifty swift tayor swift boats for truth in the jungles of iraq

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

awwwwwwww yeah, you gotta get schwifty

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Spinz posted:

Trump really does sound worse in those clips

Oh my God
I hope so badly that he continues to decline and has a recorded moment where he's genuinely speaking gibberish; words that don't exist.

I understand his insane base won't leave him however there are people that wouldn't vote for him after that.

In breaking news, footage of Trump speaking in tongues has given him a 5% boost in the polls.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Coolguye posted:

i'm genuinely curious what the gently caress is going on with the utter lack of reporting on the topic

i refuse to believe that the TV media's one remaining scruple is to not point out that an old man is losing his marbles. these fucks sold out the country at large for sweet sweet ad dollars. you're going to tell me that 1) dementia don isn't an awesome, click-generating headline event and 2) they're deciding to not go with that because it's too mean or some poo poo?

yeah fine horse race narratives but the only thing better than a horse race is a tire fire. we built an entire genre of tv on tire fires.

If the election is a one sided zzzzzz there is nothing to talk about so it is going to be covered as if it was neck and neck no matter what. We are decades past having a functioning news media, all that matters is ad views

So yeah this gets shown uncritically on Fox or whatever with the token applause and not at all elsewhere.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

ragnarokette posted:

Honestly incredible that the GOP couldn't find a single candidate that could get more than 20% of the vote against this level of mental acuity.

Nobody has ever tried running a very stupid abrasive loudmouth before.

Now that it's been discovered those are the numbers that drive that kind of support in this country, you're going to see it normalized. It's already happening with failed-up defects like Boebert and Taylor Greene.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Docjowles posted:

If the election is a one sided zzzzzz there is nothing to talk about so it is going to be covered as if it was neck and neck no matter what. We are decades past having a functioning news media, all that matters is ad views

So yeah this gets shown uncritically on Fox or whatever with the token applause and not at all elsewhere.

i just don't buy that explanation at all in a world where reality TV was a trillion-dollar charade for over a decade. are we seriously supposed to think that CNN will sell fewer ads by showing this poo poo, having a massive lol, and then immediately going into all the polls that show it doesn't matter if you have poo poo for brains? versus what they do now, just sort of blandly talk about trump in the most clinical terms possible and carefully tend the traditional horse race narrative?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Accipiter posted:

Nobody has ever tried running a very stupid abrasive loudmouth before.

Now that it's been discovered those are the numbers that drive that kind of support in this country, you're going to see it normalized. It's already happening with failed-up defects like Boebert and Taylor Greene.

Worked in the short term anyway. Boebert seems like she’s toast to the point the Colorado GOP is talking about primarying her lol

We are stuck with Large Marge for the long haul though. Maybe if the Dems get the house again down the road they can give her the Santos treatment for repeatedly hornyposting Hunter’s dong into the congressional record

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

Anyway BREAKING NEWS: Trbmp loses the Dick's Vil Notch primary and its coveted 6 votes from the people who are still alive in that shithole somehow.

I watched the Dixville Notch results come in on a live stream and it was hilarious to see the MAGA reaction when all 6 votes went to Haley

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Infinitum posted:

President Good Brains at it again
https://twitter.com/BigBlueWaveUSA/status/1749519924559798755

Ah yes a war from the 50s-70s and one from the 90s. The same war!

Trump could drop dead tomorrow and he'd still be the Republican nominee

Swift Boat Veterans for Ding ding ding ding boom whoosh boom

Suspekt Device
Jan 9, 2017

Trump must have a massive Adderall tolerance at this point I wonder how many milligrams he's up to a day.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Trump gona die before Biden and it will be deeply funny.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

Jungles of Iraq is a great username.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Coolguye posted:

The media wants 4 more years of Trump creating headlines and getting views, not just 1 during the election cycle. Biden doesn't create headlines that people give a poo poo about.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

What in the gently caress is that smoothbrained chud talking about

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

ragnarokette posted:

Ted Cruz and the other ghouls missing from the race have done the math. Trump gonna be the new Regan, and he wants to be able to say he supported trump when he himself runs in 2028 and has more of a chance against a new democrat.

Trump gona be dead, in jail, or just too loving old to run, and you can take his supporters.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Infinitum posted:

President Good Brains at it again
https://twitter.com/BigBlueWaveUSA/status/1749519924559798755

Ah yes a war from the 50s-70s and one from the 90s. The same war!

Trump could drop dead tomorrow and he'd still be the Republican nominee

Jesus loving Christ

I don’t know if there are a significant number of voters on the fence but I hope Biden’s people are saving these up

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
when does the verdict on the NY fraud trial drop? looking forward to seeing how bad he gets when he's lost his precious trump tower

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗

Philthy posted:

I can't even imagine a presidential debate. He's going to be world salading everything and Biden is just going to call him out on what the gently caress is he talking about.

No, that'll just be more evidence that stupid and senile Joe Biden isn't capable of understanding the genius level of Trump. See, he even admitted it!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

For what it's worth...

The footage of President Dipshit talking about Vietnam and Desert Storm is from 2020, when he was still President.

Imagine just HOW much his brain has deteriorated since then.

If he wins the nomination and then refuses to debate Joe Biden, or debates Biden and then talks like this, he is toast.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

haha right after I posted he was gettin there the swift swifties post dropped, bless you thread that one is the best yet

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗
But really, probably all academic anyway because I think we all know Trump is just going to try to dodge any debates and continue on with the echo chamber circuit.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Trump's gonna debate Biden once, ramble about how extremely cognibule he is, and then there will be no further debats after the press calls it a draw between Biden and the guy who audibly poo poo himself at the 15 minute mark and stood there breathing with his mouth wide open.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm thinking it's time for another caravan incoming with it's imminent danger. That never quite seems to play out....

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

gop.txt

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Funky See Funky Do posted:

A huge part of this years politics will be which decrepit old man sundowns publicly enough first (what enough is, I don't know) that it becomes undeniable even within their own campaign. It could be either of them. It could be both if they're bad enough incidents. Don't be surprised if you're earnestly asked to vote for the lest senile candidate come November.

"When we asked him last week he still knew what year it was. He thinks it's December and he's already won the election but the other guy literally thinks it's 1987."
Biden is multiple levels separated from how brain-perforated ol' Donny Thinksgood is. Like that interview with Conan where Biden went on multiple tangents about how much he loving loves cars, with details? Yeah, he sounds horribly old. Raspy, stuttering(I know he already had a stutter), he doesn't SOUND good. But he's definitely coherent, which I can't say for trump, especially lately.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Thank you for putting it so earnestly. You're right Biden is definitely way less senile.

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?
Donny will get so deranged that instead of cheering for him, they'll feel sorry for him - and that'll hurt ratings.

We're quickly moving from the middle of Network to the end of Network

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
my dad got this flyer in the mail along with apparently dozens of republican flyers according to him, and it's the only one he kept.

dad was a republican in the bush senior era, but bush jr put him off republicans forever, and while he's still a racist old dumbass and nothing I can do will change that, he is militantly opposed to trump

good to see the flyer is literally highlighting abortion rights at the top of the list, at least

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Thank you for putting it so earnestly. You're right Biden is definitely way less senile.
he's definitely seeming like he's on the edge of the downhill slide, and he's definitely not who I'd prefer to have in the office, even if I think he's done way better given the circumstances than anyone expected him to do. I also don't really like the idea of him stepping down and kamala harris taking over at some point during the 4 years if he wins. but I obviously infinitely prefer him over the orange hate golem

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jan 23, 2024