Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

Learning the game as I am it's interesting to note that it seems, for the most part, much better to calmly return fire than bounce around. Who knew?

Depends on how good the other is. Moving at least slowly to help you keep your aim good helps. But yeah, killing manic grasshoppers is generally easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jumping makes it easier for controller players to hit you because it triggers their auto aim

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Jumping makes it easier for controller players to hit you because it triggers their auto aim

It can turn a headshot into a body shot though. But yeah a good m+kb player isn't going to be thrown off by your movement or their own.
I've also seen some folks pull off some Pathfinder like moves with the grappler, but damned if I can get it to do anything but zip me in straight lines where I still get hit.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I don’t know if any of you watch Zemie, but the man is a god with the grappler and I literally don’t know how he does some of the stuff he does.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

RodShaft posted:

FESTIVAL CONTROLLER UPDATE!

I decided to go another direction with mine...

This took way too long(mostly because I wanted the buttons to light when pressed and the USB encoder uses a common +5v instead of a common ground and my brain wasn't working with that).

Welp, I know what I am making next weekend.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Beve Stuscemi posted:

I don’t know if any of you watch Zemie, but the man is a god with the grappler and I literally don’t know how he does some of the stuff he does.

He uses aimbot

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

He is accused of that a fair amount, yeah, but I don’t think an ambit would help with the grappler. His movement in general is crazy

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Lowen SoDium posted:

Welp, I know what I am making next weekend.

I also have a little one,

but I need to stop making novelty ones and make my custom one.

(From the RockBand thread)

Bound to happen eventually. It's because I wasn't tapping it in the center while using it for overdrive.

It's cool. I have a replacement. Thanks, Colecovision module 2.

And here's a video of my baby keyboard in action.
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRc3t5KK/

I'm doing much better with it, but my forearms kill me if I try drums on it.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Dawgstar posted:

Learning the game as I am it's interesting to note that it seems, for the most part, much better to calmly return fire than bounce around. Who knew?
I too, in timely fashion, am just picking up this game. It's kind of a riot. I don't feel quite as outclassed as I do in most FPSes (as an old person).

The battle pass is tempting, but I have a serious aversion to paying money for cosmetics.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

you only ever have to buy one battle pass since it gives more than enough vbucks back to pay for the next one, it's well worth it

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

repiv posted:

you only ever have to buy one battle pass since it gives more than enough vbucks back to pay for the next one, it's well worth it

Yeah, and tbf fornite's season pass soured me on a bunch of other games that don't quite have the season pass pay for itself, or where you basically need to shell out the extra 20 bucks to be likely to finish if you're not sinking 40 hours a week into the game.

E: So I'm not double posting I'll add it here; Are there cheaters in rocket racing or is the netcode and rendering just kind of iffy? I'm noticing more and more in some races I'll just suddenly drop down in placement, sometimes with the car just magically appearing in front of me.
When it first started happening I assumed there were shortcuts or better paths that shaved off half a second, but now that I know the tracks a little better I can tell that isn't what happened, the most annoying ones are when I'll be in say 2nd at the finish line, and cross it to be told I'm actually in 4th or 5th, and the real 2nd place finished a full second ahead of me -despite the fact I saw first on screen and not the person who supposedly passed me in the blink of an eye.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 22, 2024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Coolness Averted posted:

E: So I'm not double posting I'll add it here; Are there cheaters in rocket racing or is the netcode and rendering just kind of iffy? I'm noticing more and more in some races I'll just suddenly drop down in placement, sometimes with the car just magically appearing in front of me.
When it first started happening I assumed there were shortcuts or better paths that shaved off half a second, but now that I know the tracks a little better I can tell that isn't what happened, the most annoying ones are when I'll be in say 2nd at the finish line, and cross it to be told I'm actually in 4th or 5th, and the real 2nd place finished a full second ahead of me -despite the fact I saw first on screen and not the person who supposedly passed me in the blink of an eye.

It sure feels that way sometimes. A couple of times today I was in first place and then poof, I came in fourth and the indicator didn't, well, indicate that anybody was super close behind me and they zoomed by in a way that didn't make me think they were boosting.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Rocket Racing is obviously a work in progress. And what I mean to say is that Rocket Racing is an unfinished mess that was rushed out the door for unknown reasons. (The reason is :capitalism:)

One of my personal favorite things about Rocket Racing is having to exit all the way back out to the main menu in order to see the daily quests between races to see what new quests have been rotated in, because there is no way to view them after/before races even if you track the category. Truly one of the games of 2024.

Also, I sure do hope they fixed the locker UI and presets in the new update. My protest is still ongoing and I have missed out on a lot of frivolous money spending adventures. Also I don't want to miss a month of Crew membership, but I'll do it, Epic Games. I'll do it!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
After 50 days we have a Fortnite update.

Let's dig in.

quote:

Rocket Racing
2 new tracks

New loading screens showcasing tracks

New drift tail cosmetics

QoL and fixes

Cosmetics for shop
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1749740718090846711?t=9foSsrwCYxdcZ7I9XM_o6A&s=19

Lego Fortnite
QoL and bug fixes

Added items

New Lego skins

The Icon series are all legofied now too
New PvP option

Working on and removed files

Fortnite Festival
New Jam pack bundles

New drums
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1749725075022991766?t=bp3pZVsX-DvMYvex8lDw_A&s=19
New free Jam packs and v-bucks for those who bought them

Battle Royale
New Cosmetics

I believe this is the February Crew skin

Raiden for MSG collab

Skin showcase
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm6aU4xr5Z8

There will be more Family Guy skins coming. They are currently encrypted, but a shop tab was added.

New emotes
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1749729884622995513?t=AynfPIwFsPOIBwtu71p9mQ&s=19
Super Styles

TMNT collab event

April will be an NPC on the map.

Augments

Weapons added or changed

New drum gun

Box works like snowman I believe

Kinetic blade is supposedly returning. Could be TMNT or MSG.

New NPCs

Lots of story Quests related to MSG collab, TMNT collab, and Fortnite Storyline

Map changes

Snow should continue to melt with the next 2 updates I believe.

When OG returns it will be a separate mode

Now FoV slider or changes

All encrypted files

I didn't grab the UEFN changes, but content creators will be allowed to flag Jam tracks for use on their maps.

1 of the leakers found that the earthquake mechanics were readded to the files. Could be nothing like the volcano that never happened in Chapter 4.

Lots of fun changed. I'm excited for collabs and more story stuff. I hope the items are great. The enforcer is probably still rear end. I like a lot of the coming Cosmetics. More jams is always great. The map change will be interesting.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Any news on fixes for the locker in the leaks?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

PriorMarcus posted:

Any news on fixes for the locker in the leaks?

Nothing in the patch notes. Doubt the locker will be rolled back. Shuffle shpuld get added back eventually.

Edit: noc dialog for Silas Hiss is interesting for storyline and potential for future map changes or chapters

I also found out the snake isn't a pet, but is controlling the human body.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jan 23, 2024

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

After 50 days we have a Fortnite update.

Let's dig in.

Lots of fun changed. I'm excited for collabs and more story stuff. I hope the items are great. The enforcer is probably still rear end. I like a lot of the coming Cosmetics. More jams is always great. The map change will be interesting.

I'm shocked they're letting us change the FOV, they have never allowed that in the entirety of Fortnites history, as far as I know

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Beve Stuscemi posted:

I'm shocked they're letting us change the FOV, they have never allowed that in the entirety of Fortnites history, as far as I know

If 1st person mode is coming then it makes sense.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

RodShaft posted:

Crossposted in the Rock Band 4 thread(you can see the PCB I used in one of the photos. It's fine for what it is):

Fortnite Festival controller update. I made a second prototype that is pretty close to what I'm going to use.

I cut the corners off because they poked me. And I have a pretty good idea about my final button layout and case shape/size.

I did some experimenting, and the 60 mm buttons fit perfectly flush at one Lego stud depth. So I designed this.

Which even without tightening the bottom nut it's stays perfectly still. There's six points of contact on the top edge and three on the bottom. So I think I might just make mine out of Lego.

My son liked the first prototype a lot, so we made him one with a few minor changes to it, and it's perfect.

We didn't just have that sitting around. We went out specifically looking for something to make his case out of and found that.

RodShaft posted:

FESTIVAL CONTROLLER UPDATE!

I decided to go another direction with mine...

This took way too long(mostly because I wanted the buttons to light when pressed and the USB encoder uses a common +5v instead of a common ground and my brain wasn't working with that).

These are great rod

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

insane that they broke locker shuffle so bad and/or are removing it forever

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

people didn't like augments?

https://twitter.com/FortniteStatus/status/1749802468614291884

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Patch notes finally dropped so here are the weapon changes.

New Jam tracks were revealed.

I'm glad for the Riot shield change. Snipers with a bit of nerf may not change the meta. Smg change could change meta. Enforcer fire rate wasn't change so it is still probably garbage. Sprint changes are game changing

https://twitter.com/FNMuffins/status/1749813007151177825?t=wNfOGtq-dv_dgziQQQIKMw&s=19

I wonder if they couldn't balance them correctly.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Super No Vacancy posted:

insane that they broke locker shuffle so bad and/or are removing it forever

You used to be able to set your saved locker sets on random?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

You used to be able to set your saved locker sets on random?

Yep. It would randomly rotate through the 100 sets.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

the random element isn't ideal in competitive but they could resolve that by offering every player in the match the same set as their first, second, third and fourth selections

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Seems like no matter how much time you spend on the Jam stage you only get credit for the first five minutes.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

They just over complicate the gameplay loop. I feel the same way about weapon attachments. It's just more noise.

Hoping they scrap them next season too, or OG is out and I can stick to playing that.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I think having augments and attachments is a bit much. I don't want to see either system saty gone forever. I think rotating them each chapter would be cool.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rumor is saying 2 full auto shotgun hits staggers Riot shield. I haven't seen confirmation yet.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Dawgstar posted:

Seems like no matter how much time you spend on the Jam stage you only get credit for the first five minutes.

I got idle kicked from Lego Creative after like one XP grant. Should have kept idling when I had the chance.

PriorMarcus posted:

They just over complicate the gameplay loop. I feel the same way about weapon attachments. It's just more noise.

Hoping they scrap them next season too, or OG is out and I can stick to playing that.

If I wanted to dick around with attachments, I would have stuck with PUBG.

GigaPeon fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 23, 2024

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Being the guy who has to test if each combination of augments works together must be really loving difficult

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MGS collab trailer
https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1749824495253168219?t=95hnLZqSKWzxZ3ZNGkklNg&s=19

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I like augments more than weapon attachments. Some of them were fun

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

This MGS banner is insanely low effort. It's not even loving centered.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Overbite posted:

I like augments more than weapon attachments. Some of them were fun

I liked that you didn't have to think much about them but you could get some fun/useful effects. Attachments might as well not even exist because I can't be bothered to seek out weapon benches or think much about comparing drops (other than obvious stuff like not picking up a sniper without a long sight)

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://x.com/L0u13/status/1749864329082753367?s=20

perfect.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Necrothatcher posted:

This MGS banner is insanely low effort. It's not even loving centered.

Wow. That's. Something.

AcidCat posted:

I liked that you didn't have to think much about them but you could get some fun/useful effects. Attachments might as well not even exist because I can't be bothered to seek out weapon benches or think much about comparing drops (other than obvious stuff like not picking up a sniper without a long sight)

I thought the newest meta was to use a sniper without a scope as a shot gun.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

RodShaft posted:

Wow. That's. Something.

I have never had any idea about whatever the latest meta is.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

RodShaft posted:

Sniper as shotgun is more meme/saw it on twitch.

Enforcer AR now has an argument to be used. Striker is still probably better.

Meta load put is sniper/auto/striker/fish or big pots/shockwaves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Sniper as shotgun is more meme/saw it on twitch.

Challenge accepted.

My loadout. 4 snipers, shockwave