Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

a.lo posted:

Does this mean Chucky won’t appear at Raw anymore

Replaced by Chunky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
WWE worked attendance numbers 🤝 Netflix viewership numbers

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol this seems like the stupidest way possible to kill you viewer base

Is it?

“As of September 2018, USA Network was commercially available to about 90.4 million households (98% of households with pay television) in the US. By June 2023, this number has dropped to 72.4 million households.“

I found a 2014 number that Sportsnet in Canada is in 7 million homes.

Netflix is in 77 million households across US and Canada. The number of households is probably about the same. But cable is dropping at a faster rate and Netflix is still growing globally.

I would bet that the Netflix deal puts Raw in more homes Globally based on speculation, making this a great move.

WWE is also going to have the incredibly precise ratings for Raw on a global scale now. Which will likely be one of those things that can get manipulated in their favor. With things like

“125m* people viewed Raw last Monday!”

*each Netflix household equals 4 people, viewership includes people that streamed at least 1 minute of Raw.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Not reading

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Oh also shouts out based Workers Rights Hunter for finally implementing the offseason (getting raw cancelled from Oct to Jan by his blunders)

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Astro7x posted:

Is it?

“As of September 2018, USA Network was commercially available to about 90.4 million households (98% of households with pay television) in the US. By June 2023, this number has dropped to 72.4 million households.“

I found a 2014 number that Sportsnet in Canada is in 7 million homes.

Netflix is in 77 million households across US and Canada. The number of households is probably about the same. But cable is dropping at a faster rate and Netflix is still growing globally.

I would bet that the Netflix deal puts Raw in more homes Globally based on speculation, making this a great move.

WWE is also going to have the incredibly precise ratings for Raw on a global scale now. Which will likely be one of those things that can get manipulated in their favor. With things like

“125m* people viewed Raw last Monday!”

*each Netflix household equals 4 people, viewership includes people that streamed at least 1 minute of Raw.

I’m gonna guess most people who watch wwe already have a Netflix account.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I was briefly excited about this, then realized I still don't have any desire to watch any of their poo poo. I guess if they put up their library somehow then that will be nice, because while reading the Bret book I frequently wanted to go check out some of the matches he mentioned, but not enough to find and download the PPVs or anything.

Oh please put the library in a format that is easy to browse and not like the dumpster fire of Peacock.

Really curious how it will work with streaming and ads. Like if I can just click on an episode of Raw, scrub to the only parts I want to watch, and not have loving ads… I could see myself watching more WWE content. If they inject unstoppable ads where I can’t just fast forward to the poo poo I want to see like I currently can with my DVR, I will just give up watching entirely.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

This is what sinks netflix lmao

i guess RAW was already paced like a streaming show, tho. C*dy's story is very much like Surf Dracula

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Who is going to be the first Netflix champ

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

MorningMoon posted:

i guess RAW was already paced like a streaming show, tho. C*dy's story is very much like Surf Dracula

lmfao

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

trying to finish the story but it got cancelled in the 4th inning

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Maduo posted:

Finally we will be free of ratings chat, our long national nightmare is over.

Fedheads mainlining worked streaming numbers like pure fent. 900 million weekly viewers can’t be wrong.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

lol

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

AsInHowe posted:

Replaced by Chunky

CM Chunk

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MorningMoon posted:

Excuse me, tell me more about Surf Dracula?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Five Bil Phill

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

Excuse me, tell me more about Surf Dracula?

https://twitter.com/topherflorence/status/1446151707029917697?lang=en

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

a.lo posted:

Who is going to be the first Netflix champ

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm guessing the number the NFL playoff game did on Peacock and on Amazon got WWE gutsy enough to completely drop cable for Raw

The interesting part is they are giving up international rights completely for this deal. I though those were a decent amount of money too

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

wwe network like netflix but better

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm guessing the number the NFL playoff game did on Peacock and on Amazon got WWE gutsy enough to completely drop cable for Raw

The interesting part is they are giving up international rights completely for this deal. I though those were a decent amount of money too

I feel like it’s also a way for Netflix to really experiment with putting commercials on one of their shows.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Given all the incredibly violent Korean shows and movies Netflix has, maybe we will see a relaxation on the rules there and more AEW style wrestling

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pillowpants posted:

Given all the incredibly violent Korean shows and movies Netflix has, maybe we will see a relaxation on the rules there and more AEW style wrestling

Doubtful.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i have netflix. now i'll get to watch wwe raw if i want to. but not wwe smackdown. that's not coming to netflix in the united states where i live. i don't want to do anything illegal in case i get caught. but i don't want to watch wwe for now except for the royal rumble. it's too bad the royal rumble isn't on netflix. that's

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1749802803487465553

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

lmao look at hunters face compared to everyone else.

tfw you're happy for your friend

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I don't have Netflix nor will I get it.

Back to :filez: to watch wwe

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

No more Vince McMoustache. He saw the Bucks doing it and immediately shaved it off.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I sold my 40 shares for a nice chunk of change. I don't think I'm buying tko stock again unless it gets dirt cheap. This zombie company always finds a way to rise from the grave.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they should have swapped the two tall men behind triple h with the one shorter man on the other end, having him in front of triple h. but i suppose both he and triple h wanted to be in the "front row." that kind of thinking ruined a nice photograph

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Trying to imagine torrenting WWR and watching it after the fact and LOLing

If i cant make fun of it in a GDT, what are we even doing

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
So when is this Raw on Netflix move effective?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

1/1/25

They lose USA Oct of 2024.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Here's what I think will happen. Netflix sinks away forever in 2026. TKO takes a lesser deal from USA immediately, but it's still like 200 mil, so ultimately they made a pretty sick profit from Netflix killing itself and in the history of the 'fed it's just that one weird year.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So this pretty much guarantees Roman keeps the title right? They have a giant off period that's just free days added to his title run. Can't leave free money on the table

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Jan 1 2025

USA's deal for Raw ends October 1 this year. Nobody knows what's happening/where Raw's airing for the 3 full months between

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shard posted:

So this pretty much guarantees Roman keeps the title right? They have a giant off period that's just free days added to his title run. Can't leave free money on the table

He was never losing it at this coming Mania

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Lexis King has a challenger!

quote:

Although we’re unable to verify with The Rainmaker himself, one source close to NJPW’s top talent has indicated to Monthly Puroresu that it appears Okada is WWE bound, potentially starting in NXT first.

https://monthlypuroresu.com/features/kazuchika-okada-korekuen-hall-love/

(not sure if any credibility)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They’ll bring back your

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

raw dark for 3 months on youtube.com