Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

What kind of headphones u ops usin' lately

I've been pretty partial to my Mass x Sennheiser HD 6XXs lately, I have a pair of HD 280s and a pair of Momentum 3s and the HD 280's definitely sound the best for reference, but everything is flat as hell. The Momentums have a programmable EQ and kill it on the noise cancelling, but those are really work and travel bluetooth cans. The 6XXs are HD 650 drivers and parts in a cheaper plastic shell assembled by massdrop, I won them out of a storage closet and they are the poo poo. Beautiful sound.
Open back, though. Also, can't use the 6XXs without an amp powering the drivers.

Edit: on further reference, a lot of people say 6XXs work without an amp. I wouldn't bother trying to make a cellphone power 300Ω drivers though lol

I had a hyper x cloud whatever and it was great until yesterday when the mic died. It lasted about 7 years

I got an astro a40 but it hasn't arrived yet. I wanted one with cat ears but apparently they aren't that good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

Yeah okay weird creepy dude who is hanging out in our office building. He didn't follow me from the train station but it's weird that he's at my building.

He may have followed me.

please don't talk about Smugs that way, we love him for who he is

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm sorry, I "copped" an astro a40

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
it is kinda icy here, mostly rain and shitloads of melting snow

good luck basements

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Anyway i got the day off to attend a lecture but they ended up cancelling it, so i guess I'll just go home early and play palworld

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

Wtf

Space Kablooey posted:

I'm sorry, I "copped" an astro a40

Thanks 🅱️

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

oh thought you became a mod based on your thread bump

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bagmonkey posted:

Imagine this fellow coming up on your six :shudder:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

bradzilla posted:

meal prepped some potato cakes which took far longer than anticipated, hopefully they're worth the effort

they were not worth the effort

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I've had the same pair of Sennheiser 599s for 10 years and I treat them like poo poo every single day. Hell of a product

I'm scared to have to replace them finally and find out they make the new ones out of tissue paper or something

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I don’t have a good set of cans, just a set of Jabra 75t’s that I use when I fly for work.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Beats Fit Pro because they're one of the few earbuds that stay in my ears thanks to the little wing hooks. They sound decent

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bradzilla posted:

they were not worth the effort

you can't make a cake out of potatoes fool

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Okay so the guy that followed me is a person known to building security and is a harmlesss homeless guy thay doesn't speak.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Hollismason posted:

Okay so the guy that followed me is a person known to building security and is a harmlesss homeless guy thay doesn't speak.

Wtf

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Lol my job when I got hired reimbursed phone and internet. Then COVID hit and they rolled it in to our paychecks automatically

And now that COVID is over and most people are back in the office, we "don't need it". So say goodbye to $150 a month you've had for a decade+. Just a straight up pay reduction for all employees

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Don't you think it's time you pay for your own utilities. Claim it as a business expense if you must

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

fuckin corporate fat cats with their subsidized shitposting

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Bet he sleeps in a Murphy bed

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Lol my job when I got hired reimbursed phone and internet. Then COVID hit and they rolled it in to our paychecks automatically

And now that COVID is over and most people are back in the office, we "don't need it". So say goodbye to $150 a month you've had for a decade+. Just a straight up pay reduction for all employees

sounds like official permission to ignore all emails and calls off hours :cheers:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i have some sony wh-1000xm4 headphones i long-termed borrowed from my girlfriend. much like her, they're too good for me

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I don't wear headphones because I need all of my senses to be alert in case of danger

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK

Hollismason posted:

I don't wear headphones because I need all of my senses to be alert in case of danger

I see a lot of skiers and boarders that ski around with giant expensive headphones and just think wow that is a good way to get blind sided by some jerry of the day, or run someone the gently caress over (has happened to me was not pleasant)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I saw someone wearing headphones walk through a flashing train is coming light. I was like :psyduck: No situational awareness

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

redshirt posted:

You know how to shake a tail?

Chief McHeath posted:

beat him w/shovel?

lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

bradzilla posted:

Beats Fit Pro because they're one of the few earbuds that stay in my ears thanks to the little wing hooks. They sound decent

I have some sennheiser earbuds, can't even remember which ones at this point, but I never use them cuz my ears don't like buds, even the ones that lock. Those Momentum 3s at EPP price were a lifesaver for work. Plus, the Momentum 3s have really good active noise cancellation, which was great for listening to music and sitting next to a wave soldering machine.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

almost refunded my a40 just now because i was putting the heaphone jack cable the wrong way around on the little mixer thing it comes with

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Anyone gonna watch Masters of the Air? Starts on Friday. I'm all in on these spielberg/hanks ww2 series tbh. Band of Brothers and the Pacific were both pretty great.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i thought pacific was kinda meh but band of brothers is an all timer. gently caress it ill porbably watch

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i thought pacific was kinda meh but band of brothers is an all timer. gently caress it ill porbably watch

I had the cursed goon face blindness when I watched the Pacific the first time. All those white dudes in helmets looked the same. Didn't have that problem with BoB though.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
planning to watch it with a friend, we’re both huge BoB fans and slogged through the pacific together so we’ve been eagerly anticipating it, knowing full well itll probably be mediocre but heres hoping

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I had the cursed goon face blindness when I watched the Pacific the first time. All those white dudes in helmets looked the same. Didn't have that problem with BoB though.

You didn't mistake the Egyptian for a white guy did ya??

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

The book its based on is supposed to be pretty good, but of course that doesn't mean much. Memphis Belle was a favorite movie of mine when I was a kid

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

at least little timmy from jurassic park and mr robot stand out but it doesnt help there is very little distinguishing characterization. meanwhile easy company is :swoon:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If you think about it the GBS Chat Thread is kind of like Band of Brothers

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

If you think about it the GBS Chat Thread is kind of like Band of Brothers

Who are ze germans

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Band of Brothers rules and I can't wait for this new one

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

The Pacific has its moments and does the battles well an poo poo but 3 main characters who never interact and stories are scattered between episodes makes it a narrative pile of poo poo.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Who are ze germans

The mods of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Saalkin posted:

The Pacific has its moments and does the battles well an poo poo .

I mean, this is basically the reason why I watch these anyway