Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Midnight Sun's director has been enjoying the newfound praise and sales the game's been having
https://twitter.com/SolomonJake/status/1746919835567612394

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It is a great game and I'm super annoyed we'll never get a sequel.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

It is a great game and I'm super annoyed we'll never get a sequel.

Yeah, it and the Guardians game were too pure for this world.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, it and the Guardians game were too pure for this world.

Well, in truth the latter did have a problem with bullet-spongey enemies near the end.

But it was tres, tres good in so many other ways.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Samovar posted:

Well, in truth the latter did have a problem with bullet-spongey enemies near the end.

But it was tres, tres good in so many other ways.

It's funny how Guardians just subverted my expectations so well. I didn't think it'd be any good because I'd worry they'd ape the movies too much (and Chris Pratt IS there a bit, but it's not a 1:1) or 'you ONLY play as Star-Lord, that sucks' but it's really fun calling in the team. And it made me tear up more than The Last of Us 2 - which admittedly is to say 'at all'- and just on and on.

Also the Huddle Up was great because didn't know what was on the soundtrack so I died laughing when 'Never Gonna Give You Up' came on.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1749498587199762768
get the season pass so you can enjoy the thrill of fighting superman again but this time he's purple

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MorningMoon posted:

get the season pass so you can enjoy the thrill of fighting superman again but this time he's purple

Please let one of the new characters you can play be Katana.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Seasons 2-4? Like this thing isn't going to tank harder than Anthem did.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
This is some bizarre springtime for Hitler scheme isn't it?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I was thinking that, but it did get a 10 month delay like little over 4 weeks from launch last year. I wouldn't be surprised if the bulk of that season pass content is finished since the game doesn't look much different to how it was befor ethe delay.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
That joker is an earth-2 variant that is still alive.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Dawgstar posted:

Please let one of the new characters you can play be Katana.

I suggest not getting team killed by her.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I can’t wait to use Katana’s famous gun

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I can’t wait to use Katana’s famous gun

I don't know why that's so small. It's the punisher firing a gun that shoots swords

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Soonmot posted:

I don't know why that's so small. It's the punisher firing a gun that shoots swords

Is this a screenshot for ants?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

It's funny how Guardians just subverted my expectations so well. I didn't think it'd be any good because I'd worry they'd ape the movies too much (and Chris Pratt IS there a bit, but it's not a 1:1) or 'you ONLY play as Star-Lord, that sucks' but it's really fun calling in the team. And it made me tear up more than The Last of Us 2 - which admittedly is to say 'at all'- and just on and on.

Also the Huddle Up was great because didn't know what was on the soundtrack so I died laughing when 'Never Gonna Give You Up' came on.

And on the flipside sometimes you'd get The Warrior or something and feel 20 feet tall.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Jeez, I can't imagine a less appealing character to play one of these games with than that Joker design. I assume it's not Hamill voicing him but I don't think that'd save it.

As an aside I also very much dislike the Harley voice actor they seem to be using for a lot of these sorts of projects, she makes it a little too much like baby talk imo and it creeps me out. Obviously the TAS actress died and wasn't doing it even when she was alive but they could at least just pay Kaley Cuoco the cash money and get her to do it, her Harley is pretty good and that take is what they seem to be going for with her design, being fully over the Joker and such.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Harley's accent is one of those things like Normal Osborn's hair where it's a copy of a copy of a copy to the point where people don't remember what it was in real life.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

thebardyspoon posted:

Jeez, I can't imagine a less appealing character to play one of these games with than that Joker design. I assume it's not Hamill voicing him but I don't think that'd save it.

As an aside I also very much dislike the Harley voice actor they seem to be using for a lot of these sorts of projects, she makes it a little too much like baby talk imo and it creeps me out. Obviously the TAS actress died and wasn't doing it even when she was alive but they could at least just pay Kaley Cuoco the cash money and get her to do it, her Harley is pretty good and that take is what they seem to be going for with her design, being fully over the Joker and such.

I actually kind of like 50's greaser joker there.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

mycot posted:

Harley's accent is one of those things like Normal Osborn's hair where it's a copy of a copy of a copy to the point where people don't remember what it was in real life.

I don't think it's really about real life. She was a character in a show that existed in a 1940s-esque setting, who was designed like a character from the '60s show, and Sorkin mostly used her real voice but was influenced by the '50s. If they've jettisoned all the mid-century stuff since Margot Robbie then why keep the exact voice.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Well, it's not hijacking the whole plot but Rocksteady just couldn't help themselves and had to shove Joker in one more time.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
How do you manage to gently caress an Arkham game? Even the worst ones in the series were good enough to where I finished them.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I believe the other post launch characters were leaked a few weeks/months ago, if you care to look

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lobok posted:

I don't think it's really about real life. She was a character in a show that existed in a 1940s-esque setting, who was designed like a character from the '60s show, and Sorkin mostly used her real voice but was influenced by the '50s. If they've jettisoned all the mid-century stuff since Margot Robbie then why keep the exact voice.

I mean, Robbie also does the voice. Cuoco also dips her toe in when Harley's pre-Joker past comes up.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

omg chael crash posted:

I believe the other post launch characters were leaked a few weeks/months ago, if you care to look

i do not

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, Robbie also does the voice. Cuoco also dips her toe in when Harley's pre-Joker past comes up.

To mycot's point, it's not exact TAS or what it was. Copy of a copy means she's just squeaky Brooklyn. But to my point, I don't think she needs even that. The character is simply not what was originally created, and for good reason. And she started on a show that itself reinvented / reimagined characters, we should expect it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Nothing about the Suicide Squad game seems like they could afford Katey Cuoco, let alone Margot Robbie for voice acting.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Soonmot posted:

i do not

You'll never believe it, but they all use guns!

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Given how absurd video game budgets are these days, I don’t think it’s a matter of cost

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's just Tara Strong again because remember

this is the same universe as the Arkham games

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I actually hare Tara’s Harley voice since it’s usually just screeching Brooklyn accent. Or a gravely voiced Timmy Turner. Or screechy Bubbles.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No yeah it's really fuckin' bad. She's like trying to be Sorkin but turning it up way too much.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I just remembered King Shark is voiced by of all people, AEW World Heavyweight Champion Samoa Joe.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

And on the flipside sometimes you'd get The Warrior or something and feel 20 feet tall.

I've said it before but Peter getting Gamora to sing along with that is one of my favorite scenes in video games of recent memory.

Waffleman_ posted:

It's just Tara Strong again because remember

this is the same universe as the Arkham games

Also Strong's turning out to be kind of an awful person. She has Views on the current Gaza situation, let's call it, and has always stumped for PETA among other things.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh yeah, she also had a big anti-vax meltdown like a decade ago on Twitter.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Dawgstar posted:

I've said it before but Peter getting Gamora to sing along with that is one of my favorite scenes in video games of recent memory.

Plus that is genuinely one of my favorite songs and I love that Gamora loves it too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47y5bo8wtqM

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lotta story leaks for Suicide Squad and oh my loving God the ending implies that they're expecting THIRTY seasons of content

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Waffleman_ posted:

Lotta story leaks for Suicide Squad and oh my loving God the ending implies that they're expecting THIRTY seasons of content

They post a YouTube video that spoilers a bunch of it lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qyGmNNMnBE

It would appear many leaks were true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
How was approval given on a selling point for the Suicide Squad season pass advertisement include putting on the graphic; "NEW RIDDLER CONTENT"?