Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

FuturePastNow posted:

I don't think Trump is sundowning because he's talked like this for at least the last 20 years. I think his brain just plain doesn't work right

That's less funny though, apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
The end of the Reagan years must've been kinda like this too. I'm not too surprised to see his spiritual successor also doing politics well past his mind crumbling.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Yeah it's definitely gotten a lot worse. The slurring isn't just racist anymore

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
e: oops

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

Serious_Cyclone posted:

The reference to Rwandan genocide is entirely too on-point. The major genocide outbreak was fueled by a ton of radio propaganda of the form "they're coming for you, it's us or them, it's happening, you have to decide if you will save yourself by striking first", etc.

"We have to cut down the tall trees"

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Steadiman posted:

Yeah it's definitely gotten a lot worse. The slurring isn't just racist anymore

I don't see how anyone could deny that it's worse now, it got worse over the course of his term, and has gotten worse since. It's not that he spoke eloquently before, but the ways in which he fucks up and the frequency have definitely increased.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

FuturePastNow posted:

I don't think Trump is sundowning because he's talked like this for at least the last 20 years. I think his brain just plain doesn't work right

He really hasn't, though. Trump has always been a soft-brained moronic bully who refuses to engage with the world beyond how it benefits him directly, but he was coherent in his lovely words. Watch Trump in 2016 with his first round of Nazi rallies and compare that to 2019 and then 2022. There were people talking about early signs of dementia in 2016, then there were obvious signs of it when he had to "ace" his "intelligence" test, and then it was something that couldn't be ignored unless you were a cult member. There has absolutely been a cognitive decline and while Trump's handlers have tried to cover it up (incompetently), they're not able to even do that anymore.

I strongly suspect that Trump genuinely is not mentally competent to stand trial. He'd never go for it as a defense, of course, and it doesn't stop many of his legal problems, but if his lawyers and children pushed for it and had him undergo a proper evaluation, I think he'd fail hard.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ/status/1749813016584142876?s=20

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Lmao I love these guys.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1749849535579369743

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

When Trump refuses to debate him Biden should just send a per-recorded VHS that's just reading Dark Brandon tweets dramatically, extra tracking errors for effect (record the VHS to a 2nd VHS while hitting the first one physically to gently caress it up while it's playing) .

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i wouldnt be shocked if thats a priority for most moderates for general too.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

President totally Good Brains strikes once again.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Toxic Mental posted:

POLE NUMBERS

Lmao

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FuturePastNow posted:

dementia is a loving slow killer, the people in the homes are the late stages of it. Personally i dont think he has it or at least is in the late stages But i think his brain has melted enough that he reacts only on base narrsistic instinct instead of being able to play a slightly longer game.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/lawofruby/status/1749853674900226491

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
post itt every time you lol that we are an institute in a powerful death penalty

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

They're in Cancun doing...uh...reconnaissance.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Trungus is gonna have an enemies list a mile long when he gets back in

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

rotinaj posted:

I can't wait to meet all of you while waiting in line at the detention center

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

It's a gag order about the judge's clerk, why should even the chuddiest judge give a poo poo?

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

So if Trump, out of cowardice, refuses to debate Biden before the general election do major networks (not including Fox News) just give Biden the whole time alone to just dunk on Trump or talk about his plan for a second term? Or do the networks just give up on debates this time around? Just curious what sort of speculation there might be on this when Trump very well might dodge out of them.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Data Graham posted:

That's less funny though, apparently

It is because Trump's speaking ability has clearly deteriorated since 2016. Between COVID, his various addictions, his horrible diet, and his lack of sleep because he stays up all night raging on his chosen social media platform, his mind is clearly gone and he just says whatever. All he knows anymore is whether people boo or cheer for him, and he craves the latter

Saying "it's not dementia" or "he's trying out new material like a standup comic" when he clearly doesn't even know half of what the hell he's saying anymore, is like a low-key version of "he's playing 400th dimensional chess". It's assuming he's capable of rational thought and planning ahead...which is pretty :lol: to say the least

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

RVWinkle posted:

I can't wait to meet all of you while waiting in line at the detention center

Just to be clear, I'll be working as a security guard

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

dementia is a loving slow killer, the people in the homes are the late stages of it. Personally i dont think he has it or at least is in the late stages But i think his brain has melted enough that he reacts only on base narrsistic instinct instead of being able to play a slightly longer game.

Don't think he's had the memory or patience for any game, even in the 80's. Maybe Chutes and Ladders.

:sniff:

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

rotinaj posted:

The only thing Trump is getting in is a loving jail cell

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

tek79 posted:

So if Trump, out of cowardice, refuses to debate Biden before the general election do major networks (not including Fox News) just give Biden the whole time alone to just dunk on Trump or talk about his plan for a second term? Or do the networks just give up on debates this time around? Just curious what sort of speculation there might be on this when Trump very well might dodge out of them.

I don't see the networks doing anything that implies favoritism to it's dumbest viewer, so no they won't award Biden the time for the entire debate

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I think Trumps just old as gently caress and can't speak anymore. Biden has off days as well, but not anything like Trump is currently. We're all going to end up there. I just hope I don't smell like mcdonalds when im in the casket.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

tek79 posted:

The press is going to softball Trump as hard as they can because he was good for ratings imo. But the season finale… well we’ll see

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Random Stranger posted:

He really hasn't, though. Trump has always been a soft-brained moronic bully who refuses to engage with the world beyond how it benefits him directly, but he was coherent in his lovely words. Watch Trump in 2016 with his first round of Nazi rallies and compare that to 2019 and then 2022. There were people talking about early signs of dementia in 2016, then there were obvious signs of it when he had to "ace" his "intelligence" test, and then it was something that couldn't be ignored unless you were a cult member. There has absolutely been a cognitive decline and while Trump's handlers have tried to cover it up (incompetently), they're not able to even do that anymore.

I strongly suspect that Trump genuinely is not mentally competent to stand trial. He'd never go for it as a defense, of course, and it doesn't stop many of his legal problems, but if his lawyers and children pushed for it and had him undergo a proper evaluation, I think he'd fail hard.

It is clear he took another cognitive test very recently since he keeps talking about it and "passing" it. The unanswered question (and the one that the media is refusing to ask) is who the hell encouraged him to take said test? Was it his lawyers? His family? His campaign? Did he have a doctor suggest it privately and he's too stupid to not talk about it?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

pixaal posted:

When Trump refuses to debate him Biden should just send a per-recorded VHS that's just reading Dark Brandon tweets dramatically, extra tracking errors for effect (record the VHS to a 2nd VHS while hitting the first one physically to gently caress it up while it's playing) .

Biden should try to arrange a Max Headroom intrusion into a Trump rally broadcast. He already looks exactly like him

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It is because Trump's speaking ability has clearly deteriorated since 2016. Between COVID, his various addictions, his horrible diet, and his lack of sleep because he stays up all night raging on his chosen social media platform, his mind is clearly gone and he just says whatever. All he knows anymore is whether people boo or cheer for him, and he craves the latter

Saying "it's not dementia" or "he's trying out new material like a standup comic" when he clearly doesn't even know half of what the hell he's saying anymore, is like a low-key version of "he's playing 400th dimensional chess". It's assuming he's capable of rational thought and planning ahead...which is pretty :lol: to say the least

I mean, that's fair. I agree with your first paragraph without reservation

I definitely don't think he's got some long game in mind, that's clearly beyond him and his 5pm awareness horizon. I'm no psychiatrist though, I don't know from dementia. All I bristle at is when we deliberately misinterpret things that have a much better obvious explanation, because it makes us look dumb and credulous, like we accuse the chuds of being

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Pook Good Mook posted:

It is clear he took another cognitive test very recently since he keeps talking about it and "passing" it. The unanswered question (and the one that the media is refusing to ask) is who the hell encouraged him to take said test? Was it his lawyers? His family? His campaign? Did he have a doctor suggest it privately and he's too stupid to not talk about it?

You are working under the assumption that he actually took a test at all.

That's a poor assumption,

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Philthy posted:

I think Trumps just old as gently caress and can't speak anymore. Biden has off days as well, but not anything like Trump is currently. We're all going to end up there. I just hope I don't smell like mcdonalds when im in the casket.

Yeah but no one will be comparing any of us to God or starting any cults for us either as we slide into senility like this loving guy

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

tek79 posted:

Fox News would run a Trump Town Hall, MSNBC would run a Biden Town Hall at the same time, and CNN would air both in splitscreen

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Alright so before even getting into the dementia or not arguments

What in the gently caress was he even attempting to say in terms of “swift & swipp” Vietnam poo poo in the first place?

Because Vietnam was not swift, and the US was kind of the ones who got swept in that war, not the other way around, so it still comes across as complete gibberish

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Data Graham posted:

I mean, that's fair. I agree with your first paragraph without reservation

I definitely don't think he's got some long game in mind, that's clearly beyond him and his 5pm awareness horizon. I'm no psychiatrist though, I don't know from dementia. All I bristle at is when we deliberately misinterpret things that have a much better obvious explanation, because it makes us look dumb and credulous, like we accuse the chuds of being

The difference is that ITT, we do it for laughs, because this is the Trump :lol: thread. While people ITT might first see or discuss the political news of the day here, at the end of the day this isn't USPOL in DnD or a serious news source. It's all about the :lol: here

Chuds are dumb and credulous because they take insanely ridiculous and obviously false stories with the utmost seriousness. Saying "Trump is obviously sundowning" isn't even remotely the same ballpark as Pizzagate or Deep State or RIGGED AND STOLLEN

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

MechaX posted:

Alright so before even getting into the dementia or not arguments

What in the gently caress was he even attempting to say in terms of “swift & swipp” Vietnam poo poo in the first place?

Because Vietnam was not swift, and the US was kind of the ones who got swept in that war, not the other way around, so it still comes across as complete gibberish
Why do people try to assign meaning to Trump? Or Republicans in general? Stop trying to do this. They're imbecilic insane assholes who don't know how to do anything but lie. That's the explanation. This should not surprise anyone at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
It's like you spending three hours staring at the wall that your toddler colored all over in despair, wondering, "Why would they do this??"