Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Cant believe they actually had the line “In English, nerd” when a guy said something sciencey to a cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Cant believe they actually had the line “In English, nerd” when a guy said something sciencey to a cop

Spoiler: she’s grown up penny from TBBT

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

thats her foreplay since shes loving the other half the town i guess

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Chrs posted:

https://www.slashfilm.com/1498876/true-detective-episode-2-ai-generated-concert-poster/

lol here’s the show runner pulling some absolute bullshit out her rear end to explain the AI poster.

While I was reading that site, it forwarded me to a McAfee anti virus site :confused:

Oldstench posted:

lol this season is so awful. This is spoiler poo poo but I'll be hosed to put it in tags.

Even if you don't like it I would prefer you tagged the spoilers :(

credburn fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 23, 2024

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Just watched eppie 2. Probably one of the best eppies in the series. Riveting from start to finish. What do y'all think the spirals mean?

E: Also, DAE catch the nod to season 1 with "Tuttle Industries"

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 23, 2024

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Chrs posted:

https://www.slashfilm.com/1498876/true-detective-episode-2-ai-generated-concert-poster/

lol here’s the show runner pulling some absolute bullshit out her rear end to explain the AI poster.

I hate this woman so much. I really wanted to enjoy this. I love arctic poo poo, jodie foster and true detective. But she loving sucks so bad and won't admit it. Just say you suck and apologize.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Smugworth posted:

Just watched eppie 2. Probably one of the best eppies in the series. Riveting from start to finish. What do y'all think the spirals mean?

E: Also, DAE catch the nod to season 1 with "Tuttle Industries"

OMG I just realized that Rust in season 1 mentions alaska and this season takes place where? IN ALASKA :eek:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

It was barely sciencey too

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

OMG I just realized that Rust in season 1 mentions alaska and this season takes place where? IN ALASKA :eek:

You just reminded me that the hippie lady that sees ghosts was married to Travis Cohle. I always thought it was Cole but the subtitles set me straight hehe :hehe:

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."

kntfkr posted:

It was barely sciencey too

Yeah I'm dumb as a rock and even I understood

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Smugworth posted:

You just reminded me that the hippie lady that sees ghosts was married to Travis Cohle. I always thought it was Cole but the subtitles set me straight hehe :hehe:

It was hard to read ur post so I've taken the liberty of fixing it :)

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

It seemed pretty obvious, there's ancient DNA in ice that will spontaneously generate adrenochrome, which they can harvest and sell for TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS A VIAL.

But they have to melt the permafrost, or not melt it to harvest it, I don't remember.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
uh how bout you say that in english steinberg

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

There's money in this ice, not cash money but old money.

This old money flesh harvester is paying these nerds to get the old money out of the ice and they watch a Fenris Buehler a lot.

Then they died, I think this bad cop junky biker from Loosiana way might be involved.

He likes meth, making wooden pyramid out of sticks and twine and spirals.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Ok I kind of lost the thread. The guy who is missing from the ice sculpture is the guy who owned the creepy trailer, was dating Annie K, and had the freak out at the very beginning of the show? It’s all the same guy?

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I think the guy who woke up in the sculpture is someone different?

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

guys I work for HBO. The reason s4 is so lovely and weird is that they blew the budget on a big cameo, I won't spoil it but I'll just say alright alright alright as a hint

Suspekt Device
Jan 9, 2017

There's already way too many characters. The only ones whose names I remember are "Navarro" and "Jodie Foster". This year we get the worst season of Fargo and now the worst season of True Detective. I'm still going to watch it though because I suck.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Why does Season 4 of Fargo have so much flatulence in it? Jesus Christ, it's weird for it to be in one episode, let alone many. And making GBS threads and vomiting, for laughs. Is this written by goons?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

credburn posted:

Why does Season 4 of Fargo have so much flatulence in it? Jesus Christ, it's weird for it to be in one episode, let alone many. And making GBS threads and vomiting, for laughs. Is this written by goons?

Turn on your monitor

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I have enjoyed both episodes. You haters can jump in a lake.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

credburn posted:

While I was reading that site, it forwarded me to a McAfee anti virus site :confused:

Hmm I’ll delete the link to be safe.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006
I like this show and i enjoyed this ep more than the last one.
Its like a funnier and less depressing Trapped show, which is from iceland.

Anyway im dumb as poo poo, can any of you super critics recomend a good show?
You guys obviusly know about good shows.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

huh posted:

I have enjoyed both episodes. You haters can jump in a lake.

:c00lbutt::respek::c00lbutt:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

The Bramble posted:

Ok I kind of lost the thread. The guy who is missing from the ice sculpture is the guy who owned the creepy trailer, was dating Annie K, and had the freak out at the very beginning of the show? It’s all the same guy?

Yeah, and the crazy thing? That's Reggie Ladoux!!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Suspekt Device posted:

There's already way too many characters. The only ones whose names I remember are "Navarro" and "Jodie Foster". This year we get the worst season of Fargo and now the worst season of True Detective. I'm still going to watch it though because I suck.

You don't remember Kenny Power's brother Saul Star or The Preacher from HBO's the Leftovers?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

Yeah, and the crazy thing? That's Reggie Ladoux!!

No spoilers please

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Suspekt Device posted:

This season of Fargo was great. What the hell is wrong with you?

A man on internet has stupid opinions, he must be shamed.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Suspekt Device posted:

Lol Fargo season 5 was one of the better ones. It was definitely better than that dog poo poo 4th season with Chris Rock

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Suspekt Device posted:

shut up dad

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Jimlit posted:

shut up dad

Get his rear end

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I like the show but I also like laughing at the dumb bits.

I think it can be both good and a little stupid at the same time

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
A 17-year-old coming by to sit next to the most horrific thing in the world to chat idly with her old babysitter

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Why did the ice man scream but nobody ever acknowledged it. Is it like Rust Cohles season 1 visions?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Smugworth posted:

Why did the ice man scream but nobody ever acknowledged it. Is it like Rust Cohles season 1 visions?

I think they said he had to get his leg amputated

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I heard that Alexandria D’Addario’s tiddies make a ghostly return in the final episode.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I heard that Alexandria D’Addario’s tiddies make a ghostly return in the final episode.

No need, by the looks of last eppie Jodie's still got it :grin:

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Smugworth posted:

See, it's obvious now why people like you seem to like this crappy season; you're not paying attention at all. They specifically mention that dude is in the hospital in an induced coma and can't be interviewed until later.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Oldstench posted:

See, it's obvious now why people like you seem to like this crappy season; you're not paying attention at all. They specifically mention that dude is in the hospital in an induced coma and can't be interviewed until later.

Sorry I don't have the ability to replay the eppie, I watch on live cable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Smugworth posted:

Sorry I don't have the ability to replay the eppie, I watch on live cable

Yeah, I watched it once too. I just paid attention.