Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I feel the common person will feel godzilla was robbed, and they'll be right. This town will regret this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByAn8DF8Ykk

I see that YA trailers haven't changed in 20+ years. Looks alright though.

is this supposed to be a series or a movie? it has all the greatest hits from S1 of the cartoon so it will be so crammed if it's a movie.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Stink Billyums posted:

Oscar Nominations 2024
Best Picture
American Fiction
Anatomy of a Fall
Barbie
The Holdovers
Killers of the Flower Moon
Maestro
Oppenheimer
Past Lives
Poor Things
The Zone of Interest
I want to see The Zone of Interest so badly but it never played in theaters here and I haven't even been able to find it on the internet yet :negative:

Hopefully one of the local AMCs will play it closer to the Oscars. That's what they usually do with all the Best Picture noms.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Space Kablooey posted:

is this supposed to be a series or a movie? it has all the greatest hits from S1 of the cartoon so it will be so crammed if it's a movie.

supposed to be 8 hour long episodes

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That's a very long episode.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByAn8DF8Ykk

I see that YA trailers haven't changed in 20+ years. Looks alright though.

Lindsay Ellis about to get cancelled so much harder this time.

Milo and POTUS posted:

its a loving masterpiece and youre dumb

OK

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sir Lemming posted:

Apparently Ant-Man 3 is the first MCU movie to be nominated for Razzies, and while I do kinda hate the Razzies I have to say it totally deserves it. Just a blatantly garbage movie that offered basically nothing to the audience but expected success regardless.

imagine making a movie so bad even paul rudd couldnt save it

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

imagine making a movie so bad even paul rudd couldnt save it

I imagined being Jason Reitman for 10 seconds and came to with my head in the oven

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
That live action avatar surely will be a lot better than the movie but I just hate that they wanna copy the existing show into live action instead of just making a whole new show with the same characters and overall premise.

It’s most likely just gonna be “same thing but worse” instead of “even if it’s not as good at least it’s its own thing and worth seeing in addition to the original”

We need more Robocop remakes and less Total Recall remakes.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Stink Billyums posted:

supposed to be 8 hour long episodes

loving hell

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Rageaholic posted:

I want to see The Zone of Interest so badly but it never played in theaters here and I haven't even been able to find it on the internet yet :negative:

Hopefully one of the local AMCs will play it closer to the Oscars. That's what they usually do with all the Best Picture noms.

The big AMC near me is screening all the Best Picture nominations this weekend.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Robocop remake was also poo poo.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

Let's make a movie that's 95% about automated soldiers in warfare then throw in a single 5-minute scene about street crime so we can call it RoboCop.

I'm sure no one will notice.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Gutcruncher posted:

That live action avatar surely will be a lot better than the movie but I just hate that they wanna copy the existing show into live action instead of just making a whole new show with the same characters and overall premise.

It’s most likely just gonna be “same thing but worse” instead of “even if it’s not as good at least it’s its own thing and worth seeing in addition to the original”

the "adding water to the shampoo bottle" of media creation

Gutcruncher posted:

We need more Robocop remakes

Booooooo

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
we need mike and rich to say gently caress it and start recording commentary tracks for all their favorite tng eps

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

dreezy posted:

we need mike and rich to say gently caress it and start recording commentary tracks for all their favorite tng eps

I wish they would take about DS9!!!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

It was an okay movie that, most importantly, did something very different than the source material so it justifies its own existence. Unlike Total Recall which was just “the same movie again but lame”

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i like the newer total recall. not perfect but fun. old one is good too. it's all good

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
its about time for a showgirls remake. so much fresh new vapid american depravity and cultural bankruptcy to satirize!

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

dreezy posted:

I wish there would just be more commentary tracks in general. They are some of my favorite content of theirs.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Could definitely see them crudely stapling the Robertcop branding onto an existing script for the RoboReboot/Make like they did with Exorcist 3

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I have a firmly held belief that It’s A Mad Mad Mad Mad World should get a remake or a ripoff every 20 years or so. Just a perfect premise of “this generations’s comedians getting into situations” that would be a whole new experience each time. Rat Race proved that this formula is perfect and should keep happening.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

https://twitter.com/dancow/status/1749491400402432070?t=YzY0_w9oiMC9y42mT2QMfw&s=19

it turns out that the ai posters in true detective were deliberate and there's no way they got caught red handed, no sir.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

they LIE now???

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Gutcruncher posted:

I have a firmly held belief that It’s A Mad Mad Mad Mad World should get a remake or a ripoff every 20 years or so. Just a perfect premise of “this generations’s comedians getting into situations” that would be a whole new experience each time. Rat Race proved that this formula is perfect and should keep happening.

Rat Race is loving hilarious and if it weren't for the Smashmouth ending, it would be an all-timer.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

https://twitter.com/dancow/status/1749491400402432070?t=YzY0_w9oiMC9y42mT2QMfw&s=19

it turns out that the ai posters in true detective were deliberate and there's no way they got caught red handed, no sir.

so glad i am not bothering with that trash

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

The set design, with the exception of those posters, has been so good as to actually stand out, its not the kind of thing I usually notice. Everyone's home feels so cramped and claustrophobic and lived in. Whatever excuse they're going to go with for those stupid posters is going to be bad, but everything else has been good enough that they deserve a pass.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

dreezy posted:

its about time for a showgirls remake. so much fresh new vapid american depravity and cultural bankruptcy to satirize!

Showgirls only works as a satire because it wasn't trying to be a satire. It was trying to be an earnest psychodrama and just completely failed because Paul Verhoeven was loving Elizabeth Berkley and that blinded him to the fact that she just couldn't actually act (and that Joe Eszterhas's script was terrible).

Trying to remake Showgirls would be like trying to remake Troll 2. There's no way to re-create what made it special.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

PostNouveau posted:

I imagined being Jason Reitman for 10 seconds and came to with my head in the oven

well that we can definitely agree on

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I saw a talk between Jason and Ivan Reitman when he was filming the Ghostbusters reboot while I tripping on LSD and I felt myself merging with the auditorium. Thanks for listening to my story!

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
I remember when I was 12 and my older sister found out me and my brothers watched Showgirls on the motel HBO while on family vacation. She seemed so disappointed in us. :smith:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Relieved to see that Jodie Foster's daughter isn't a chomo, she's supposed to be 17 even though the actor isn't. She looks the same age as her

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Outpost22 posted:

I remember when I was 12 and my older sister found out me and my brothers watched Showgirls on the motel HBO while on family vacation. She seemed so disappointed in us. :smith:

She was disappointed in you because they were having an Emmanuelle marathon on Cinemax.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
No Greta and no Margot, looking forward to a whole bunch of 20 year old influencers thinking they're the first people alive to discover the Oscars are bigoted and a bunch of special needs right wing grifters claiming an extraordinarily successful movie was actually a failure because a toy commercial will never get best picture lol

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Still reeling from the insane Oscars decision to pick Parasite over The Joker when Joker has such an important message about things like the class divide. I’m still shaking over that blunder.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

lol

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Kingo Ligma posted:

No Greta and no Margot, looking forward to a whole bunch of 20 year old influencers thinking they're the first people alive to discover the Oscars are bigoted and a bunch of special needs right wing grifters claiming an extraordinarily successful movie was actually a failure because a toy commercial will never get best picture lol

No Greta, except for her nomination for Best Adapted Screenplay.

No Margot, except she's an executive producer and thus that Best Picture nomination is hers.

That loving meme that's been going around about the whole thing is so intensely idiotic. Apparently only the white anglo people matter because they're just quietly ignoring that America Ferrera got a Best Supporting Actress nomination.

But seriously, not getting nominated for Best Actress is probably a secret blessing for Margot Robbie. Lily Gladstone is the clear frontrunner and it would be an extremely bad look for a bunch of psycho Barbie fans to start trying to poo poo on her/her performance in hopes of getting their blonde pink queen a little gold man.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Godzilla Minus One should win every award more than once nothing else comes fuckin close

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

nefarious's red-hot iron-clad oscar picks:

mostly dumb poo poo will win. some good poo poo might win a little. who care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ep 2 of trudy tektiv night city much better!!