Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

oldpainless posted:

Evil Within 2 is better than Evil Within 1 in pretty much every way yet is somehow still a worse game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost
Removing all the rough parts doesn't automatically make a thing better.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Those Who Remain starts with a mental health awareness screen and an Orson Scott Card quote. ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

idontpost69 posted:

I cannot play open worlds with transparent icon marked engagement activities, can't do it anymore.

Big same. Witcher 3, specifically diving around Skellige, broke me

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Is there any way to fix the cut off UI/notes in lost in vivo when you're using an ultrawide monitor? I set my resolution lower in the launcher but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

woodenchicken posted:

Removing all the rough parts doesn't automatically make a thing better.

If you remove the rough parts of a shark, it's just a hungry fish.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Apparently Sony Pictures is making an Until Dawn movie which raises the question of...why?

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Are they actually making one or is it just n announcement that will peter out onto nothing like most video game movies?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Hel posted:

Are they actually making one or is it just n announcement that will peter out onto nothing like most video game movies?

"In the works", so chances are it's what you said. But we'll see. I just see it being a pretty standard monster flick, when all the interactivity in the plot is stripped out.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

hostess with the Moltres posted:

Is there any way to fix the cut off UI/notes in lost in vivo when you're using an ultrawide monitor? I set my resolution lower in the launcher but that doesn't seem to do anything.

I've found a ton of games just don't work in ultrawide. I generally just switch to a normal monitor instead of tweaking

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
The Chant (Steam) is only $5 on Humble Store right now. Is it worth it?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Barry Convex posted:

The Chant (Steam) is only $5 on Humble Store right now. Is it worth it?

I picked it up at Christmas and I'd say so. There's some slight iffiness re: supply of craftables for weapons, but overall it's a fun experience and the setting/characters are good in my estimation.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
For $5 I guess I should finally give it a chants

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDz304rIjZM

this came out yesterday, seems cool

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Do you want to play a game

https://twitter.com/iloveklim/status/1748543937772491062?t=us_v0_8iEEtg-xgr-t2vJg&s=19

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

jigsaw puzzles are fun

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I've completed infinity% more jigsaw puzzles than Silent Hill games, I guess I'm the target market

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 15 days!)

the chant is a really good name that should've been saved for a better game one day

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Got through Fatal Frame 2, honestly, one of the best survival horrors i played, what an incredible step up from the original. I started 3 and I don't get why this series keeps changing controls with every entry, at least you can switch films during aiming ig.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

playing through the Res Evil 2 remake now that it's popped up on gamepass and hot drat what a fun action treat.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Honest Thief posted:

Got through Fatal Frame 2, honestly, one of the best survival horrors i played, what an incredible step up from the original. I started 3 and I don't get why this series keeps changing controls with every entry, at least you can switch films during aiming ig.

Fatal Frame was the most under appreciated horror series of its day and 2 scared me as a young’n to the point where I could barely play it alone.

3 is prettt cool, it’s got that Silent Hill 4 thing going on with a safe space that gradually becomes encroached on and eventually hostile.

I think the series has kinda dipped in quality with 5 in particular, but I appreciate that they’re being represented at all in the modern era.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I watched the Nitro Rad retrospective on them recently. I didn't realize there was a 3DS spinoff with an AR gimmick. Looks pretty bad!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Completely forgot we finally got an official release of the 4th Fatal Frame game like, just last year

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

man nurse posted:

Fatal Frame was the most under appreciated horror series of its day and 2 scared me as a young’n to the point where I could barely play it alone.

3 is prettt cool, it’s got that Silent Hill 4 thing going on with a safe space that gradually becomes encroached on and eventually hostile.

I think the series has kinda dipped in quality with 5 in particular, but I appreciate that they’re being represented at all in the modern era.

Is the Wii version a good way to experience Fatal Frame 2?

I quite enjoyed Maiden of Black Water on the WiiU myself, though admittedly it's the only one I've played so I can't compare to the rest of the series. I'm glad someone cared enough to "rescue" it onto the Switch though :unsmith:.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Wii version of FF2 makes a bunch of changes for the worse but it's not actively bad.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

man nurse posted:

Fatal Frame was so spooky to my friends and I that we organized a weekly get-together to play through it in a lit room. Then we played the second. Then the third. Then we started other games. And now, something like 14 years later, we still get together every week to play games.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I never finished the first one until like late last year because that first reoccurring ghost you find, the dragger, scared me shitless back in the 00s.

My first hour with FF3 has been interesting, I can see the new framework they were going for but I better get more stuff to do between waking up and sleeping, and the house isnt as cozy as SH4s

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
I forget which game specifically had this, but I will always remember leaving one of the Fatal Frame games running while I quickly went to use the bathroom and then being thrown off when I came back to see my screen covered in bloody hand prints.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So for those who played the full series, which FF are worth going through? I started with 2 and thought it was fantastic. After that I tried 1 but it feels like 2 with less time in the oven. 3 looked interesting but it couldn't hold my attention after a while. I guess I wanted more of 2 or something and 3 wasn't it for some reason.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All of them are worth playing other than the weird DS spin off. 5 is probably the worst but it's mainly the mission structure that drags it down, otherwise it's still pretty fun.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

man nurse posted:

I will forever stand on the hill that Fatal Frame 2's opening, before you actually fight any ghosts, is some of the best spooky atmosphere in any game. It's real well done creep abandoned place poo poo that's obviously haunted without going absolutely over the top.

Sakurazuka posted:

All of them are worth playing other than the weird DS spin off. 5 is probably the worst but it's mainly the mission structure that drags it down, otherwise it's still pretty fun.

I'd agree with this, I wouldn't really say any of them are bad, but one and two are just kind of the peak of the series which is really weird. I'm of the opinion that four is better than three, but that's because I really don't like what three does to the stories of one and two retroactively. Also I'm just not a big fan of the whole dreamscape sort of setting in three.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Miiight've splurged on a copy of Fatal Frame 3, as there was a $100AUD listing vs all the other $150AUD listings. :shepspends:

Gonna get 1 and 2 eventually as well, as Fatal Frame's a series I've wanted to explore more, but 2 is gonna be a bit of a splurge at an average list price of $200AUD. :retrogames:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Fatal Frame 5 is the last game i wanted saved off of the Wii-U and one of the ones i honestly thought they would never bring over. But here we are

I remember the broken neck lady ghost from 2 was the big reason i stopped playing she just creeped me out so much! Although the big tall lady in the hat in 5 is pretty freaky too! She's the one that's based off an actual japanese ghost story thing as well i think?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

The Shame Boy posted:

Fatal Frame 5 is the last game i wanted saved off of the Wii-U and one of the ones i honestly thought they would never bring over. But here we are

I remember the broken neck lady ghost from 2 was the big reason i stopped playing she just creeped me out so much! Although the big tall lady in the hat in 5 is pretty freaky too! She's the one that's based off an actual japanese ghost story thing as well i think?

Hachishakusama, or Eight Feet Tall. Apparently a recent urban legend, this is supposedly from a 2chan board in 2008.

Yeah the ghost design in FF2 was excellent.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1749837508995895530

It probably isn't, but a Sam Barlow-led remake/re-imagining of D would be wild

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Horror Games Megathread: Project DICKS

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Yeah I got a project. Project D████ Nutz

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I can’t wait to find out how this fmv woman is untrustworthy.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

i can't wait to see how untrustworthy she is but also get to see her in her underwear inexplicably!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
did D stand for anything in any of the D games? i oughta try those things finally