Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

C'mon SCOTUS, do something re: immunity argument for CO ballot

I yearn for lols during the weekdays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Nessus posted:

I believe he killed himself soon after.

Are you sure you're not thinking about the guy in Florida?

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2022/12/09/kent-stermon-death-investigation-desantis-board-governors/

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Serious_Cyclone posted:

OK is a hub for my field of academia and it is positively crushing to see it speedrun any% its way into total intellectual irrelevance. I can't imagine anyone in OU wanting to continue to be there already.

my last SO got her environmental science ph.d. from OU and then she immediately moved to colorado lol

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

lol randy mcnally

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
:lol:

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Coolguye posted:

my last SO got her environmental science ph.d. from OU and then she immediately moved to colorado lol

Certainly one of the nearest safe-havens. I feel like every chud state is perpetually six months from a seismic brain-drain, but in reality (like in my own) it's death by a thousand cuts

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest

bobjr posted:

There was that Tennessee politician who couldn’t stop liking and commenting on hot twinks on Instagram and had to give a tearful apology about it

Don't know if that one, but....
I do know of Jimmy Quillen, horrible TN House member, who would often rent out a Chinese slaver restaurant in Kingsport for the evening where they would cover a room in napkins so his horribly alcoholism-induced brain damaged wife would pingpong around the room like a Roomba shouting "JIMMY WHERE'S MY CHICKEN." Meanwhile he would rawdog her fat nurse against the wall in open sight. The poor immigrants would eat in another room while all this would happen, the payphone receiver ringing from his labored, greasy thrusts. All of this is 100% true and probably not even top three of crazy poo poo that went down in that place.

Bixington fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 23, 2024

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
What will happen to Trump if Haley wins NH:

https://i.imgur.com/0c9xwWX.mp4

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

beef sweat posted:

The emperors new accordion

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Stink Billyums posted:

lol randy mcnally

Randy McAnally's Road Map of the United States

Ultramega OK
May 14, 2003

I'm a Catholic, I can feel guilty about anything.

TulliusCicero posted:

Oh good, he's just saying Texas is in complete Defiance of federal law now

Good, arrest the dumb motherfucker

This sounds like a good opportunity for President Biden to federalize the Texas National Guard and circumvent Abbott altogether. JFK did the same thing in Alabama to get around George Wallace during the Stand in the Schoolhouse Door.

Padical
Nov 29, 2004

Swift, swipt, and swept like nobody has ever seen anything happen.

RandExt
Jun 1, 2023

Murdstone posted:

Swipp for my family

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Bixington posted:

I do know of Jimmy Quillen, horrible bastard, who would often rent out a Chinese slaver restaurant in Kingsport for the evening where they would cover a room in napkins so his horribly alcoholism-induced brain damaged wife would pingpong around the room like a Roomba shouting "JIMMY WHERE'S MY CHICKEN." Meanwhile he would rawdog her fat nurse against the wall in open sight. The poor immigrants would eat in another room while all this would happen, the payphone receiver ringing from his labored, greasy thrusts. All of this is 100% true and probably not even top three of crazy poo poo that went down in that place.

Uh what

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Bixington posted:

I do know of Jimmy Quillen, horrible bastard, who would often rent out a Chinese slaver restaurant in Kingsport for the evening where they would cover a room in napkins so his horribly alcoholism-induced brain damaged wife would pingpong around the room like a Roomba shouting "JIMMY WHERE'S MY CHICKEN." Meanwhile he would rawdog her fat nurse against the wall in open sight. The poor immigrants would eat in another room while all this would happen, the payphone receiver ringing from his labored, greasy thrusts. All of this is 100% true and probably not even top three of crazy poo poo that went down in that place.

:chloe:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Bixington posted:

if you're going to come for 3O's crown you best not miss

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

Just knew a crazy story about a Tennessee Republican house guy from an area I lived. Nobody really talks about the dirty secrets of that fucker so I wanted to put that one out there. Mind, this was a monthly spectacle. Dude was brazen.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

Corn Glizzy posted:

Randy McAnally's Road Map of the United States

Is that like a green book thing, except not for African Americans?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Randall Mcflaggy

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1749892423382098025

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Bixington posted:

Just knew a crazy story about a Tennessee Republican house guy from an area I lived. Nobody really talks about the dirty secrets of that fucker so I wanted to put that one out there. Mind, this was a monthly spectacle. Dude was brazen.

Unless you've witnessed this spectacle for yourself, how is this any different than a million other urban myths about politicians? Like, you DO realize this is pizzagate-levels of unhinged, right?

You can't just drive-by and drop something like this without some link, anything really, supporting it.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 23, 2024

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I want Haley to win NH so very, very badly. I'm high on hopium and refuse to come back down.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Kari lake looks like the avatar for a fascist computer AI

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
How does covering the room in napkins enable the wife to ask where her chicken is?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Oh god please do it

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

MechaX posted:

Alright so before even getting into the dementia or not arguments

What in the gently caress was he even attempting to say in terms of “swift & swipp” Vietnam poo poo in the first place?

Because Vietnam was not swift, and the US was kind of the ones who got swept in that war, not the other way around, so it still comes across as complete gibberish

I think he watched a Vietnam movie. saw the squad level action movie scenes of quick sweeps of the jungle and firefights, and his brain swapped to a war that was over quick, desert storm. at no point there was no linking thought between the two to make a point. he hit swift and he was talking war, and desert storm was over swiftly.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://takeourborderback.com/

quote:

PEACEFUL ASSEMBLY

Calling all active & retired law enforcement and military, Veterans, Mama Bears, elected officials, business owners, ranchers, truckers, bikers, media and LAW ABIDING, freedom-loving Americans.

Join US ~ The time is now for WE THE PEOPLE to PEACEFULLY assemble in honor of our Constitutional Rights.

To call on our government to TAKE ACTION and SECURE OUR SOUTHERN BORDER

Make your Voices heard America!! Roll with us!!

From Virginia Beach, VA to Eagle Pass, TX

From Eagle Pass, TX to Yuma, AZ

From San Ysidro CA to Yuma, AZ

It would take over 700,000 vehicles to line the border. How amazing would that be!!!

TOGETHER we stand UNITED

"One Nation under God, indivisible with Liberty and Justice for All."

Join us and subscribe for updates. Including convoy schedule, meeting locations, rally dates & times

"Take Our Border Back Southern Border Convoy" peaceful assembly.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
Wait so is it honoring constitutional rights or securing the border? Because those things are pretty exclusive.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

it will be a hundred or so of them at best and probably lots of olds.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"We really don't know how this turned into a 10 day standoff with 63 people dead. We SAID peaceful protest."

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
brb just gonna peacefully install razor wire so children fleeing oppressive poverty die horribly

peacefully

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

Aramis posted:

Unless you've witnessed this spectacle for yourself, how is this any different than a million other urban myths about politicians? Like, you DO realize this is pizzagate-levels of unhinged, right?

My SO (who worked there sometimes and was mostly accepted/trusted by the Chinese of the area) got roped into being there for shock value by a sweet Chinese-wife of a doctor that worked there to get away from him (whole story there). She was sweet and hilarious, and absolutely knew what she was doing by trapping him there (literally, they locked the place up from the outside). She'd laugh like a hyena telling the story to me, SO found it less funny considering the whole "prank".

Quillen was a huge bastard and an open secret that he cheated on his wife constantly, tonthe point she killed her brain drinking and probably getting beat on. It's all really tragic and I don't mean to make light of it, but I've never known these two to lie, plus the angry chef verified it once whilst bullshitting on plum wine.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

I know my mosque is very peaceful.

Oh not that God got it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Accipiter posted:

Wait so is it honoring constitutional rights or securing the border? Because those things are pretty exclusive.

It's honoring the 2nd amendment only.

MoatsArt
Jan 7, 2021

Toxic Mental posted:

C'mon SCOTUS, do something re: immunity argument for CO ballot

I yearn for lols during the weekdays

i've been feeling the same way about engoron today

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Preoptopus posted:

I know my mosque is very peaceful.

Oh not that God got it.

Also not that religious freedom.

Side-note: I love how these morons think that their God is unable to defend himself in all of this supposed war. Like, is he really that weak and inept that he needs gun fetishists fighting for his cause? That the almighty might LOSE?

NOT SO ALL MIGHTY THEN IS HE HUH

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

I genuinely love when they do convoys. They're always super bombastic about it but it always ends up being a just few trucks and a bunch of minivans getting flipped off by normal traffic trying to go about their day.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Accipiter posted:

Also not that religious freedom.

Side-note: I love how these morons think that their God is unable to defend himself in all of this supposed war. Like, is he really that weak and inept that he needs gun fetishists fighting for his cause? That the almighty might LOSE?

NOT SO ALL MIGHTY THEN IS HE HUH

They mean Trump. Trump is their god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Seems to me that a god that gets easily crushed by a bunch of blue haired, pussy hat wearing, soy drinking vegan LIEberals is a weak rear end bitch god. Just sayin.