Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Agean90 posted:

[X] game but WITH POKEMON is an extremely untapped market. Harvest moon but there's pokemon would probably do gangbusters

that's literally runefactory, all of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I think one of the big points pal game nails that Pokémon is missing is the use of pals beyond battling and breeding. You put them to work, you want to catch certain pals because they're good at mining or crafting, you care about their stats beyond their use in combat. You're not restricted to one bicycle monster for all movement or to one monster per travel method, most pals that make sense as mounts get their pal gear, and there are noticeable enough differences between species. Higher-end pals move or fly faster, get stuff like double jumps etc, and assuming direct control of your huge pal by riding it like a war machine and using its spirit bomb to obliterate poacher camps feels great. Having your pals be basically instantly deployable vehicles you can customize is really fun.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Substandard posted:

Gengar is my fav pokemon. Is there a "not Gengar" in the game?

Nothing super close, unfortunately, most of the ghost/dark designs are following later gen design ideas.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
But Gengar isn't a dark type.

Poison/ghost

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I like the trinkets that let you have some pals out in addition to the one you call out.

What's a good location for a second base? Looking to get some mining done but haven't seen anything jump out at me from flying around the map.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I found a spot near the northwest spawn locations that has a couple ore nodes plus a sulfur node and coal node close by. It's just up the cliff on the larger island southeast of those spawns

Another nice thing about this spot is that raids can only come from one direction

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 24, 2024

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Substandard posted:

Gengar is my fav pokemon. Is there a "not Gengar" in the game?

The closest you'll get is Grintale, but it's a chunky cat walking on all fours. They're both purple and have that Cheshire smile.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Tamba posted:

Make the grappling gun. Deconstruct everything and take it into your inventory. Use the grappling gun to move around while weighing a few tons, the game does not care.

That's funny, I just came to this same realization earlier today

With a flying mount I was like, "Wow this seems worthless?" but then I realized it lets you zip around the base with a full inventory :monocle:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Tarezax posted:

I found a spot near the northwest spawn locations that has a couple ore nodes plus a sulfur node and coal node close by. It's just up the cliff on the larger island southeast of those spawns

Sounds perfect, AND I just happen to be flying that way anyway! Thanks!

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

How to make a lot of Gold

Manufacturing:
- Nails sell for 160g. 1 ingot produces 2 nails. 300 nails sell for 48k, 600 nails sell for 96k, etc. Use the money to fuel your cake factory

Super Mau Ranching:
- Maus and Mau Crysts passively generate Gold at a Ranch. Breed candidate Maus with all the work speed traits (Artisan, Lucky, Work Slave, extra slot) then condense fodder Maus into a super Mau to level its passive to level 4. Offer pal souls at the statue to further increase Work Speed. Repeat. You can dedicate an entire base to Ranching if you want.

:capitalism:

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 24, 2024

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
running around with a bowler hat and a baseball bat makes me feel like I'm on some Clockwork Orange bullshit

the Gumoss hat is my favorite but I can't keep up with the repairs, poo poo breaks constantly

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I've not tried it myself, but apparently there's a glitch to catch the Tower bosses.

You have to get a wanted level, then go into the boss fight. If the PIDF guards aggro the boss you have a brief window to catch them.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Gyoru posted:

Super Mau Ranching:
- Maus and Mau Crysts passively generate Gold at a Ranch. Breed candidate Maus with all the work speed traits (Artisan, Lucky, Work Slave, extra slot) then condense fodder Maus into a super Mau to level its passive to level 4. Repeat. You can dedicate an entire base to Ranching if you want.

How much gold do they dig up? I think the level 1 passive is only like 10g sacks. I was quite underwhelmed.

Any idea how many Pals can work a Ranch simultaneously?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

The real Palworld starts here

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

I love depresso.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Sab669 posted:

How much gold do they dig up? I think the level 1 passive is only like 10g sacks. I was quite underwhelmed.

Idk, at least 3? I have a bunch wandering around but I have gone pretty heavy into farming Mau because it's easier to buy bullets than make them.

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.

The energetic new hire who thinks they will be paid more for extra hard work vs the old crusty that knows how the system really works out.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My partner got an alpha Depresso and I'm jealous beyond words.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
It's probably less that Palworld is going to be some genuine Pokemon rival but that non-nintendo owners are desperately thirsty for a comparable experience and this game is going to make $300 million in the space of a few months from a team of 15-20 people before it's even officially released.

Sab669 posted:

I saw it capped at 5 alpalcas before throwing any more at it they refused to graze.

Gold farming is going to be much less effective then wool farming, you need a lot of cloth later on in the tech tree.

I have some elemental Mau's, everything about the way elemental ranks work make me think they are some kind of upgrade but they are a lot more rare.

Has anyone seen the passive skill level ups work? I built a pal condenser but haven't started feeding it yet.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 24, 2024

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I think cooperate is right, I don't think 'compete' is. The honest answer is that if anything becomes a competition then you're going to have people finding ways to make it as incredibly unfun as possible in the name of optimization. Palworld wouldn't work if it was that kind of game for example, having a server where you can remove/ban people goes a long way towards keeping it tolerable.

Fair point. I do think even among cooperation there will always be competition. Some will want to be the "best" cooperator. But where that competitive energy is funnelled and applied can have a great impact on the game as a whole.

What I want from competition is different cities of people working together to make a cooler area without taking away from anyone else. Unfortunately never seen anything like that really in a game, and games already struggle loading detailed single player bases if they're build anywhere style, let alone if you can reform terrain.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lmao this rules and anyone who says the game lacks charm clearly hasn’t seen the game.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I love the little animation detail that Depresso is watching the pick rise and fall.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

pentyne posted:

Has anyone seen the passive skill level ups work? I built a pal condenser but haven't started feeding it yet.

If you mean their "work/job" level, that apparently does go up, but only at condense level 4, which takes 116 pals mulched into 1. Hope you've been catching lots of spares.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

pentyne posted:

It's probably less that Palworld is going to be some genuine Pokemon rival but that non-nintendo owners are desperately thirsty for a comparable experience and this game is going to make $300 million in the space of a few months from a team of 15-20 people before it's even officially released.

Wrong.

Gamefreak started out small too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Treecko posted:

Wrong.

Gamefreak started out small too.

Games were a lot smaller then too.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
That is true.

They don't all need to big and endless

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Just enjoy what you already have.

I don't think I'll ever understand the 'need new thing now' mindset.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Treecko posted:

And it's not for lack of trying

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Treecko posted:

I have the same feeling about posts.

You don't always need to make new ones.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

explosivo posted:

I like the trinkets that let you have some pals out in addition to the one you call out.

I just realized I think I don't love these trinkets all the time because they get in the way and.. is there no way to remove these?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I have gamepassed palworld and it is fine videogame. It's got the polish that Lego Fortnite has. These are peer videogames and it's never been a better time for videogames with hunger bars.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

KittyEmpress posted:

I have the same feeling about posts.

You don't always need to make new ones.

Agree to disagree?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
There's a menu or tab in your inventory somewheres to disable em.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hip Lantern owns

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
drat you're so cool.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

sushibandit posted:

If you mean their "work/job" level, that apparently does go up, but only at condense level 4, which takes 116 pals mulched into 1. Hope you've been catching lots of spares.

So, like fill 10-15% of your total inventory with spares?

lol and the costs of pal spheres just keep making less sense much less all those goddamn Vix and Lifmunks who seem to easily escape 90% success rates 3-4 times in a row.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone tried running Sweepa with 5x Swee?
Curious how strong it is.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Gamerofthegame posted:

that's literally runefactory, all of them

Another A+ series if you can stand Terminal Anime.

esquilax
Jan 3, 2003

pentyne posted:

So, like fill 10-15% of your total inventory with spares?

lol and the costs of pal spheres just keep making less sense much less all those goddamn Vix and Lifmunks who seem to easily escape 90% success rates 3-4 times in a row.

I legitimately think something is wrong with the percentage chance, as if some factors are applying to the value shown on screen but not the underlying capture chance. It seems to be getting worse as I reach higher levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

esquilax posted:

I legitimately think something is wrong with the percentage chance, as if some factors are applying to the value shown on screen but not the underlying capture chance. It seems to be getting worse as I reach higher levels.

I was thinking it went by some % determination based on level but then I saw some low leveled elemental variants and they were 5% capture rate while comparable non-elemental ones were much, much higher.

Paldex # is probably part of the factor for sure.

I think they posted that there was a memory leak bug that was crashing the %capture rates as well, either visible or invisible.