Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

In other words, there are far better ways to allocate/spend 5.185m silver, especially since I already have the Bretagne Panther, M4A1 FL 10 *and* Revalorise, Bourrasque, and Lorraine 40t for French MT trainers.

If you want to get one of them, the T9 AMX 30 is still great. But yeah, money is probably best spent elsewhere TBH :smith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Collectors vehicles are not crew trainers btw, they need their own crew like a techtree tank.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

sauer kraut posted:

Collectors vehicles are not crew trainers btw, they need their own crew like a techtree tank.

Ah, I'd forgotten that. =/

All the more reason to not buy it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

After playing the 60TP for a bit I'm almost tempted to slap full bond equipment on it. It's not amazing on a hill because it doesn't have amazing gun depression, but otherwise it's absolutely a blast to play.

Nothing like having some dumbass unload his whole T57 clip into you, not pen a single one and then lose half his HP.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
British tanks made better?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

MariusLecter posted:

British tanks made better?

The Centurions got bigly buffed a year ago.
Britain is in really good shape now for tier 8+ everything.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The UK tier 10 TDs aren't so great. The 183 mm TDs got hit by the HE nerf, and the Badger has never been particularly good.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Had 3 games in the Nomad today. They all sucked. 2 were total blow outs and the last one I played like an idiot. It is a good tank, but that turret turn speed is Rough.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Two things: they're starting a new auction tomorrow, and the Rudy is for sale again for :20bux:.

For newer players - it's worth it because the tank can be switched between the Soviet and Polish lines (you need to equip it for both nations), and even though it's a T-34-85, you don't need a radio operator because the role is taken by a dog. Which barks when you're spotted.

It also comes with a Soviet and Polish crew with zero-skill BiA. It's probably the single best value premium in the game.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 24, 2024

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

New post just to bump - apparently the first auction tank is the T-22 Medium for a 15m credit minimum bid.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Last time the bids for the T-22 were around ~45 million credits on the EU servers IIRC. Probably there's still a lot of demand for it, because it's incredibly rare.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I am so tired of this.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

BIG HEADLINE posted:

even though it's a T-34-85, you don't need a radio operator because the role is taken by a dog. Which barks when you're spotted.

lmao

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I am so tired of this.

triple progetto 65 seems odd for onslaught. i know you didnt pick that but it's odd to see

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The picks I've been seeing today are just loving wild. I've definitely seen people in weird tanks do really well, but like ... if you're a Rinoceronte who decides to go on the beach on Normandy, then GG. We super loving lost, surprisingly.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I havent played World of Tanks in several years but I just got a new computer that can run everything at full graphical boogaloo and man, I don't know WTF I'm doing anymore.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I havent played World of Tanks in several years but I just got a new computer that can run everything at full graphical boogaloo and man, I don't know WTF I'm doing anymore.

Neither do ~60% of the game's other players, so don't worry about it.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

That's what I thought and it turns out I remembered how to play pretty quickly and was still better than 99% of the drooling idiots that play this game.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Full list of auction vehicles apparently leaked, and the only one that looks interesting is the double-blyat TD. Saves some resources at least.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

BZ-72-1 is the tank tomorrow - apparently you need 375,000 free xp just to bid on it.

That's for the Asian server, though - who knows if it'll stay that way for the US and EU.

Apparently 15.1 million was the minimum accepted bid for the T-22 on the NA server, 22.7m on EU.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

BZ-72-1 is the tank tomorrow - apparently you need 375,000 free xp just to bid on it.

That's for the Asian server, though - who knows if it'll stay that way for the US and EU.

Apparently 15.1 million was the minimum accepted bid for the T-22 on the NA server, 22.7m on EU.

15 M was the minimum bid - and the maximum, because there were fewer bids than lots!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sushibandit posted:

Full list of auction vehicles apparently leaked, and the only one that looks interesting is the double-blyat TD. Saves some resources at least.

Apparently the double barrel TD is kinda crappy too. It has really bad armour and guns that require being close to the enemy, which isn't a great combination. But I guess we'll see.

Here is QB's review of the BZ, which is also apparently not that great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9NW0YYoKL8

Gonna save my free XP for whatever the assembly shop's gonna be. Or to free XP two complete tank lines or something, I dunno.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jan 25, 2024

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Atomizer posted:

That's what I thought and it turns out I remembered how to play pretty quickly and was still better than 99% of the drooling idiots that play this game.

Yeah, while I have no idea what 80 percent of the crazy pop-ups/incentives and other poo poo mean when logging in, as it turns out when I'm playing in an actual game the same old principles apply and I'm still pretty decent. Same goes with World of Warships as well.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Atomizer posted:

15 M was the minimum bid - and the maximum, because there were fewer bids than lots!

So far nobody on NA is bidding on the BZ-72-1 either.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

yeah i dont get why i would want it. i watched skill play it and the gun performed better than the stats but it has no lower plate and has two cupola weakpoints. yeah sure it has the jet boosts but if i want a tank with no frontal armor and a turret you have to play weirdly with i'll just play the t110e5 and get extremely good gun handling and dpm

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

yeah i dont get why i would want it. i watched skill play it and the gun performed better than the stats but it has no lower plate and has two cupola weakpoints. yeah sure it has the jet boosts but if i want a tank with no frontal armor and a turret you have to play weirdly with i'll just play the t110e5 and get extremely good gun handling and dpm

Totally agree, auction tanks have been hot garbage this year.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

So obviously this isn't confirmed yet, but:

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2024/01/25/how-frequently-will-world-of-tanks-be-updated-in-the-future/

The usual World of Tanks will be closed in 2025

This is not a joke, but the near future. Those who carefully read the subtexts have already understood this themselves (here you don’t even need to go far – WOT is already preparing to move into the support stage, and then there will be maintenance only). Yes, and we also wrote about this earlier. But the “tankers” are still flying in the clouds, so let them continue.

So throw money into a project, which in ~1.5 years, ohh, well, you… Of course, now they will deny everything.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
They're just mad that there aren't any sweeping updates to an ancient game, that's the "subtexts" they mean. WG would be dumb to close WoT when they could easily keep it going for years with minimal updates and keep collecting player dollars.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah there's no way they're killing WoT. They have very little else as a company, and as Vando says, updating and maintaining WoT is really not that expensive.

And in collecting player dollars news, today's auction is -- as we knew -- the ISU-122-2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M0z9_AlGQk

QB thinks it's OK. I'm not convinced. The armour is dog poo poo and you can practically only fire doubles because the barrel switching time is drat near as long as the reload time, and if you camp at the red line shooting doubles you're gonna miss a lot of shots. He says you have to play it like a turretless medium, which is again a bad time in a tank that can be shredded by equal and higher tier opponents at will. And also -5 degrees gun depression and a rear mounted turret is a bad combination for today's hill meta.

30000 on the EU servers, 9000 gold minimum bid.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
It didn't seem good, but it did seem fun, so I might actually bid for it if price doesn't climb by a ridiculous amount. Also in skills video I don't think he missed a single shot, so either he got lucky or the tank has your usual soviet accuracy: poo poo on paper, laser in game.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Apparently the RU server is letting you use premium days as currency in the upcoming assembly shop. I hope that comes to NA because wow, I have a lot of premium time.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

McGavin posted:

Apparently the RU server is letting you use premium days as currency in the upcoming assembly shop. I hope that comes to NA because wow, I have a lot of premium time.

They're doing that in EU and NA in World of Warships for their equivalent of the Assembly Shop, except the prices there are roughly 5x higher than in WoT.

So it might happen?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Looks like the ISU-122-2 is going for the minimum bid on NA.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I didn't even bother bidding because I hate casemate TDs.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I bid the minimum on the BZ-whatever because why not, I have a ton of holiday gold left over that I don't need for anything else, and then I went to work and let the auction play out not really caring too much about the outcome. It didn't win of course, which was a little surprising because of the cost and the results of the first auction, but I guess that puts the ballpark number of players on NA willing to spend large amounts of gold for new tanks at somewhere between 4-8k accounts.

I was going to make a comment on today's auction, seeing it was closer in price and quantity to the T-22 and not yet hitting the maximum lots, however it seems like the game has been inaccessible (at least NA, and the shop on SA, as well as the web site,) for the past couple of hours. Great job, WG! :jerkbag: So while I got a [minimum] bid in, I have no idea what the outcome was, although seeing as how there still was no competitive bid listed the last time I saw, I'm assuming the bids remained more or less frozen since nobody else would've been able to place/update a bid.

Update: I won the TD for the minimum bid. :toot:

Atomizer fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jan 27, 2024

Sayara
May 10, 2009
Won mine with 10100 in EU, would've won with 100 less most likely, but wanted to play it safe before going to sleep.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The first game this guy has was really amazing mainly because the spot he plays in I've never seen or use before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srWlAgLwwGA

I think I might need to try that out today.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sayara posted:

Won mine with 10100 in EU, would've won with 100 less most likely, but wanted to play it safe before going to sleep.

I bid 9250 when the bidding opened and got one. Not a ton of interest in this one either, based on Reddit they didn't even have 30 000 bids until the last hour.

And today's tank is the TL-7. The GSOR 1008 at T9 but worse in every way.

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I bid 9250 when the bidding opened and got one. Not a ton of interest in this one either, based on Reddit they didn't even have 30 000 bids until the last hour.

Oh, what does the competitive bid mean then? It was 10.000 when I bid mine so I thouight I had to clear that threshold to get one.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sayara posted:

Oh, what does the competitive bid mean then? It was 10.000 when I bid mine so I thouight I had to clear that threshold to get one.

They take the winning bids, and then the competitive bid is the median winning bid. So 50% of winning bids are above it, 50% are below it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

They take the winning bids, and then the competitive bid is the median winning bid. So 50% of winning bids are above it, 50% are below it.

Ah, alright, thanks!