Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

the pinnacle of gaming has always been every character from every game coming in for one HUGE party

MUGEN walked so Fortnite could run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I actually "mained" Blastoise despite playing Red lol.

I remember Blastoise was the only Pokémon I ever got to max level without exploiting the rare candy duplication exploit thing.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Scyther is supposed to be like a grasshopper or something

I think more of a praying mantis, which just makes it cooler

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Durf posted:

the pinnacle of gaming has always been every character from every game coming in for one HUGE party

MUGEN walked so Fortnite could run
imo fortnite should lean into this harder. do a hokey "cartoon all-stars" anti-drug special event featuring literally all the IPs they have licenses for

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

man, the pious male mc voice in rogue trader is intense, dude really sells it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the old snake skin looks a little weird. his skin doesn't have enough wrinkles, he looks like a boy with white hair and a mustache

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
smooth snake

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

solid snake infiltrating an R rated movie

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

Buck Wildman posted:

solid snake infiltrating an R rated movie

the three snakes all stacked up under a trenchcoat

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
147.3 Snake: [eating noises]
147.7 Para-Medic: Oh wow! It looks like you found some popcorn. Popcorn is made from dried ears of corn that are cooked in oil. The shapes are actually formed because the starch inside each kernal becomes superheated and turns into plasma, resulting in the classic "popped corn" shape.
147.3 Snake: Hmm......... Pretty good.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

SomethingBeautiful posted:

nah it's just snake on otacon's shoulders, neither of them ever considered that otacon could just bring snake in as a consenting guardian

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

SomethingBeautiful posted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

I actually "mained" Blastoise despite playing Red lol.

Same

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Also the trash bag Pokemon rules and in my dream Pokemon (Friday Night Lights based, in Poke-Texas) you find them in route 1 (the suburbs zone)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The starters in Texas Pokemon are a cowboy cow with wood popguns that shoot seeds, a football player turtle whose first form is as the team waterboy, and barbeque

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Buck Wildman posted:

man, the pious male mc voice in rogue trader is intense, dude really sells it

He even sings a couple barks like they're hymns, it rules

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Blastoise crew show up! I picked Squirtle because I liked the episode of the anime where the Squirtles were delinquents who rehabilitated into firefighters.

Punked Brock, he never stood a chance.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
finally picked up like a dragon and put some hours in and i love these weird guys. ichiban is a v. loveable doofus

tokyo godfathers dragon quest is the game i never knew i wanted but turns out i really did

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Blastoise squad checking in, was my starter with Blue and I always start water type ever since

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Imagine a Bulbasaur main. That's a secret you take to the grave

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

DaysBefore posted:

yep

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

DaysBefore posted:

drat can't believe they made a digimon that was based on you

:negative:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

Like everyone at my school were Bulbasaur mains! I didn't get it then and I don't now. Like, at least Charizard is cool

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Also RBY just plain doesn't give you a fire type until very late if you don't pick Charmander so it might be the powergamer choice esp if you're playing a later remake where it learns iron claw for Brock purposes

But even so I couldn't just not pick Squirtle, he's my dude

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Blastoise squad checking in, was my starter with Blue and I always start water type ever since

I mean, it's ok to have a little variety

Turtwig was the best grass starter and torchic was the best fire starter imo just imo

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I actually started with Yellow so getting hard filtered by Brock when I was like six was pretty epic

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Had to rebuild my ps5 database. I guess the last system update was corrupted.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

He even sings a couple barks like they're hymns, it rules

lol he just did it, cracks me up

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Had to rebuild my ps5 database. I guess the last system update was corrupted.

should've gotten a dreamcast hooty

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

loquacius posted:

Like everyone at my school were Bulbasaur mains! I didn't get it then and I don't now. Like, at least Charizard is cool

he's the easiest starter since he's good at the first 2 gyms

in the original game charmander is a rough pick because there's like 1 pokemon you can get otherwise that's good against brock

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

in the remake they have him learn metal claw early on because they are weak, if you want the coolest starter you should have to work for it!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

loquacius posted:

I mean, it's ok to have a little variety

Turtwig was the best grass starter and torchic was the best fire starter imo just imo

Well I generally just pick whatever is the most stupid and pathetic looking and I'm sorry to say that's usually the water type. I did skip the entirety of the series between Red/Blue and Sword/Shield tho

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^^ Edit: Well why didn't you say so, here I was thinking that you had spent the past 20+ years cheating with a bunch of other water Pokémons

Epic High Five posted:

You're not a true member of Blastoise Squad if you played other Pokémon games.

I'll maybe excuse Gold/Silver since you return to original Pokémon in it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bimbotopia sounds better imo

bimbohemia

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

^^^^ Edit: Well why didn't you say so, here I was thinking that you had spent the past 20+ years cheating with a bunch of other water Pokémons

You're not a true member of Blastoise Squad if you played other Pokémon games.

I'll maybe excuse Gold/Silver since you return to original Pokémon in it.

I've got 25 Squirtle Squad members and a bunch of shiny Blastoise in Pokemon Go, I've got some legitimacy banked for a rainy day

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DaysBefore posted:

skeptile or whatever was the first cool grass starter imho

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Al! posted:

147.3 Snake: [eating noises]
147.7 Para-Medic: Oh wow! It looks like you found some popcorn. Popcorn is made from dried ears of corn that are cooked in oil. The shapes are actually formed because the starch inside each kernal becomes superheated and turns into plasma, resulting in the classic "popped corn" shape.
147.3 Snake: Hmm......... Pretty good.

lol

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

puto pal

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
got to play a nice long stretch of Wasteland 3 last night - cleared out an abandoned mall full of clowns that was terrorizing a community by sending bomb-laden pigs (with lipstick) into their homes

going all-in on Lockpicking and Mechanics early on seems to be paying off - there was a whole segment that I was very easily able to solve just by unlocking doors and directly fixing a generator, that might otherwise have needed a more convoluted solution

and in the process I was able to find a revolver that shoots icicles, which did bonus damage to the flamethrower-equipped clowns

one neat thing about the interface is that when you're targeting an enemy in combat, there's a display that tells you how much damage reduction (or damage bonus) is going to be applied, based on your current weapon, and the target. So when I'm aiming a regular gun at an enemy, it might say "-20%" to represent the target's armor, but it'll say "+30%" if I'm aiming the frost revolver at someone who'll take extra damage from, but it will also say "-100%" if I'm aiming the frost gun at an ice worm, at which point I have Lucia change over to her regular revolver so she can actually harm the thing

it eliminates a lot of guesswork or tedious statistics-referencing across different screens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Leave the Ultra Ball. Take the Rare Candy.