Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is it just me or the coaching search slower than usual this year

It's because much bigger sharks at stake here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

a neat cape posted:

Imagine.

Vrabel sits out this coaching cycle.

After 2024, Tomlin and the Steekers part ways.

Vrabel to Pittsburgh

Isn't Tomlin getting an extension?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

mcmagic posted:

Isn't Tomlin getting an extension?

I haven't here's anything about an extension? Could be wrong though

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Black Sunshine posted:

Nobody owes you poo poo. You were bitching that teams weren't interviewing Carroll when he literally wasn't taking interviews. Even if that report is true, lol it's not, then all that means is that he's now open to interviews because he changed his mind. Not a single person said "Pete Carroll sucks, everyone should avoid him like the plague".

Carroll clearly IS in play if there are jobs that he's interested in despite what I was told though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Gotta think that once the Harbaugh deal is done some other dominoes fall fairly quickly.

Think the real tipping point is Johnson

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

mcmagic posted:

Carroll clearly IS in play if there are jobs that he's interested in despite what I was told though.

You were told he hadn't interviewed anywhere, which indicated he wasn't interested or teams weren't because he's old.

There is now a rumor that he might be interested in 1 job. That does not vindicate your meltdown over teams not dragging him through a press conference otw to an interview.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I'm starting to believe Vrabel gets left out.

Unless, of course, he comes to the Pack as our new DC :tizzy:

I think it'll be Bill. He might have coached his last NFL game and doesn't know it yet

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

The man has an agent, if he wants another head coaching job he can simply have his agent call teams and let it be known than he’s interesting in head coaching jobs. He can have Schefter tweet whatever he wants to be known verbatim. Instead you’ve got one unsourced report from Florio that he’s “heard” that Carroll reached out through back channels to express interest in a job that’s already all but locked up. If he wants to coach again this year he sure doesn’t seem to be trying very hard.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

MikeCrotch posted:

I think it'll be Bill. He might have coached his last NFL game and doesn't know it yet

Belicheck or Vrabel. I'll take any as DC.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Is this actually happening

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1749914102648963456?t=T5orAlNhHUQtKKgx2_T61A&s=19

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Man I don't even want to post this, I like the Chargers, I like a neat cape, but my hands won't stop.

Mean posting: Does this count as another offseason championship?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

Man I don't even want to post this, I like the Chargers, I like a neat cape, but my hands won't stop.

Mean posting: Does this count as another offseason championship?

Yeah but e don't get those in January, it's usually an April or May thing

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:unsmigghh:

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1749871505008124041

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I'm not sure Milf Ootball is the best source

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

a neat cape posted:

Yeah but e don't get those in January, it's usually an April or May thing

Climate change even effecting the off-season champs

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm not sure Milf Ootball is the best source

I really wish people would use the actual journalist's tweet instead of these aggregator accounts stealing work

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Somehow I have thoughts the Browns may be lame enough to try this

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Gatts posted:

Somehow I have thoughts the Browns may be lame enough to try this

I bet we would if we still had Baker. He was a solid OC with Tannehill of all people. But based on the interviews already the Browns are clearly trying to upgrade the passing attack.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

I really wish people would use the actual journalist's tweet instead of these aggregator accounts stealing work

I thought an agregator would be better than posting something from clay travis' operation, but if you insist

https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/1749910864084250978?t=N66jFfZHfARRf0m8rY3Fdg&s=19

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I have a half baked and not well thought out theory that the Chargers’ problem wasn’t the guys they drafted but their inability to develop anyone. I would put that on Staley’s staff

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

AndrewP posted:

I have a half baked and not well thought out theory that the Chargers’ problem wasn’t the guys they drafted but their inability to develop anyone. I would put that on Staley’s staff

Telesco was the common denominator over three different coaching staffs

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There is literally nothing you can pay a coach that is an overpay.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Don't hire dudes your division rival just fired for the same position. Basic loving poo poo.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Jon Gruden

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

No sarcasm, but Aaron Glenn is pretty much a defensive Dan Campbell and is gonna be a sick head coach.

His defence is quietly doing really well despite having a lame Cam Sutton as his CB1 and a stolen off the practice squad of another team lats in the year as his CB2.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I'm racking my brain and I can't think of a single success story

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Don't hire dudes your division rival just fired for the same position. Basic loving poo poo.

I think he's an OK GM actually. not great but I'd trade Douglas for him in a second.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'll post whatever poo poo, it's their fault for using X

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
All teams should hire Aaron Glenn. I liked him since he was on the Jets.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Vilerat would have loved this…..

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hizawk posted:

I'm racking my brain and I can't think of a single success story

Mike Shanahan

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

FizFashizzle posted:

Vilerat would have loved this…..
I was saying this to a friend the other day :smith:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Mike Shanahan

He spent three years as OC for 49ers between gigs though.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

mcmagic posted:

I think he's an OK GM actually. not great but I'd trade Douglas for him in a second.

I mean, yea at least Telesco can find a good QB. Also while I don’t think he’s good the Raiders haven’t been able to hit on anyone lately so even if they just get better at hitting on 1st rounders that’d be an improvement

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I mean, yea at least Telesco can find a good QB. Also while I don’t think he’s good the Raiders haven’t been able to hit on anyone lately so even if they just get better at hitting on 1st rounders that’d be an improvement

Telesco and whichever Spanos wanted Tua, but they weren't willing to overpay to leapfrog Miami in the draft, so they rolled the dice that the Dolphins wouldn't select Tua themselves and were forced to settle for Herbert when they actually did.

All in all, Telesco's 1st round draft picks are slightly worse than a coin flip if they'll be good or not. His only redeeming quality is that he doesn't overthink it when a high quality prospect falls into his lap.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

As far as staff goes it would be a power move to bring Connor Stallions along.

I don't know what he would do on the team, he has no skills other than spying from what I can tell. But just flying a huge middle finger to the NCAA.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

I don't know what he would do on the team, he has no skills other than spying from what I can tell. But just flying a huge middle finger to the NCAA.

I honestly don’t think Harbaugh has given Stallions a single thought in months

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

mcmagic posted:

Imo quarterback scouting is almost totally luck and if you switch just the QBs they drafted, the jets are a Super Bowl contender and the chargers would win fewer than 3 games

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

DeimosRising posted:

Imo quarterback scouting is almost totally luck and if you switch just the QBs they drafted, the jets are a Super Bowl contender and the chargers would win fewer than 3 games

They drafted better on the OL than the Jets have too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Grittybeard posted:

The obvious answer is give him more complicated spying missions. Like infiltrate the chiefs and destroy them