Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

RodShaft posted:

Challenge accepted.

My loadout. 4 snipers, shockwave

You only play lego

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

Being able to enter porta potties again is the best thing they updated

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Dead Nerve posted:

Being able to enter porta potties again is the best thing they updated

Hahaha, a kindred spirit!

I thought the latest meta was crash pad jr and flowberry for insane movement?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Amphigory posted:

Hahaha, a kindred spirit!

I thought the latest meta was crash pad jr and flowberry for insane movement?

You get a fun high jump, but shockwaves are always best.

buffbus
Nov 19, 2012

RodShaft posted:

Wow. That's. Something.

I thought the newest meta was to use a sniper without a scope as a shot gun.

I've had good results with a red dot sight on the reaper but I also kinda suck. I don't really pay attention to meta stuff. I mostly just play because my son does.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Festival will def have to change note charts if they add instrument support. I feel like they'd have to rework vocals entirely for every song.

Really just wish that mode could be played locally with friends.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

iirc leaks said no physical mics, and the plastic instruments do get separate tracks. They still get 4 difficulties but each difficulty uses all 5 notes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Just had the best ending to a game. A buddy I was in a squad with was down to her and the last player, last storm circle basically, and all she could was find was boxes so she through them all down, hid in one and when the other guy came shot at the wrong ones. Chef's kiss.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Abroham Lincoln posted:

iirc leaks said no physical mics, and the plastic instruments do get separate tracks. They still get 4 difficulties but each difficulty uses all 5 notes.

drat, no mics sucks.

I guess I shouldn’t expect this mode to turn into a local coop party game.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ah, you have to swap jams every 2.5 minutes to get Jam Festival to work. Eh. I'm unemployed and I don't have that kind of time (or interest, really).

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I guess epic got their player count stats and are wrapping up juicing 'em with afk players then

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Too bad but at least I got to 166 already. I guess I'll need to actually play the game to get the rest of the rewards.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Hello I would like to play but don't know how discord works. Pls send invite.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Here you go:

https://discord.com/invite/Knn7v5TY

Join us :)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/willemdafoeo/status/1750310614507860357?t=umT0GcZ9s4qGMflxpslkKg&s=19

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I just accidentally got all the solid snake stuff which is cool that you can do it just by playing. I assumed it all would cost vbucks.

Thanks Fortnite

Thortnite

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Beve Stuscemi posted:

I just accidentally got all the solid snake stuff which is cool that you can do it just by playing. I assumed it all would cost vbucks.

Thanks Fortnite

Thortnite

They are part of the battlepass. He is the bonus skin. Check the battlepass page.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

An, that makes sense, I didn’t look at it since I’d already gotten it all

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Beve Stuscemi posted:

An, that makes sense, I didn’t look at it since I’d already gotten it all

Remember to unlock the bonus cosmetics with you battlepass stars.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

if you forget then it automatically spends them at the end of the season anyway

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

repiv posted:

if you forget then it automatically spends them at the end of the season anyway

Really? I har no idea. That is cool

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think they may even round up so if you have like 5 stars left and the next item is 8 they give it to you, ive at least been given a bonus reward i didnt think i could get once or twice. or maybe that was them giving everyone an exp bonus or something

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
I kinda wish augements worked more like Apex where you can find them in the wild, having to run to (fairly hidden) workbenches to upgrade/sidegrade them is just a huge chore.

That might be too much menuing to do out in the open though, so I can see why most benches are in closed rooms.

Either way, I think overall the perk system made for better/more fun gameplay changes.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Fancy Hat! posted:

I kinda wish augements worked more like Apex where you can find them in the wild, having to run to (fairly hidden) workbenches to upgrade/sidegrade them is just a huge chore.

That might be too much menuing to do out in the open though, so I can see why most benches are in closed rooms.

Either way, I think overall the perk system made for better/more fun gameplay changes.

Completely agree on all counts. I was bummed when they decided perks weren’t coming back this season. Weapon mods are fun but there aren’t enough workbenches.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Spacebump posted:

Completely agree on all counts. I was bummed when they decided perks weren’t coming back this season. Weapon mods are fun but there aren’t enough workbenches.

Feels especially punishing if you play solo a lot but that might just be me who struggles against bosses by my lonesome.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lil Nas jam track coming

TMNT collab is part of the next update

Earthquakes will be returning and small map changes have started.

Near the scanner NPC camp there is a small crack that I don't remember seeing before. At night the crack emits a red glow.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Wait, did they add afk protection to the Lego mode? I got kicked out for idling.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I don't think I've been able to idle in it since last week. Haven't wanted to actually play in a while.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Interesting find in thr files for those who like the silly story stuff.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The weapon mods are kind of boring because I just build my setup that I know and run all the time and thats it.

The augments were more fun because you ran different things all the time unless you really wanted to blow your gold re-rolling them

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Big dub for euros

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Beve Stuscemi posted:

The weapon mods are kind of boring because I just build my setup that I know and run all the time and thats it.

The augments were more fun because you ran different things all the time unless you really wanted to blow your gold re-rolling them

Totally

I stick to my usual guns and only improve them if I happen to be near a safe work bench at any time

Augments meant you did weird stuff more often

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Gonna get Fortnite proper onto the iPad rather than using Xbox cloud - yes!

That'll improve my work trips away

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

ok, how do us USians get onto the EU store? VPN?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Super No Vacancy posted:

i think they may even round up so if you have like 5 stars left and the next item is 8 they give it to you, ive at least been given a bonus reward i didnt think i could get once or twice. or maybe that was them giving everyone an exp bonus or something
i'm not even sure it's that picky, i've gotten the next prize with a single star.

also i missed the final stage on the ice guy with the face lock, they gave me that for free with a couple of other things i never unlocked when the new chapter hit

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Big dub for euros
this news could have stopped brexit from happening

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Yeah, it doesn't help that there are some doofy choices, like where there's nothing you'd want in that slot -like sights on shotguns or full on best in slot for 90% of the guns, like you'll almost always take bigger mag over faster reload.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is the Enforcer AR considered good? It feels like a decent sniper substitute but a not-great AR.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
thanks to Mr. Hootington for recommending this thread.

Im tryin to start No Build Battle Royale to play with some friends, but am having trouble figuring out the controls etc while in the game. It took me about 10 min just to figure out how to invert look. Is there a way to do this with Bots or something or a tutorial just to figure out controls? Im over here dancing by accident or getting killed before having any time to figure things out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

on a new account you probably are mostly against bots, but if you want a no pressure space just to learn the controls then try party royale