Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
if any of you got a top 10 wrestlers from 2023 come and share them in the PSP Top 10 Wrestlers thread here (or even if you just have like a top 1 or 2)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4051427

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/V6YsuD3.gifv

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Big news today in that starting January 2025, Raw is going to Netflix. Also, the Rock is now part of the board of directors for WWE's parent company TKO.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Gavok posted:

Big news today in that starting January 2025, Raw is going to Netflix. Also, the Rock is now part of the board of directors for WWE's parent company TKO.

Is this a lol? I think it's a lol.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

SirPhoebos posted:

Is this a lol? I think it's a lol.

It's a huge :lol:, because the elderly Fox News viewers, who make up the bulk of Raw's audience when they fall asleep in front of the TV after switching over to it, aren't going to bother learning how to use Netflix

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It's a huge :lol:, because the elderly Fox News viewers, who make up the bulk of Raw's audience when they fall asleep in front of the TV after switching over to it, aren't going to bother learning how to use Netflix

*citation needed

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Jonny Nox posted:

*citation needed

Unless they've radically changed, the average age demographics for Raw usually tends to be pretty high up there in terms of old folks :corsair:

Granted it's been a while since I last bothered to look, so maybe 18-30 olds have suddenly become a huge demographic for them in recent weeks

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Netflix doesn't release view numbers so shout out to the fake numbers TKO will release off of shared accounts.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gavok posted:

Also, the Rock is now part of the board of directors for WWE's parent company TKO.

I've been rewatching bits and pieces of the Attitude Era cause I missed out on it right when it was blowing up, and lol Corporate Elbow

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Wee Bairns posted:

That's how you build anticipation, and goddamn what a pop.

It really helps the pop when the crowd are expecting Justin Bieber to rock-up as host.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

They all signed up to watch The Irishman and never cancelled.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
My mom had 3 Netflix accounts because she could not remember her password and would somehow just add a new account.

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 24, 2024

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

wait does this mean aew won the cable wrestle wars

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Is Raw still going to be on USA and Netflix gets it a month later, the way it worked with WWE Network and personally Peacock?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

oh i forgot the network was on the peacock now. i can watch it again now that i have a subscription from the miami/kc game. i used to like watching all the old stuff. i was watching old mid atlantic matches right before they got rid of it. i guess i could watch old mid atlantic matches again, on the peacock streaming service.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

dang, between this and the dude who got handed $$$ for a tv series and pissed away a hefty percentage of it down the cryptocurrency drain, Netflix really will give just any jabroni fat stacks these days

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
i look foward to the rock losing his take over of tko just like his failed take over of dc movies.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

idk i can see it being true but also all the old people i know have netflix because theres a bunch of poo poo they want to watch on it but they also fall asleep and it played 3 episodes and they dont go back and watch those episodes then they try to talk to you about it and youre like wait you didnt see X? its an entire episode. and they think youre loving with em

snergle fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 24, 2024

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Cat Hatter posted:

Is Raw still going to be on USA and Netflix gets it a month later, the way it worked with WWE Network and personally Peacock?

Nope. All the WWE stuff is shifting around. By the time next January is here, it'll be:

Raw exclusively on Netflix
NXT on the CW
Smackdown on USA

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Cornwind Evil, In The Second Part Of My Effortpost for Goldust/Dustin Runnels posted:

There’s also a Japanese wrestler I know whose name escapes me who would take it to his own extremes I think some time after Goldust started his bit; the picture that I couldn’t find/really didn’t want to search for was him setting up for a piledriver with the opponent’s head literally stuffed into the front of his brief-style tights.

Ah, THERE he is.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

snergle posted:

i look foward to the rock losing his take over of tko just like his failed take over of dc movies.

idk i can see it being true but also all the old people i know have netflix because theres a bunch of poo poo they want to watch on it but they also fall asleep and it played 3 episodes and they dont go back and watch those episodes then they try to talk to you about it and youre like wait you didnt see X? its an entire episode. and they think youre loving with em

I'm pretty sure these people are Netflix's primary target audience and it explains so much.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Vandar posted:

Nope. All the WWE stuff is shifting around. By the time next January is here, it'll be:

Raw exclusively on Netflix
NXT on the CW
Smackdown on USA

Also, the Premium Live Events™ and I think all the old WWE Network stuff will still be on Peacock, at least until 2026.

2Fetus2Tree
Jan 24, 2024
They're sure making it a pain in the rear end to just watch their product. I got into wrestling last year because I saw Macho Man Randy Savage jump like a ballerina.
I decided to just start watching WrestleManias
And when I went to 3 to see Hogan and Andre I happened
To see Steamboat v Savage and I thought oops I have misread this. Cut to six months later and I'm getting misty
watching Ric Flair lose to Shawn Michaels. Then a few weeks later I'm genuinely tearing up at Minoru Suzuki v Jushin Liger. Such an amazing thing this made up BS can be. For more modern stuff, I like the Ciampa Gargano feud and my man Gunther.

I love Vader. I love his run with surfer Sting in WCW. I also loved Ron Simmons beating Vader for the belt. That's a tough video to find. It shouldn't be. I also love Mike Awesome, who is the star of a very sad story. I was wondering if you learned gents could point me in the direction of some more great stuff. Doesn't matter the promotion.

2Fetus2Tree fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 24, 2024

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
I'd say its probably only slightly more of a pain in the rear end. USA still gets a show I can't watch live because I don't have cable. I now get a show I can watch on Netflix instead of a show I can watch on my antenna, but I'd assume more people have Netflix than there are weirdos like me with an antenna. I guess the people with cable could watch local TV too so that's worse for people who pay for cable but not Netflix. PPV is still on Peacock. I don't watch NXT so maybe that's worse?

I think the bigger pain was the switch to Peacock. More people have a free subscription, but The Network had chapter stops for all the important segments in a PPV. Last time I checked Peacock you still made you fast forward through like its a VHS tape.

2Fetus2Tree
Jan 24, 2024
I guess I shouldn't bitch because I only got into wrestling because they put it on Peacock but I hear all the time about how much better the regular WWE Network was than the Peacock thing. I wish you could watch chronologically i.e. put on one episode of Smackdown and it'll go into the next ppv, followed by Raw... Instead of every summer slam and every mitb and every WrestleMania... Is this truly the best way to organize this?

I imagine Netflix will have the ppvs and such after the deal
With Peacock comes to an end. At least Hulu had new Raw and Smackdown and NXT... Now it's Raw on Netflix Smackdown on Hulu and PPVs on Peacock? They shouldn't be making UNAUTHORIZED DUPLICATION this much easier

Edit also, yo, NXT is good poo poo these days. Usually better than the main roster poo poo

2Fetus2Tree fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 25, 2024

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

WSJ has a new Vince expose and it's absolutely hosed. So warning if you're curious.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Gavok posted:

WSJ has a new Vince expose and it's absolutely hosed. So warning if you're curious.

Yeah didn't look great for Lesnar either

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Wow..Vince is looking rough. I still remember him as Mr McMahon Vince…he looks even more like a carny mastermind now.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Gavok posted:

That's a doozy lovely thing alright.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Vince poo poo on her head during a threesome.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Bonzo posted:

Vince poo poo on her head during a threesome.

I don’t have to suspend disbelief here.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
…including dildos he named after WWE wrestlers

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

:stare:

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Huh, something tells me this Vince McMahon fella might be a real sick puppy.

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

poop brother hh

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
spoilering an image of one of the texts for content, apparently brock lesnar is the redacted name:

most haunting use of the 🤣 emoji i've ever seen

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Unbelievable

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

if stephenie mcmahon still worked at wwe she'd compare this to 9/11

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
That Netflix Vince McMahon documentary is going to need ANOTHER re-write.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

After reading that article, the first quote I immediately thought of was Jake The Snake in Beyond the Matt. About how normal sex just gets boring and you get kinkier and kinkier.

I think ol' Vince may have a cuck fetish.