Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
i dislike the iof as much as the next person, but i feel bad for that dude. in the video it looks like he is wounded and fighting off shock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
I think of this Louis CK bit often:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLGzFQg_1xc&t=100s

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

MMD3 posted:

I think of this Louis CK bit often:

now there's a sentence I've not heard in a long time

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Fumble posted:

i dislike the iof as much as the next person, but i feel bad for that dude. in the video it looks like he is wounded and fighting off shock.

it's pitiful and he has no business being at the front at all, none of them do

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
the idf have failed to kill a single ranking member of hamas, hamas has failed to kill a single idf private.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

boo boo bear posted:

the idf have failed to kill a single ranking member of hamas, hamas has failed to kill a single idf private.

well yeah, there was only one baby confirmed to have died on 10/7

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
of course it tugs at your heart strings to see a teenage boy cowering under a blanket, thrust into a war of settler aggression that cut his life short, meaninglessly. but ultimately he was also a victim of israel

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Fumble posted:

I know I don't have a leg to stand on, but the circumstances in which he was wounded diminish the valour somewhat.

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

Do you condemn the Houthis and 7 Oct while commending the music festival rave of peace and love?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Fascism doesn't give a gently caress about the soldiers it sends off to die, it just likes the abstract concept of heroic sacrifice. Just look up how Hitler spoke of the Germans in the last days of the bunker. He considered them losers who had failed his ambition.

of course you shouldn't jack off in front of women, of course, but maybe you really need to cum

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Fumble posted:

there are a bunch of brave people in israel, some of them pretty young kids who are refusing to participate in the genocide.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
https://twitter.com/QudsNen/status/1749128323601432971

Dr_0ctag0n has issued a correction as of 03:02 on Jan 24, 2024

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Isreal is also front and centre of the development of "post-heroism".

See, the logic of the ZIonist state is that every Jewish life is precious. Therefore, soldiers dying for the cause is always a pity and a sorrow. Extracting their sperm is an attempt to recover this loss, but ideally, no Israeli soldier would die, ever.

The downstream consequence of this is that the Israeli street, in 1973 and after, considered killed soldiers failures and losers, who hurt the nation. Victory comes through birth rates and killing Arabs, not dying for anything.

Their reliance on technology and never getting out of the APC is tied into all of this, obviously.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

fizziester posted:

Do you condemn the Houthis and 7 Oct while commending the music festival rave of peace and love?

Look, we all hate Israel here, so there's nothing really to discuss.

Now, let's spend dozens of pages arguing about how antisemitic the enemies of Israel definitely are, and how brutish and animalistic the Palestinians who resist Israel are, and how much sympathy we should have for the poor innocent Israelis who died on October 7th.

Also, if I can't argue with your logic I am going to unironically pull a calm Hitler on my strawman of you once you're safely withdrawn from the debate. This is the sign of a strong argument free of motivated logic.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

just piling up the red barrels huh

will stancil
Dec 12, 2023

Frosted Flake posted:

Isreal is also front and centre of the development of "post-heroism".

See, the logic of the ZIonist state is that every Jewish life is precious. Therefore, soldiers dying for the cause is always a pity and a sorrow. Extracting their sperm is an attempt to recover this loss, but ideally, no Israeli soldier would die, ever.

The downstream consequence of this is that the Israeli street, in 1973 and after, considered killed soldiers failures and losers, who hurt the nation. Victory comes through birth rates and killing Arabs, not dying for anything.

Their reliance on technology and never getting out of the APC is tied into all of this, obviously.

tell more more on your feelings toward 'the Jews'

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

genericnick posted:

"We don't train for defensive war" :hmmyes:
Edit: lmao

I thought Zionists hated the Yiddish language because it’s a vulgar secular street language with too many goyish influences, as opposed to Hebrew, the language of the Jews' distsnt mighty ancestors.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Al! posted:

of course it tugs at your heart strings to see a teenage boy cowering under a blanket, thrust into a war of settler aggression that cut his life short, meaninglessly. but ultimately he was also a victim of israel

I feel this deep in my bones. I know that any member of my Israeli family could easily have been that poor kid.

The way I square that circle is not to hate the individual soldiers but rather the system that drives them. I know that's not how a lot of people feel and I understand that perspective.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Fumble posted:

gently caress him, he can go back to Philly whenever he wants

All the IDF can do at this point, or since the late 60s is murder civilians with impunity, the sheer arrogance of thinking their lame rear end army can handle urban combat against people fighting for their lives is mindblowing

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

HazCat posted:

Look, we all hate Israel here, so there's nothing really to discuss.

Now, let's spend dozens of pages arguing about how antisemitic the enemies of Israel definitely are, and how brutish and animalistic the Palestinians who resist Israel are, and how much sympathy we should have for the poor innocent Israelis who died on October 7th.

Also, if I can't argue with your logic I am going to unironically pull a calm Hitler on my strawman of you once you're safely withdrawn from the debate. This is the sign of a strong argument free of motivated logic.

will stancil posted:

tell more more on your feelings toward 'the Jews'

It's a tragedy Israel has conflated their insane ideology with that of the Jewish people.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 03:16 on Jan 24, 2024

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

that's one juicy RPG target

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Are yall talking about blanket guy cuz they said:
https://twitter.com/AryJeay/status/1749839053157986618?s=19

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

a major something for sure

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Like would people feel bad for Kyle Rittenhouse if he had gotten cornered by armed people and was scared lol

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

facebook lol that means hamas prolly just need to read his timeline to find the stash. these guys really are a clown army

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
those people living next to Gaza were peace activists who, I dunno, must’ve been sending thoughts and prayers. oh and rave based vibes.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 16 days!)

Al! posted:

it's pitiful and he has no business being at the front at all, none of them do

A three billion dollar army, and no one can be bothered to train someone how to secure a room.

Oh, my mistake. It’s a 23 billion dollar army.

EDIT - blanket guy is 27?! Amy Winehouse was a better soldier at 27. He made Radar O’Reilly look like Genghis Khan. Gene Wilder in “Producers” looked tougher with a blanket. Pound for pound, dollar for dollar the worst military force in the history of the world

Jai Guru Dave has issued a correction as of 03:36 on Jan 24, 2024

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/ydsTrey/status/1749843120005464441
"How dare you evoke the Holocaust and use other genocides to describe this one."

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

so these guys firing at the walls randomly are paratroopers? I know that doesn't mean much in the idf, but I'd still expect they aren't reservists then.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Fumble posted:

This is the fate he wanted and God gave it to him.

e: that was glib. But honestly. If he truly didn't want to be there, he wouldn't be. He chose his stupid fascist beliefs over what was right. Too bad.

Strep Vote has issued a correction as of 03:40 on Jan 24, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1749919066939433413

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

hadji murad posted:

those people living next to Gaza were peace activists who, I dunno, must’ve been sending thoughts and prayers. oh and rave based vibes.

PLUR: Palestinian Lands Ultimately ouRs

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Nanomashoes posted:

"How dare you evoke the Holocaust and use other genocides to describe this one."

Holy poo poo. Psalms 8:2 lol

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Nanomashoes posted:

I mean I know that kid is 13 but holy crap

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

israel is not beating those soy nazi allegations

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

carcinofuck posted:

I mean I know that kid is 13 but holy crap

people just laughing at her lmao

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

so he has been in the hospital for a month?

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

bedpan posted:

so he has been in the hospital for a month?

nah it was a few days

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Bastard Tetris posted:

nah it was a few days

thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

tbf the actual highest idf rank is "somebody's nephew"