Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Fondue the cat has a long way to go, but she's done a lot of progress in less than a week!

A couple days ago she made it onto the sofa for the first time

Later, she returned with the aid of a trail of treats and even let Vilma stay around without returning to the safety of the sauna

Some time later still they were seen together on the sauna floor! This hasn't happened again but I was very happy to see it!

Poor girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
That poor sweet baby has clearly never been fed and needs to be given all the treats whenever she wants them :ohdear:.

Also that is like the second-most saddest-looking cat I've ever seen (The first is Butterscotch)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Hempuli posted:

Fondue the cat has a long way to go, but she's done a lot of progress in less than a week!

Later, she returned with the aid of a trail of treats and even let Vilma stay around without returning to the safety of the sauna

Some time later still they were seen together on the sauna floor! This hasn't happened again but I was very happy to see it!

Poor girl

omg :3:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

BABY.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

put my heart on a little two-pronged fork and dip it in hot cheese because I love Fondue

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I am making very strange noises now because FONDUE

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/jf2Hhe1.mp4

mystes
May 31, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

I am making very strange noises now because FONDUE
maybe FONDONT

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Fondue looks so mournful. Poor baby.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

That is obviously its natural habitat.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Sound on.
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r54i3aPO2X1vuhdr3.mp4

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

PurpleXVI posted:

Fondue looks so mournful. Poor baby.

Post your most mournful kitties!

This is my neighbor's daughter's foundling, beankitten Sid.

She was found at 2-days old by her father out on a construction site taking a smoke break. He only didn't step on her because a carpenter spotted her before he took another step backwards. His daughter bottle-nursed her and raised her.

Sid is now a Very Concerned chonkette who gets all some of the pets & treats.

PainterofCrap has a new favorite as of 00:00 on Jan 23, 2024

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Someone replace the battery on this thing.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Vicious animal, a real killer

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/GatorsDaily/status/1749534824694513678?s=20

mystes
May 31, 2006

hypothetically could you boot their snoots when they do that?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

mystes posted:

That would be cruel. Could probably take advantage of a rare opportunity to boop them tho.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Hempuli posted:

Poor girl

Why is that cat so sad??? What are you doing to it???

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

mystes posted:

You could probably tea bag them

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://packaged-media.redd.it/wasa...dc802793036#t=0

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Fondue is so brave and doing so well!!

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

You could probably tea bag them

Welp. That's my plans for the weekend sorted.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

PainterofCrap posted:

Post your most mournful kitties!

This is my neighbor's daughter's foundling, beankitten Sid.

She was found at 2-days old by her father out on a construction site taking a smoke break. He only didn't step on her because a carpenter spotted her before he took another step backwards. His daughter bottle-nursed her and raised her.

Sid is now a Very Concerned chonkette who gets all some of the pets & treats.

I remember when you posted about how the daughter was handling the care of such a tiny kitty - she was amazingly organized and methodical!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

She was!

I remember suggesting to her that she not name her for a week or two (because - I would not say to her - she was probably going to die - she was not in great shape). Never so glad to be wrong!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Rat selfies!

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/23/science/photography-rats-selfies.html?unlocked_article_code=1.P00.iAXJ.-LMRWpSxJL_z&smid=url-share

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
our four girls, in the holding tank while their cage was being cleaned on Sunday

grey is Callisto, white with dark eyes is Io, white with pink eyes is Europa, black and white is Ganymede

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

Almost a year since losing my Boston, Oscar. I appreciate this post.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

PainterofCrap posted:

She was!

I remember suggesting to her that she not name her for a week or two (because - I would not say to her - she was probably going to die - she was not in great shape). Never so glad to be wrong!

Tag yourself I'm

(pooped
peed)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I would pet all those rats.

Except Europa. I will attempt no cuddle there.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/2YoWAx4.mp4

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Enjoy some more pictures of Newton:

I had to leave him with my parents for a few days last week while I travelled for work. They don’t have a fenced in yard so I spent the previous week getting him up to speed on leash walking (his outside times were previously all in my back yard). He must have had some previous trauma with the leash because for a while he would just blue screen when you put it on him. Just utterly stop and refuse to move. His favorite thing in the world to do was to go out in the back yard, and if the leash was hanging off his collar, he’d just stare out the door longingly like the other end of the leash was attached to an anchor even if you weren’t holding it. I was able to get him used to it by starting with a tiny one for chihuahuas, then the bigger one, then his harness, doing short walks at first, always ending with funtimes off leash in the backyard. By the time I had to drop him off with my folks he was really good. In the time he spent there he really got to love his longer leash walks (they live in a not-so-busy area so he probably enjoyed those walks more than the suburban sidewalk where I live).

He barely pulls at all…any high school physics teacher will tell you that one Newton is not a lot of force.

:dadjoke:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Wondering if the only time he was leashed was to go to the vet's or the shelter :smith:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PainterofCrap posted:

Wondering if the only time he was leashed was to go to the vet's or the shelter :smith:

Could also have been leashed to a post in a yard?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

A common fate for abandoned dogs yeah.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

PainterofCrap posted:

Luckily he got over it quickly but I think it’s this. Same reason he hates cars. He loves other dogs so I will be setting up some play dates for him so he can learn that car rides and new places are cool and good.

mystes
May 31, 2006

mystes posted:

I just saw a video on reddit where someone actually does it
https://packaged-media.redd.it/o3j6...3764c45f8dc#t=0
(at 0:22)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I hope it doesn't disturb them in any way. :ohdear:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Tell Newton I love him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

mystes posted:

I just saw a video on reddit where someone actually does it
https://packaged-media.redd.it/o3j6...3764c45f8dc#t=0
(at 0:22)

You know, it makes sense that they aren't in a fully frozen block but i didnt expect it

Kwyndig posted:

I hope it doesn't disturb them in any way. :ohdear:

They wake up in a few months time with a really itchy nose