Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
stock buybacks are considered corporate investment, a part of GDP
other things that impact GDP:
- buying houses and renting them out (investment, growth of investment, consumption)
- inflation, which is a raw dollar amount of consumption, which is increased by buying said houses
- inflation is also increased by the fed dumping money into banks. when banks have more CoH, they buy poo poo like houses and companies and develop monopolies.
- your money now "does less" vs these inflated prices, so you are forced to take on debt
- that debt is also considered spending

so basically the more the working class gets screwed, the better GDP can look until consumers literally break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
reminder that GDP went up during the 70s, which until now was the biggest period of inflation in recent memory and considered to be a terrible decade for working people

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

DesertIslandHermit posted:

It is so funny this is happening all at once. Just airplane manufacturing companies all getting together and saying 'We spend too much on this. We haven't had a crash in years. We'll be fine."

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/948195478428102657

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

I wonder what kind of contracting eBay does that they need to make substantial cuts to their "alternate workforce."

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Vox Nihili posted:

Have some wretched gig worker social media propaganda

what does his car smell like

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Paradoxish posted:

I wonder what kind of contracting eBay does that they need to make substantial cuts to their "alternate workforce."

content moderation, it, and engineers for stuff that isn't super stable

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Mola Yam posted:

what does his car smell like

your mom

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
that explains his success; my mother smells lovely

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

9% layoff at ebay

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

A Boeing share is still over $200. I can't gamble at these prices!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I hope this bitch gets fired.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

net work error posted:

A Boeing share is still over $200. I can't gamble at these prices!

quote:

Alaska Airlines CEO Ben Minicucci revealed the carrier found “some loose bolts on many” Boeing 737 Max 9s in an interview for “NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt” on Tuesday.

It was the CEO’s first interview since a door plug on one of its Max 9 airplanes shot out from the side of the fuselage only a few minutes into a flight from Portland, Oregon, to Ontario, California, forcing the pilot to make an emergency landing.

“I’m more than frustrated and disappointed. I am angry. This happened to Alaska Airlines. It happened to our guests and happened to our people,” Minicucci said, according to excerpts released ahead of the interview’s airing.

“Boeing is better than this. Flight 1282 should never have happened,” Minicucci said during the interview.

Boeing’s 737 factory will have what the company calls a “quality stand down” at its Renton, Washington facility Thursday, the company announced Tuesday.

“During the session, production, delivery and support teams will pause for a day so employees can take part in working sessions focused on quality. This is part of the immediate quality actions recently shared by Boeing Commercial Airplanes CEO Stan Deal,

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

is it shrinkflation when tv shows get shorter to accommodate more ad time?

my 90-minute :filez: run for 55 minutes and the 60-minute shows run for 41 minutes. I could swear it was more 60m/45m as of a couple years ago.

how close are we to 1-1 ratios of show vs. ads? I give it 3-5 years.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

anime was right posted:

reminder that GDP went up during the 70s, which until now was the biggest period of inflation in recent memory and considered to be a terrible decade for working people

lol do you know anyone who was alive in the seventies

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Willa Rogers posted:

is it shrinkflation when tv shows get shorter to accommodate more ad time?

my 90-minute :filez: run for 55 minutes and the 60-minute shows run for 41 minutes. I could swear it was more 60m/45m as of a couple years ago.

i dunno i havent watched network tv in years but i remember in the mid-late 2000s (when i last used it), most network tv shows being like like maybe 40-45 min show 15-20 m commercial. cable slightly better, like maybe 45-50

Apr 7, 2003

I just took a job at a startup in August. Whoops! *crowd laughs* Haha!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

back when I was a teenager in 00 SNL started pushing more and more commercials into the shows second half that by the last 15 minutes you watched 6 min of commercials on either side of a single skit

Apr 7, 2003

i am harry posted:

back when I was a teenager in 00

lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

wtf does a healthcare start up even do

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

dumbass

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

fits my needs posted:

Find a way to become a middleman and get a slice of the action.

Apr 7, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud has issued a correction as of 15:32 on Jan 24, 2024

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

fits my needs posted:

Be a middleman and dip their cup in the vast corrupt river of healthcare cashflow.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

goongrats on the impending funemployment

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
wtf is this poo poo? walgreens boots alliance? the gently caress

quote:

Samsung Health Taps b.well Connected Health To Make Personalized Healthcare A Reality

Integration unveiled at HLTH 2023 aims to give millions of Samsung Health users control of their longitudinal health record plus proactive insights and easy-to-access care from a growing network of providers, including Walgreens, ThedaCare, Lee Health and Rise Health

Apr 7, 2003

Xaris posted:

goongrats on the impending funemployment

I already have an offer from Humana if my current job blows up

Make friends instead of making qualifications

Apr 7, 2003

fits my needs posted:

wtf is this poo poo? walgreens boots alliance? the gently caress

lol this guy is figuring out what US healthcare is and how it works

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

They will absolutely get bailed out before anything happens

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lol this guy is figuring out what US healthcare is and how it works

lmao kaiser already has had electronic medical records for years. reinventing the wheel in the greater municipal area of pittsburgh.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

fits my needs posted:

lmao kaiser already has had electronic medical records for years. reinventing the wheel in the greater municipal area of pittsburgh.

MyCharts/epic has been around for like 40 years at this point

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

MyCharts/epic has been around for like 40 years at this point

lol hell yeah

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

triple sulk posted:

9% layoff at ebay

tech leaking like a faucet

err has issued a correction as of 04:46 on Jan 24, 2024

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

No one changes legacy systems unless you are free

Not cheaper but free
And hell, probably actively lobbying hospitals

The money behind that has to be astronomical for it to even stand a chance and it will be bleeding it for decades

So get paid PFC

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
i wish all goons a very successful career and a 95% tax rate

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

fits my needs posted:

but what if electronic medical records... on the blockchain

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Mandoric posted:

but what if electronic medical records... on the blockchain

include ai and I’m in

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a dozen rate hikes and we're still back at free-money levels last seen in 2021 before a single rate hike happened

fed reserve policy error seems almost inevitable at this point. they'll start cutting rates because the Vibecession is Great, things will start going haywire, they'll panic hike, and the economy explodes as we experience a brutal second wave of inflation

I don't expect a single one of you to believe me. after all, 2022 was a blip. stonk does not go down. stonk always goes up. nothing bad can ever happen. go full port in NVDA right the gently caress now.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Vox Nihili posted:

Have some wretched gig worker social media propaganda

my reaction was that it's not exactly uncommon for migrants to send their dollars back to their home country, where it would yield much higher returns, and use it to build themselves a cushion to come back home with

I guess what's surprising is that the disparity in relative value (? am I using the right words for this) is so large that what this guy made out of driving for Uber was enough to buy multiple properties in Eastern Europe

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

we had a whole full year (2022) of the stonk market (rich people's feelings) going down like 8% total and everyone was so loving catastrophized by it that they piled into the investment opportunity of a lifetime, literally ripping out their eyeballs and veins so they could buy as much NVDA as humanly possible because Stonk. Does. Not. Go. Down.

all of these moronic slop hoggs are gonna chortle wetly at you and tell you "why would you doubt stonk?" as they put 99.9% leverage into AI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

gradenko_2000 posted:

my reaction was that it's not exactly uncommon for migrants to send their dollars back to their home country, where it would yield much higher returns, and use it to build themselves a cushion to come back home with

this is what my uncle was doing in the 90's and 00's when he was a trucker, turns out the cash he was sending back to jamaica wasnt used to build a home and our relatives were just spending the cash