Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The Demilich posted:

So I was talking to my sibling who procured my psilocybin chocolate bars to see if their bars were having any effects on them. They said they had a wonderful trip with only a few pieces. I looked up the producer (Polkadot) and apparently each bar is 4g of mushrooms.

Since I'm not on any meds whatsoever I'm a bit confused and my only working theories are I either got a bad batch or something else is occurring biologically. I was thinking about my family biology and asked one of my blooded siblings about their experiences with psilocybin (if any) and they also said their two attempted trips were ineffective. They chalked it up to possibly being weak doses, unfortunately after two attempts they kind of didn't bother trying again.

I've still got another week and some change to go to complete a clean month before I can make another attempt, and I've decided I'm just going to dive in and eat my remaining bar and a half (6g total). If that fails as well then I'm just going to grow my own for a few final attempts. Should that fail then... oh well, I'll try again in a handful of years I guess.

Now this is a battle that can be won. Come at it with an empty stomach and you'll trip; that's a relatively large dose if it's really 6g.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

The Demilich posted:

So I was talking to my sibling who procured my psilocybin chocolate bars to see if their bars were having any effects on them. They said they had a wonderful trip with only a few pieces. I looked up the producer (Polkadot) and apparently each bar is 4g of mushrooms.

Since I'm not on any meds whatsoever I'm a bit confused and my only working theories are I either got a bad batch or something else is occurring biologically. I was thinking about my family biology and asked one of my blooded siblings about their experiences with psilocybin (if any) and they also said their two attempted trips were ineffective. They chalked it up to possibly being weak doses, unfortunately after two attempts they kind of didn't bother trying again.

I've still got another week and some change to go to complete a clean month before I can make another attempt, and I've decided I'm just going to dive in and eat my remaining bar and a half (6g total). If that fails as well then I'm just going to grow my own for a few final attempts. Should that fail then... oh well, I'll try again in a handful of years I guess.

is it acceptable to post about how to grow mushrooms in cspam because i have some suggestions to smooth out your upcoming efforts but i dont have ten dollars to rereg (i've spent it all on kava)

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

If anyone wants a pull from my Lo Scarabeo UFO tarot, ask. You decide how many cards/spread.

Here's an example:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I don't know quite what that means but I am game for two.
I like my fortune concise

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The Demilich posted:

Please note: The Well is a custom tarot card
Astrological correspondence: Gaia
"The Well is the birthplace of ideas, inspiration, and transformation. All things are birthed from this Creatrix, and knowledge flows freely to those who seek it."
Upright: Nurturing, opportunity, nature, creativity
Reversed: Destruction, endings, cold, stagnant

Could I get a follow-up on the things that were communicated by this reading, possibly, please? :shobon: three-card to maintain form.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I don't know quite what that means but I am game for two.
I like my fortune concise

Knight of Swords, Queen of Swords reversed

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Hit me

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The Demilich posted:

If anyone wants a pull from my Lo Scarabeo UFO tarot, ask. You decide how many cards/spread.

Here's an example:

I would like a three card draw about my job situation in general, no specific questions.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Could I get a follow-up on the things that were communicated by this reading, possibly, please? :shobon: three-card to maintain form.

I know I said I was doing UFO pulls, but would you like the UFO deck, or the art nouveau deck that has the extra cards for the expanded reading?

It's right next to me so it's no biggie if I need to pull those out.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The Demilich posted:

I know I said I was doing UFO pulls, but would you like the UFO deck, or the art nouveau deck that has the extra cards for the expanded reading?

It's right next to me so it's no biggie if I need to pull those out.

Ooh thank you my friend. I would love the other deck please :)

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

7 of Swords reversed, 6 of Swords, 8 of Swords

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Love those Grey bastarfs

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

The Demilich posted:

lol the art on this deck is rad. dude on the left rocks

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I would like a three card draw about my job situation in general, no specific questions.

Strength reversed, Ace of Wands reversed, the High Priestess

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You got it

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Thank you :)

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

The Demilich posted:

7 of Swords reversed, 6 of Swords, 8 of Swords

These cards... I love these cards! The art, I mean. I can't interpret them. I've sent them to a friend who is starting her tarot journey though, she'll be excited to practice. Thank you!

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

The Demilich posted:

It's not tough to read, just tough to experience; especially since relationship stuff was talked about.

In any case you're preaching to the choir. It's just another notch in a long string of personal disappointments.

I feel you, bud. Live long enough and we all get crapped on like this at some point or another. Hang in there. Life can be pretty tough.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Seriously a surprising amount of Swords tonight
I promise I know how to shuffle lol (my minimum is 7 shuffles, I often go over).

antidote posted:

I feel you, bud. Live long enough and we all get crapped on like this at some point or another. Hang in there. Life can be pretty tough.

Yeah I'm probably past my half life tbh, I just wish it would get easier. This last decade has been awful.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The Demilich posted:

Strength reversed, Ace of Wands reversed, the High Priestess

yeah, seems about right. Thanks!

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

antidote posted:

This might be tough to read, but this person is not remotely interested in you. They may be using you to make themselves feel better or entertained when other things are not working out.

Do yourself a favor and don't try to meet up, or keep messaging. It's not going to happen, I guarantee you. Just don't want you to torture yourself.

people are strange, demilich you need to have a phone call>voicemail>text with this person being real blunt and getting everybody to clarify what they think is going on. everybody's autistic now, don't try for reading any subtle cues, don't ever expect another person to make the first move. being embarrassed isn't real and we've only got a few years left so hold that boom-box up high

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Demilich posted:

this art absolutely owns, love little luke skywalker Radar there

and this feels generally right, or at least I can fit it in my mind to my current situation which is kinda between creative projects waiting for inspiration to come when I know I want to be making things and should just get going

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

a Voynich manuscript deck would be cool

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

euphronius posted:

a Voynich manuscript deck would be cool

How on earth would you know which cards you drew, you'd have to count all the little cups in the picture every time

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The Demilich posted:

Seriously a surprising amount of Swords tonight
I promise I know how to shuffle lol (my minimum is 7 shuffles, I often go over).

I fully believe those were thorough shuffles and guided pulls. Swords are intellect, mental attitude, belief, and I think Soldier and Perry and I all count among thread regulars who have convictions about the shape of the upcoming year.

PMJ since you said you can't read tarot, my impression of your reading was that you have been deceived or been operating with false or incomplete information for a while but that will change (reversed 7). You're approaching a place where you will be able to reassess, reevaluate, and free yourself from the lingering beliefs which have been restricting you (6 and 8).

Thank you again Demilich :)

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Thanks LAB. Lot of cards in my life recently.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Bill Gates and HARPA are using cold rain and dangerous snows to do mDNA experiments with no oversights and interruptions.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

blatman posted:

is it acceptable to post about how to grow mushrooms in cspam because i have some suggestions to smooth out your upcoming efforts but i dont have ten dollars to rereg (i've spent it all on kava)

I would think it's fine tbh
The techniques for magic mushrooms can be used for other types as well after all.

Gotta get my porcini and lionshead game on point after all.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Scrolling through Hulu, I found the new nightline UFO thing. When I saw "extraterrestrial highway" in the description, I thought, "Roswell, then maybe the 2017 videos, Grusch, then a detractor, close with Neil DeGrasse Tyson." They went Roswell, then alien abduction, then I saw NDG in the opening credits as I was closing it

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Inspector Hound posted:

Scrolling through Hulu, I found the new nightline UFO thing. When I saw "extraterrestrial highway" in the description, I thought, "Roswell, then maybe the 2017 videos, Grusch, then a detractor, close with Neil DeGrasse Tyson." They went Roswell, then alien abduction, then I saw NDG in the opening credits as I was closing it

I watched it, it seems it's going to be a series, but only episode 1 was up so far.
It was :mediocre:
the NDG stuff was what you would expect.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Lpzie posted:

Bill Gates and HARPA are using cold rain and dangerous snows to do mDNA experiments with no oversights and interruptions.

HAARP*

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

The Demilich posted:

I would think it's fine tbh
The techniques for magic mushrooms can be used for other types as well after all.

Gotta get my porcini and lionshead game on point after all.

look up uncle bens tek for minimum effort / startup costs, maximum gains

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i prefer the nomenclature Bearded Hedgehog.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

blatman posted:

look up uncle bens tek for minimum effort / startup costs, maximum gains

Yeah I'm subbed there.
FYI for anyone else, 90 Second Mycology got nuked on YouTube

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

it bothers me drug people always say "tek" when they're just making fungal culture/organic chemistry protocols/syntheses

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/MvonRen/status/1750229246747013172

everybody say it loud 👏 gently caress 👏 coverup 👏 sean

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

we have angered the mantle jellies

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1749948948054233595

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

she gave us up and shell take us back

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's interesting about Hicks being the one who potentially fired SK. He's a disinfo player for sure but I assumed she was following him around recently to make sure he stuck to the script. Or maybe it's both? Maybe she's ensuring he sticks to the script while secretly working in the background to get a noncompliant AARO head on the roster to advance disclosure.

One of these days we'll find out all about the factions in the MC with different agendas and that will be fascinating and probably also enraging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/HighPeaks77/status/1750263825520103734