Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Acheron doesn’t really appeal to me ngl because she just looks like a Seele long-hair skin. I’m hoping her personality pops out in-game to distinguish them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

If the leaks are accurate she has a pretty sweet color/outfit change as part of her kit.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I will be passing on Archeron because I don’t need another lightning Nihility lady, but I think I will need to pick up more lightning at some point in the future. Jing Yuan just doesn’t feel great for me.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I made a joke in discord about never not calling Acheron Archeron and I'm glad everyone else is also following the plan

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Acheron looks cool as gently caress. Her leaked kit looks wonky as gently caress so I'm hard in the fence until we have an official release. Also, I have Jing Yuan and Kafka. I don't really need more lightning.

Dazerbeams posted:

I will be passing on Archeron because I don’t need another lightning Nihility lady, but I think I will need to pick up more lightning at some point in the future. Jing Yuan just doesn’t feel great for me.

Do you have his lc? I don't, but I'm hoping to pick it up in his rerun. I'm not even sure if I'll even use him often over Quinque or Argenti, but Quinque and Herta will be happy to use it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I like katanas.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Garrand posted:

I made a joke in discord about never not calling Acheron Archeron and I'm glad everyone else is also following the plan

This is bad as the people who unironically say Adventurine

e: or Rouge for the Rogue class in other games

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Bad Video Games posted:

Do you have his lc? I don't, but I'm hoping to pick it up in his rerun. I'm not even sure if I'll even use him often over Quinque or Argenti, but Quinque and Herta will be happy to use it.

I don’t and I’m not going to roll on a LC banner anytime soon.

Edit: I had no idea I was adding an extra r, whoops.

Dazerbeams fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 24, 2024

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Dazerbeams posted:

She is nihility for story reasons. Her kit is closer to Dr. Ratio's than Kafka's. Or Serval's for that matter.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Bad Video Games posted:

Yeah, that sucks. Did you at least get a decent cone? I ended up with Bailu's.

Duplicate of the BiS Tank one :eng99:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Eej posted:

25% chance to roll crit substat on a chest that has a 20% chance to roll a crit mainstat means that 5% of all chest drops will have double crit stats. That means for every 20 chest pieces that drop, one of them starts as good enough to start rolling upgrades.

I think the real crushing thing is getting the good substat(s) and then getting upgrades in it.

Like the 5% you mention will probably happen if you throw all your resin at a domain for a few weeks. But there's a decent chance the other substats will be trash and get all the upgrades.

In Genshin (and to a lesser extent in this, just coincidentally), my best pieces are often ones that started bad and lucked into all upgrades going into something good.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Clarste posted:

I like katanas.

I do like that she apparently just bludgeons people with the sheath. That’s the goofy energy weapons need.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ytlaya posted:

I think the real crushing thing is getting the good substat(s) and then getting upgrades in it.

This is why DoT team is great. You only need attack% and effect hit, and those are two of the most common substats. :v:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

This is why DoT team is great. You only need attack% and effect hit, and those are two of the most common substats. :v:

I've still had a hard time getting upgrades into those substats. They'll often go into something like Break Effect or the dreaded "flat DEF."

I'm pretty sure flat DEF makes up approximately 40% of "4th stats rolled onto promising gear I get to level 3."

Edit: I think the issue is that more "standard" DPS can use a mix of damage stats, while for DoT users the crit stats are almost useless.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

On the topic of substats. I finally got Luocha out of Cowboy stuff and now he has 66% effect res, in addition to the 70% resistance to CC from his major trace. First time I haven’t had to scrape the barrel to get over 30 for Keel and it basically rained the drat stat on me.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I'm just happy with the proper main stat and the substats not being something like flat ATK/flat DEF/flat HP. I have never gone beyond MoC 9 either.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Bussamove posted:

I do like that she apparently just bludgeons people with the sheath. That’s the goofy energy weapons need.

I wouldn't say it's goofy exactly, it's a pretty common anime trope. Like, "you're not worthy of drawing my sword for."

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Dazerbeams posted:

I don’t and I’m not going to roll on a LC banner anytime soon.

Edit: I had no idea I was adding an extra r, whoops.

To each their own. I have Argenti’s cone and Ratio's, and the power spike for both is phenomenal. Like I said, I may not use Jing often, but his cone is great for Quinque and Herta. And I do use those 2 often.

Speaking of Quinque, I managed to 3 star MoC 11 on both MoCs. Progress! And both are thanks to my tried and true Quinque/SW/Pela team. I also got MoC 12 from the previous round down to 16 cycles, up from 20. And Fu Xuan managed to solo sustain, but just barely. The funny part is that team has the least upgrades compared to others. QQ is broken.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's either a Kenshin style "I won't draw my edge against anyone" or the edgier "I will only draw my sword in times of desperate need"

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Sounds pretty goofy to me but then again I don't know much about deep katana lore.

E: definitely saving for her

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Having a laugh riot with Dr. Ratio, love dealing a combined 500,000 or so damage with every skill use in Simulated universe, and 60k or so against level-appropriate content. Him, Silver Wolf, Fu Xuan and either Topaz or Bronya depending on situation lets me ignore the entire design of Swarm Disaster as an AoE-friendly format and just solo-nuke things one by one.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Eej posted:

or the edgier "I will only draw my sword in times of desperate need"

This is not "edgy"....it is the ethos of an honorable warrior

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Clarste posted:

I wouldn't say it's goofy exactly, it's a pretty common anime trope. Like, "you're not worthy of drawing my sword for."

Yeah and that's goofy as poo poo.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

JT Jag posted:

Having a laugh riot with Dr. Ratio, love dealing a combined 500,000 or so damage with every skill use in Simulated universe, and 60k or so against level-appropriate content. Him, Silver Wolf, Fu Xuan and either Topaz or Bronya depending on situation lets me ignore the entire design of Swarm Disaster as an AoE-friendly format and just solo-nuke things one by one.

Mine is level 76, his skill and ult are at 6, and his talent at 8. I also have 3 side traces to unlock, and his lc is at level 60. He does damage equal to my level 80 Topaz, who has max traces and a level 80 light cone. This geek is strong.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh hey lost the 50/50 on the Kafka banner to Bronya. I finally have the crazy support unit! :v:

I know the joke is she's good with literally everyone, but she's quite good for Jing Yuan yeah? Helps him consistently cap out his follow-up stacks and just a general damage boost.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yes and no. Bronya helps him keep max stacks and gives him crit damage with her ult, but her skill doesn't boost his follow-ups directly. Still a good support for him, especially if you're lacking Tingyun.

His best supports are Tingyun and Topaz.

StoneyAssassin
Feb 19, 2003

A new Trash King to steal our crown?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu9msYUXIeU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh huh. I guess Bronya is more of a band-aid for if your Jing Yuan has bad speed I guess. Like mine. :v:

At any rate I won't say no to more great support options.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

If there's no giant trashcan mecha to pilot we riot

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Traveller posted:

If there's no giant trashcan mecha to pilot we riot

A trachcan, piloting a bigger trashcan, piloting an even bigger trashcan.

Tengen Toppa Garbage Lagann.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sampo boss fight when?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

What in the gently caress did I just watch :psyduck:

Penacony is going to loving rule, holy poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this game's comedy is good enough that having a planet's msq at least partially lean on it is a good call.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Excelzior posted:

the real shocker is if tomorow we get Aventurine drip and not Sam

then basically every leaker but ubatcha was wrong

welp

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Lol

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Captain France posted:

Also, Doctor Ratio sent me a text where he told me he designed a giant transforming mecha function for the Astral Express.

Himeko ++SSS gatcha version 2.0 down the line better have a robo-express do a knockout punch as her ultimate.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

boob window

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

oh my god

we're finally meeting our love interest

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Eimi posted:

I am expecting her to be this level of emo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyKOHk-tOd8

"Bury me with your hands. Take up my fury and lament my passing. Take my place and assume your power alone. Tell the world that she has returned as the Lightning Queen"

Man, I just rewatched this and am re-disappointed that this and Mei joining World Serpent basically amounted to her being grouchy a while and spending a few semesters at a different school, moral and relationship consequence wise. I'm choosing not to complain at length about HI3 in the Star Rail thread, but man, it really feels like they dropped the ball on Mei in a lot of ways.

DancingShade posted:

Himeko ++SSS gatcha version 2.0 down the line better have a robo-express do a knockout punch as her ultimate.

Pom-Pom and Himeko would never allow it. Now Welt, on the other hand . . .
Listen I don't buy the theory that Welt has his full HoR powers back and just isn't using them for some reason, I dislike that idea for a ton of reasons, but if it turned out to be true a ++SSS Gacha Version 2.0 Welt with an Express-Arahato Knockout Punch Ultimate would go a long way towards making up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

DancingShade posted:

This is clearly when the game is nearing the end of life and we finally can pull 6* Pom Pom who pilots the mech.