Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

mystes posted:

you wouldn't download a cart

They wouldn't download a shut the gently caress up, which is a pity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Runa posted:

you know what actually yeah

Everything about Don Corneo disturbs the hell out of me, the guy is a serial killer who preys on underprivileged girls he lures to his mansion, but because the tone of the original Wall Market was very goofy the remake, being faithful to the original, is also goofy and lighthearted around here. It always bothered me how the depths of his monstrosity aren't treated with the gravity I think would be appropriate, and people around him just try not to think too hard about what happens to the trafficked girls who don't come home.

There is literally an entire new plotline in Remake where you follow one of the people whose loved one was trafficked and it ends with it emphasizing very hard that Don Corneo might look goofy but he's a horrible ruthless killer.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

RandomBlue posted:

Watched a dev streaming it and it looked like the worst kind of stealth gameplay. Oops you stepped wrong, you instantly lose, restart from the last save.

Though TBH I don't like stealth games at all.

I like stealth games AND Stargate AND Slitherine crap and this still doesn't interest me unfortunately.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

There is literally an entire new plotline in Remake where you follow one of the people whose loved one was trafficked and it ends with it emphasizing very hard that Don Corneo might look goofy but he's a horrible ruthless killer.

True, you do get some time with someone directly impacted by the murders he commits. I just don't think comically dropping him off a statue is enough, especially since he canonically survived the fall in the original game. Who knows, maybe the remake continuity will actually kill him off.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Hey I hope we've moved on already but just to clarify, let's not have the AI is bad / Palworld is a ripoff discussion in here. It contaminates every drat thread.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

HopperUK posted:

Hey I hope we've moved on already but just to clarify, let's not have the AI is bad / Palworld is a ripoff discussion in here. It contaminates every drat thread.

Reads like something a copyright-stealing robot would write.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AI would definitely try and shut down any conversation about how bad AI is.

Seems suspect if you ask me.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Make a spinoff thread for all that then deploy Jeff's thread probe nuke

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

HopperUK posted:

AI is good.

Top 20 player of all time.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s too bad the games industry thread is still closed or we could talk about riot laying off 11% of its staff.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the only AI ppl should talk about in here is AI the Somnium Files/Nirvana Initiative

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

MarcusSA posted:

It’s too bad the games industry thread is still closed or we could talk about riot laying off 11% of its staff.

Talk about it in the games chat thread. The industry thread always goes to poo poo and is not coming back any time soon.

E: also I am not technically a robot

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm getting to the weird parts of harvestella and I want to thank whoever recommended it to me, this is not the game I was expecting at all

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

D.Fuzzbot posted:

How many folks here have actually played their copy of E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy?

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I finished Harvestella myself a couple of days ago and it was one heck of a weird universe-spanning ride with a basic farming sim laid gently on top. I kept seeing people saying things about how hard it goes and how intense and strange the plot gets, and I believed them, but nothing could really prepare me for actually experiencing this bonkers game for myself. I'm glad I played it! Even if it really needed a dodge function!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

D.Fuzzbot posted:

How many folks here have actually played their copy of E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Steam Thread: PYF E.Y.E. Achevements

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Commander Keene posted:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

The 7th Guest posted:

the only AI ppl should talk about in here is AI the Somnium Files/Nirvana Initiative

No, it's Al from Happy Days. Yep, yep, yep...

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Commander Keene posted:

ok

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I feel crazy after playing Palworld and seeing people gush over it. The game is kinda boring and tedious to play. I really don't get the response

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

a7m2 posted:

I feel crazy after playing Palworld and seeing people gush over it. The game is kinda boring and tedious to play. I really don't get the response

memes

human of smells
Aug 25, 2023
gamers downstream from minecraft are the new mmo player.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

a7m2 posted:

youre supposed to make pokemon do the tedious part for you

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

youre supposed to make pokemon do the tedious part for you

I can't make the pokemon play the entire game for me

Analog
Feb 2, 2001

a7m2 posted:

Have you ever played a survival game before? No? Well, you'll love this one!

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Analog posted:

Have you ever played a survival game before? No? Well, you'll love this one!

I've played and enjoyed plenty of survival games though

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

a7m2 posted:

Survival games can be really fun in a sort of relax and turn your brain off while crafting/gathering.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I played Pal World months ago, though it was called Chimeraland then.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/GenePark/status/1750035833531302204

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Palworld Questions:
- Do you unlock the ability to quickly assign pals to certain areas or are they always just gonna pick up whatever
- When do you get guns? Do guns feel better for combat then the melee?
- Can you have pals AI stop attacking other pals when they're weak and ready to capture or do I just have to call them back instantly?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

D.Fuzzbot posted:

Palworld Questions:
- Do you unlock the ability to quickly assign pals to certain areas or are they always just gonna pick up whatever
- Can you have pals AI stop attacking other pals when they're weak and ready to capture or do I just have to call them back instantly?

You'll probably find more detailed answers in the Palworld thread, but

- You can just throw a pal at a workstation and they should stick to it
- A bit later in the tech tree, first you get bows and crossbows for ranged, and yes ranged feels a lot better than melee
- I think the pal radial menu (4 on PC) has the option to stop attacking? I usually just de-summon them.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Commander Keene posted:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Picayune posted:

I finished Harvestella myself a couple of days ago and it was one heck of a weird universe-spanning ride with a basic farming sim laid gently on top. I kept seeing people saying things about how hard it goes and how intense and strange the plot gets, and I believed them, but nothing could really prepare me for actually experiencing this bonkers game for myself. I'm glad I played it! Even if it really needed a dodge function!

Yeah my main complaint about the game is that I wish it were just a little bit more fun to actually play. But the experience is compelling enough that I’m going to finish it before starting infinite wealth

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I know there probably wasn't that much money there, but I really wish Streum Om did E.Y.E. 2. It was way more interesting than their 40K games.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I’ve had access to building guns for a pretty long while now, but I don’t because ammo is still prohibitively expensive [in Palworld]

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

D.Fuzzbot posted:

Palworld Questions:

What do you think? Use any ranged weapon for christ sakes why are you waiting for guns.

Yeah press 4 to set behaviour. Also start reading the loving prompts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It's better to not answer the question than to be that much of an rear end in a top hat about it.