Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Captain Nog show when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Der Kyhe posted:

Because she was an actress trying to have some career continuity by signing into other show when DS9 was winding down, and doing so without getting approval from the god king of Star Trek, Rick Berman.

no, it's because she did try getting approval from him and he had a big hissy fit.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Captain Nog show when?

aron eisenberg is dead.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Kai Winn being confused why she would give up her office after talking about how ambition made her a worse person is some god tier awful person writing. Peggy Hill levels even.

naem
May 29, 2011

TheKingslayer posted:

Kai Winn being confused why she would give up her office after talking about how ambition made her a worse person is some god tier awful person writing. Peggy Hill levels even.

like Peggy Hill it’s actually very good writing of a character that has flaws they are unaware of

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

naem posted:

like Peggy Hill it’s actually very good writing of a character that has flaws they are unaware of

Yeah that's what I mean, they wrote a god tier awful person.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Some say Cirroc is still growing to this day…

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

TheKingslayer posted:

Yeah she is so good at re-incorporating all criticisms back into herself eh, you can see the cogs whirring in her brain as it happens

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

very based

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

For another data point that Species 8472's aggression was a misunderstanding there's a follow up episode where Voyager stumbles on a simulation of Starfleet academy that is populated by transformed 8472s. Stuff happens then Chakotay smooches one because they thought humans were out to get them but it's all good now.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

MikeJF posted:

Yeah, and the class was named after his actor, the Eisenberg Class.

Not the worst imho despite the weird hover nacelles

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

a real rude dude posted:

they're bluetooth

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

aron eisenberg is dead.

gently caress :smith:

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

a real rude dude posted:

Love 2 lose a third of Engineering whenever our ship is hit by a powerful weapon/weird alien science and the nacelles drift off in random directions at full impulse

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

aron eisenberg is dead.

I did not know this; it's definitely gonna make watching future episodes with him hit differently.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

ChickenHeart posted:

Love 2 lose a third of Engineering whenever our ship is hit by a powerful weapon/weird alien science and the nacelles drift off in random directions at full impulse

I'd like to think they're entirely unmanned, and wouldn't each one has its own separate warp core anyway? So if it's going to breech you can just have it fly off in a safe direction?

But then you'd still need a fourth warp core for the main hull for power, right? Hmm...

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Discovery is stupid and makes no sense.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
It appears that the silly lil' cartoon show is more worth your time than STD or Picard but people say the last Picard season is OK so I dunno still not watching it though

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Today I'm thinkin' about

Fluidic space

Space goop universe. Goopiverse.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Monkey Fracas posted:

It appears that the silly lil' cartoon show is more worth your time than STD or Picard but people say the last Picard season is OK so I dunno still not watching it though

The last season of Picard is definitely NOT okay.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I haven't seen any of Picard but I am training myself to watch all 3 seasons.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

redshirt posted:

I haven't seen any of Picard but I am training myself to watch all 3 seasons.

Season 1 is a mess, but it's actually Not That Bad in comparison to it's successors. Season 2 is just flat out an anti-Star Trek show made by people who have never watched Star Trek before. An Excel pivot table made into a TV show. Season 3 is just Boomer applesauce slop made to appease Grandpa Oldfuck who's mad that TNG has been off the air for 30 years and can't figure out this new fangled Modern Star Trek with all the gays and black people all over the place. Basically what if a Jitterbug phone was a Star Trek show.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
It sounds like I'm pretty safe throwing it in the dumpster and pretending it doesn't exist while I re-watch DS9/TNG again

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

It sounds like I'm pretty safe throwing it in the dumpster and pretending it doesn't exist while I re-watch DS9/TNG again

Yup. Yeet Disco and PIC into the trash and ignore any references to it.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

nine-gear crow posted:

Season 1 is a mess, but it's actually Not That Bad in comparison to it's successors. Season 2 is just flat out an anti-Star Trek show made by people who have never watched Star Trek before. An Excel pivot table made into a TV show. Season 3 is just Boomer applesauce slop made to appease Grandpa Oldfuck who's mad that TNG has been off the air for 30 years and can't figure out this new fangled Modern Star Trek with all the gays and black people all over the place. Basically what if a Jitterbug phone was a Star Trek show.

I'd actually put season 3 of Picard a little ahead of season 1. (Not much, but a little.) The dipshit from Chicago was a fun character, and there was an okay little story arc in the 2-3 episodes they spent in the nebula. And it was neat to see the whole old gang back together, I guess, but unfortunately it was in service of a wretched storyline.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Thank you all, this helps my training. Every day I expose myself to a bit more, until I build up a tolerance.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

nine-gear crow posted:

Season 3 is just Boomer applesauce slop made to appease Grandpa Oldfuck who's mad that TNG has been off the air for 30 years and can't figure out this new fangled Modern Star Trek with all the gays and black people all over the place. Basically what if a Jitterbug phone was a Star Trek show.

The sad part is this isn't that much of an analogy and there is a critical plot point where the telepathic Borg virus thing only affects people under 25.

I thought the performances and FX were mostly great, but the writing and plot range from bad to stupid.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Picard season 3 got the gang back together on the brigde of the Big D. gently caress all y'all if that isn't good enough for you

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

It's funny how Voyager was the heel until Disco and Picard came along. Not sure about Enterprise because no one talks about it.

Watching Voyager right now I can definitely say it may be the worst of all Trek series when it aired but overall is a solid show with missed opportunities. And it is way better than Disco and Picard, and from what I've seen of Enterprise, half of first season, is better than it as well.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Season 3 has assimilated cum so it's not all bad.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I kinda want to find out about the assimilated balls, tho

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
And thus the thread title

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Big rear end On Fire posted:

It's funny how Voyager was the heel until Disco and Picard came along. Not sure about Enterprise because no one talks about it.

Watching Voyager right now I can definitely say it may be the worst of all Trek series when it aired but overall is a solid show with missed opportunities. And it is way better than Disco and Picard, and from what I've seen of Enterprise, half of first season, is better than it as well.

Enterprise WAS the heal, it in fact turned me off Star Trek for a good while. And as it aired, it was mostly hated, which I now find interesting that it seems like it's become much more liked over time. I don't begrudge anyone for liking it, but I'm not sure I could watch it again, the memories are so bad.

That song. That they didn't include the word "Star Trek" in the title till they realized how they hosed up, the dumbest crew in space with the dumbest Captain, by far. Ug!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the detached nacelles could work fine provided the ship never lost power. oh, that happens all the time for any number of reasons? also tractor beams in particular are nonfunctional more often than not?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's the ultra space future, they're probably held in place by quantum entangled exotic matter or something

naem
May 29, 2011

enterprise grew for me personally as I went back years later for more hits of Star Trek, like an addict digging through the couch cushions

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

naem posted:

enterprise grew for me personally as I went back years later for more hits of Star Trek, like an addict digging through the couch cushions

Did you not like it when it aired?

naem
May 29, 2011

redshirt posted:

there were two things I became VERY fond of while watching the original run as an adolescent and both of them were attached to actress Jolene Blalock

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Scratch Monkey posted:

Picard season 3 got the gang back together on the brigde of the Big D. gently caress all y'all if that isn't good enough for you
Somehow time turned them all into assholes isn't loving star trek.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

redshirt posted:

I thought it was kinda meh when it aired. Combination of taking online opinions at face value and not seeing that much of it. But I wasn't that big a fan of Star Trek until a few years ago, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

naem posted:

there were two things I became VERY fond of while watching the original run as an adolescent and both of them were attached to actress Jolene Blalock

Your pointy ear fetish is gonna get you in trouble one day