Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Thoguh posted:

The language they use in everything is about presenting any Palestinian act of resistance as being acts of crime and/or terror. Another example is how even when talking about members of the military who are in Gaza for military things they always say ‘kidnapped’ rather than taken prisoner.

Or how articles still to this day say Hamas "killed 1200 civilians" on October 7th when literally hundreds were military and armed police and even more hundreds were shredded by Israel's own Apaches and tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Wasn't the settler community "traumatized" when the IDF dismantled their settlements in Gaza around 2000?

It seems possible that a faction friendly to them in government might actually want to give settlers in the West Bank enough weapons to prevent the IDF from evicting them without kicking off a civil war?

The ACW was preceded by southern politicians within the US government diverting huge amounts of weapons to southern arsenals, ordering federal guards be replaced with (obviously secessionist) local militias. These shipments comprised almost the entirety of the Confederate arsenal during the war. Beyond allowing the CSA to raise and equip an army which would have been impossible otherwise, the diverted US stocks included the cannons, powder, explosives and other heavy ordnance the southern states would not have been able to produce themselves. Cannon shipped "by accident" to Charleston, South Carolina, which everybody knew as early as the 1830's was a hotbed of radicalism and treason, were used to shell Fort Sumpter and kick the whole thing off.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
So just today we've confirmed:

-the IDF is demolishing residential buildings they've captured explicitly to ensure there are no homes for Palestinians to return to
-Israel considers the Gaza Health Ministry's dead and wounded count to be accurate and in fact uses the numbers themselves

How much more evidence of genocidal intent and action does one need.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Or how articles still to this day say Hamas "killed 1200 civilians" on October 7th when literally hundreds were military and armed police and even more hundreds were shredded by Israel's own Apaches and tanks.

I feel pretty confident in saying that the IDF killed more unarmed civilians on October 7th then Hamas did. That's what all the evidence is pointing to.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Frosted Flake posted:

Wasn't the settler community "traumatized" when the IDF dismantled their settlements in Gaza around 2000?

2005 - and yes, they're still salty about Gush Katif. There have been a couple articles about people who were kicked out from the settlements coming back to Gaza's beach as soldiers and getting all emotional.

It's actually so loving disgusting to see religious zionists crying about Ariel Sharon's horrible traumatic expulsion and how October 7th proved what a mistake it was, and in the same breath calling for the expulsion/extermination of Palestinians from the strip. Settlers are human trash.

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 18:13 on Jan 24, 2024

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

https://twitter.com/Charles_Lister/status/1750175247012143491

Only somewhat related to the topic, but this is a clear downstream effect of the US and Israel's total failure in the region.

I would not be surprised if a withdrawal from Iraq happens as well.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

VoicesCanBe posted:

Only somewhat related to the topic, but this is a clear downstream effect of the US and Israel's total failure in the region.

This is practically saying ISIS will get the weapons and funds that those two American bases did.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

VoicesCanBe posted:

Inshallah

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This is practically saying ISIS will get the weapons and funds that those two American bases did.

"Will"?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Yes, future tense. In the present those bases are still getting supplied. Once they're gone the supplies go to ISIS. Bing bing bong, so simple.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yes, future tense. In the present those bases are still getting supplied. Once they're gone the supplies go to ISIS. Bing bing bong, so simple.

But those bases are already used to give arms and money to ISIS :confused:

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

It wasn't that long ago when Iraq's PM effectively gave militias to attack US forces in the country (without explicitly saying so)

It is possible the US is being forced out of the Middle East

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

VoicesCanBe posted:

There is a sense of inept incompetence and failure that really reminds me of Britain trying to hold onto the last of their colonial territories (and failing, while lashing out like in the Yemen crisis) in the 20th C.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

drat, if we don't want more ISIS activity we should probably stop funding and training them

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
leaving northern syria so isis can be syria and iran's problem is a feature not a bug

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

bedpan posted:

drat, if we don't want more ISIS activity we should probably stop funding and training them

but then who will be the fall guy for every dumb rear end thing that happens that we can't afford to let Israel own

ie another funeral gets bombed

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i can maybe see them running away from syria big maybe but iraq lol yeah those arent going anywhere unless they get kicked out via the taliban way

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

HallelujahLee posted:

i can maybe see them running away from syria big maybe but iraq lol yeah those arent going anywhere unless they get kicked out via the taliban way

The situation in Iraq is heading in that direction

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

HallelujahLee posted:

It's a process, also, the area where things may be "ify" woud probably be al-tanf (which is a barren wasteland full of nothing) or the Turkish enclaves in the Northeast.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/samah_fadil/status/1750113806330503444

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

When you forget to say 'alleged'.

National Parks
Apr 6, 2016

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

AHA, actually I think you'll find that you fell for propaganda. The Israeli helicopter pilot was misquoted as saying he couldn't tell between the civilians and terrorists he was killing. He actually said he couldn't believe how many terrorists there were as he cut hundreds of them down like ants.

Also hundreds of cars just explode from gunfire. Stop asking questions.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

looks like both wael and motaz got pulled out of gaza and are safely in doha

https://twitter.com/azaizamotaz9/status/1750186837874774135

https://twitter.com/azaizamotaz9/status/1749958548656656458

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

National Parks posted:

AHA, actually I think you'll find that you fell for propaganda. The Israeli helicopter pilot was misquoted as saying he couldn't tell between the civilians and terrorists he was killing. He actually said he couldn't believe how many terrorists there were as he cut hundreds of them down like ants.

Also those hundreds of bodies that were misidentified as Israeli but were actually Hamas fighters? Their bodies just kind of do that when they die, don't think too hard about it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hahahah (picture headline combo )

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

poemdexter posted:

What are the chances that Hamas are just monitoring tiktok accounts of known israeli soldiers to know where they are all the time? It seems really stupid to put out a tiktok video saying "hey, me and my buddies have a ton of explosives in this building in a battlezone!"

I wouldn't be surprised if there are "spotters" among the civilians in foreign countries sympathetic to their cause given how spotty internet availability is within Gaza proper

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

where's this from?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So assuming the US leaves Syria, whatsbthat mean for the Turks in the North as Asad is finally able to pull everything back together. A thing I'm sure the Isralis arent keen to see right now

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

National Parks posted:

It's disrespectful to the victims to examine these cars, so we're going to honor their memory by chopping up and burying all evidence.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/MiddleEastEye/status/1750135337626554665

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

also known as the antiwar left. I know this because right wingers would have brought their guns.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

VoicesCanBe posted:

So just today we've confirmed:

-the IDF is demolishing residential buildings they've captured explicitly to ensure there are no homes for Palestinians to return to
-Israel considers the Gaza Health Ministry's dead and wounded count to be accurate and in fact uses the numbers themselves

How much more evidence of genocidal intent and action does one need.

you are making the common mistake that the un is an internationalist body not a western one, and that the genocide case is a moral trial not a political one

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

it's real easy to fabricate a reason for blowing up a residential neighborhood like hamas has a secret command bunker under it we promise even if it's a bad reason that's still a war crime

i wonder what the hasbara reason for the "Palestinians should starve to death" protest is

Al! posted:

you are making the common mistake that the un is an internationalist body not a western one, and that the genocide case is a moral trial not a political one

having a couple countries bring the cases at all is a pretty huge victory international relations for the Palestinians though, their struggle is on the side of the angels and its not just common people that know it but whole state apparatuses that are acknowledging the genocidal campaign against them. it's not a far leap from there to acknowledging that armed struggle is not only correct strategy but justified morally.

The Oldest Man has issued a correction as of 19:34 on Jan 24, 2024

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

ICJ ruling on the South Africa case at 1pm CEST this Friday.

https://twitter.com/CIJ_ICJ/status/1750206652295303313

also found this from an international relations prof tracking which countries have come out in support or against the south african case

https://twitter.com/Alonso_GD/status/1749519049615143085

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

A civil war sounds stupid but it's a realistic outcome assuming that Israel inevitably loses this war. People who think violence is the only solution aren't willing to settle for a negotiation.

Israeli intelligence is using Gaza health ministry figures btw.

https://twitter.com/yuval_abraham/status/1750123648533324158

hope that source in the last paragraph gets what’s coming!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Yair Lapid suggesting the israel will lose the war

====

Urgent | Israeli Opposition Leader: The recovery of the kidnapped people will take place through a bad and terrible deal, but we are forced to do it

https://x.com/ajabreaking/status/1750208741490749756?s=46

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
also please dont set yourself up for disappointment about the ICJ ruling, i dont think it will be what people hope it woild, i have no doubt america and the west blackmailed the poo poo out of the judges to go their way

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Al-Saqr posted:

also please dont set yourself up for disappointment about the ICJ ruling, i dont think it will be what people hope it woild, i have no doubt america and the west blackmailed the poo poo out of the judges to go their way

ehat's rad about it is it's a final signal to the JDPON that they will be under the thumb of the west forever without violent resistance

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Al-Saqr posted:

did people actually think the icj ruling would result in anything? lol

its good that countries are taking a stand against israel in western backed courts though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Lol Austria.