Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Want to hear more policy positions from Randy Hardware Storecat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Lifespan posted:

Most of my family is Republican and each of those are college educated. None of them voted for Trump in 2016 or 2020 and I am 99% sure they won't vote for him in 2024.

The mythos of the CHUD really distorts that there's a real silent majority out there. Holy poo poo I need to retune my brain after all that Trump.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

jokes posted:

college makes you not vote trump? time to ban college

Working on it

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Coolguye posted:

click to read the whole article

I just mean Gaza seems like the main thing that will make young voters who would otherwise vote stay home in the general, and there's clearly some amount that are actively pissed off. I don't see an article to click though, just that screenshot?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I feel like the college-educated Republican draw for Trump in 2016 was "wow we are going to get some absolutely wild tax poo poo passed with this moron, through his handlers", which was basically true. In 2024 it seems like Trump has so completely cut himself off from the McConnell old-guard Republicans and that particular shine has come off the bronzer.

Yeah and if they were smart they would have realized that wanting tax cuts and also reducing the deficit don't really work together. but if they were smart they wouldn't have voted trump lol

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Mons Hubris posted:

Ceasefire getting 71 seems potentially bad for Biden

Maybe, although you have to ask how many of those would have voted for Biden if not for Gaza. And, another way of looking at it could be that this was a relatively consequence-free opportunity for a protest vote, and only 71 took that opportunity.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mons Hubris posted:

I don't see an article to click though, just that screenshot?

I think OP was making a joke because that posts sounds like every "Here's why _____ is bad for Biden" articles.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

kazil posted:

Missed it by a whisker, heard they just pawsed the campaign. They climbed the polls but after they tabbied the votes, couldnt claw their way to victory.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Biden beat trump in 2020. Here's why that's bad for Biden

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Lifespan posted:

Their standpoints are all along the lines of "we are fiscally conservative and like many of his policies on the economy, but the dude is loving crazy."

They may not like him, but they support what he stands for

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Mons Hubris posted:

I just mean Gaza seems like the main thing that will make young voters who would otherwise vote stay home in the general, and there's clearly some amount that are actively pissed off. I don't see an article to click though, just that screenshot?

subscribe for just $0.99 a month

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'd ask WTF Biden is supposed to do with the I/P situation, like, Biden doesn't control Israel. But I've given up trying to figure out what the extreme left wing purity brigade wants, since they don't know either.

And of course Russia and the RNC will try and play this up in order to sow dissent and division.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

redshirt posted:

I'd ask WTF Biden is supposed to do with the I/P situation, like, Biden doesn't control Israel. But I've given up trying to figure out what the extreme left wing purity brigade wants, since they don't know either.

And of course Russia and the RNC will try and play this up in order to sow dissent and division.

He simply must flip the switch that says "Start I/P conflict , End I/P Conflict" it is next to the gas switch.

Pretty loving simple if you ask me.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

lmbo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

redshirt posted:

I mean that isn't actually a hard answer. They want him to openly come out and condemn Israel and make the argument that the US should stop supplying aid to Israel until they stop. It's a reasonable request that also just happens to be 100% political suicide.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mons Hubris posted:

Wait till they find out what's gonna happen in Gaza if Trump gets back into office :haw:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

They may not like him, but they support what he stands for

I'm not here to represent their political leanings, but they are all moderate Republicans. I'm sure they would be RINOs in the chuds eyes because they don't appear to really follow the drama of party, just use the label to represent their fiscal beliefs. :shrug:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Mons Hubris posted:

Ceasefire getting 71 seems potentially bad for Biden

kinda fear this, hope as the reality sets in those people just write in "Biden do the Ceasefire " and then we have lols at Red state BoEs going "welll 'Biden whatever' doesnt count for Biden, also 'gently caress trump' counts for trump"

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Junk posted:

i dunno if you're being obtuse on purpose, but hal was a total sourpuss who went out of his way to kill any fun vibes in this thread, it's not just about copping the occasional 6er

hals probing was insanely on point, if people want to post a hundred pages of hotdogs theres always c-spam imho

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

redshirt posted:

You think the man in charge of US foreign policy is literally helpless to do anything about a country that we supply a massive amount of money and weapons to?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

nine-gear crow posted:

Wait till they find out what's gonna happen in Gaza if Trump gets back into office :haw:

I think this just becomes another iteration of the trolley problem.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

nine-gear crow posted:

Trump doesn't like to completely read sentences so his solution to "End Gaza Conflict between Israel and Palestine" will just be "End Gaza"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lifespan posted:

I'm not here to represent their political leanings, but they are all moderate Republicans. I'm sure they would be RINOs in the chuds eyes because they don't appear to really follow the drama of party, just use the label to represent their fiscal beliefs. :shrug:

I mean the fiscal beliefs of the Republican party are "gently caress the poor, gently caress the oppressed, gently caress the environment, gently caress health care, and gently caress everyone who isn't a vanishingly small amount of mostly white rich people." Like unironically a 'moderate' Republican these days is what we call a center-right Democrat.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

redshirt posted:

he can put more pressure on israel publicaly but i think most of the stuff is behind the scene and 180ing hard on israel would hurt him way more then what he is trying to do now.

ImpAtom posted:

I mean that isn't actually a hard answer. They want him to openly come out and condemn Israel and make the argument that the US should stop supplying aid to Israel until they stop. It's a reasonable request that also just happens to be 100% political suicide.

agreed. the other issue is the online purity camp poo poo has so people are openly cheering on houthies and hamas and thats getting into irl protests which hurts the palestian cause. shits depressing.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Ok let's take this away from the I/P conflict please and post some lols

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

dunno if it's a lol but this is...something

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

kinda fear this, hope as the reality sets in those people just write in "Biden do the Ceasefire " and then we have lols at Red state BoEs going "welll 'Biden whatever' doesnt count for Biden, also 'gently caress trump' counts for trump"

Just anecdotally, but my impression is that most of the people who say they're not going vote for Biden over Gaza were also not going to vote for Biden in 2020 over [insert purity test reason here]. Could be wrong, though.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Zore posted:

No, Biden wasn't on the ballot. The DNC decided to move around the order of primary states to get different and more diverse ones in beginning and they've been in conflict with New Hampshire over it since New Hampshire pins a lot on being 'first in the nation' for their primary and even has it written into law.

Why does it matter who goes first? Or is just a sad bragging-rights thing?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Sir John Falstaff posted:

Just anecdotally, but my impression is that most of the people who say they're not going vote for Biden over Gaza were also not going to vote for Biden in 2020 over [insert purity test reason here]. Could be wrong, though.
pretty much my take as well

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

kazil posted:

Subsidised snacks and head-scritches on demand.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

kazil posted:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: This is the good poo poo

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

kazil posted:

That'll get the young kids fired up to vote!

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

redshirt posted:

We have the largest military on the planet, an unfathomable amount of soft power, and routinely sell Israel guns. There are a million things he could be doing.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Froghammer posted:

We have the largest military on the planet, an unfathomable amount of soft power, and routinely sell Israel guns. There are a million things he could be doing.

You want Biden to invade Israel?

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

mobby_6kl posted:

You want Biden to invade Israel?

Yes

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Get Colbert off of that late-night network TV garbage and back into The Colbert Report, and I might be interested.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

kazil posted:

He kind of went a little crazy since he left so I dunno about this

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ok, write it in under russia then

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Stoatbringer posted:

Why does it matter who goes first? Or is just a sad bragging-rights thing?

First states get more candidates spending more money. Last states to vote don't get much of anything.

Makes New Hampshire/Iowa etc all feel important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

kazil posted:

stewart is capable of being funny on his own merits so it might make the show worth watching this year. i remember the times a bunch of wingnuts tried to 'entrap' him on the phone with a bunch of stupid political word games and stewart more or less took them to the cleaners on their own ambushes.

i say 'might' here because

Toxic Mental posted:

He kind of went a little crazy since he left so I dunno about this