Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

A Real Horse posted:

Are any of the cosmetics for the undead summons super cool?

I think the Celestial skins are pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

totalnewbie posted:

What about it? I see you have some starter gear for archmage. Keep going.

Someone in the thread asked me to make a post about how I geared up for manabond so I will explain. manamanamanamanamanamanamanamana

Just wanted to say thanks, this was helpful

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
penance brand of dissipation is absolutely loving stupid and there's no way it doesn't get the ggg triple tap next league

considering rerolling from my inq into a pf for more gigatank, though honestly I could probably get a bunch bulkier on the inq if I cared to

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

theshim posted:

penance brand of dissipation is absolutely loving stupid and there's no way it doesn't get the ggg triple tap next league

considering rerolling from my inq into a pf for more gigatank, though honestly I could probably get a bunch bulkier on the inq if I cared to

Yeah, sometimes there are skills that get hit with a nerf and you think, "man, why would they do that" but here, I think the fact that everyone is enjoying the gently caress out of it but still like, "Yeah, it needs to be taken out back" is really saying something.

People like skills that are strong but this is so much more than that.

theshim
May 1, 2012

totalnewbie posted:

Yeah, sometimes there are skills that get hit with a nerf and you think, "man, why would they do that" but here, I think the fact that everyone is enjoying the gently caress out of it but still like, "Yeah, it needs to be taken out back" is really saying something.

it's honestly kinda killed my desire to try out the last couple builds I was interested in because I know they're just going to be So Much Worse than this for a lot more cost :(

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Can't wait for the Extreme GGG Overcorrection where they nuke all Brand skills from the game. :v:

At least I actually hopped on a super-powerful meta skill the same league it was discovered for a change.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Figures I got as far as I ever did in the atlas with a busted skill... :orks:

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Brands were OP before, betrayal league maybe? And yeah, they were subsequently nerfed down to secondary/levelling skill levels of power.

I hope they nerf pbod but leave it viable at least. Maybe just a single or double tap?

Anyone try the new skeleton/zombie transfigured gems?

e: betrayal league, not synth

wemgo fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 24, 2024

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

whypick1 posted:

I think the Celestial skins are pretty cool.

You are correct, I will be snagging that when I get home.

Also LOL at starting Me, who was extremely concerned that I would always be short on identify scrolls.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

The extra funny thing about PBoD is it's not any weird interaction/mechanic that makes it so powerful. It's just the numbers, which seems like the easiest thing to catch prior to launch.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

A Real Horse posted:

You are correct, I will be snagging that when I get home.

If you haven't bought MTX yet, don't just buy the raw points, grab one of the supporter's packs. It comes with the same amount of GGG bux as if you were to buy them individually and comes with MTX on top of it.

It looks like those skins were just on sale, so it'd be a few weeks before they are discounted again, so probably not worth waiting.

e: vvv First Blood pack. Sword MTX, regular stash tab, 200 coins for $20.

wemgo posted:

Brands were OP before, betrayal league maybe? And yeah, they were subsequently nerfed down to secondary/levelling skill levels of power.

I did do Storm Brand when it came out...but had to be a hipster and go Inquisitor, struggling mightily, while everyone else was Hiero and abusing the old Archmage/Brand Recall interaction and Aura/Herald effect to delete everything in the game :smith:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 24, 2024

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s been a long time but I think there is a starter pack you can buy that is a good deal

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Yeah, they could drop that 60%/energy to 30% and it’d still be plenty strong, id guess.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

wemgo posted:

Yeah, they could drop that 60%/energy to 30% and it’d still be plenty strong, id guess.

Yeah. I guess that + significant base duration nerf.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

whypick1 posted:

Can't wait for the Extreme GGG Overcorrection where they nuke all Brand skills from the game. :v:

At least I actually hopped on a super-powerful meta skill the same league it was discovered for a change.

surely you can play a build that has far better clear this league

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
This is probably a stupid question, but I have a Penance Brand Inquisitor that's way too squishy. Here's the build: https://poe.ninja/pob/14BZ I copied it from poe.ninja when I was high on those Mirror funds, but it's way too fragile. Obviously I'm missing a lot of gems and stuff, but everything I'm looking at would only increase my DPS, not survivability. What's the one thing that will make it tankier? I think I'm done with the league, but I want to understand what makes good defenses so I can do better than just copying a build guide next one. I can go into t16 maps with this and kill everything as long as I stay on the edge of the screen, but as soon as something rushes me or snipes me I'm dead. It's hilarious.

Splitting Steel was a lot of fun right up until the end when I wanted to do super-juiced maps, but couldn't get there no matter how much money I poured into it. In a normal league I would've been happy probably, but wisps let you push difficulty to the extremes. Getting a Mirror drop was probably the worst thing that could've happened as far as enjoyment; once I could buy anything, all the challenge was sucked out of it. I'd rather have dropped a Mageblood or Headhunter or some other high-value key part of a build instead of a Mirror. It also gave me alt-itis and I spent some time cursing GGG for making me go through the campaign twice. As long as you've done it once, 2nd and above characters in a league should start at level 50 with the Bandit quest still incomplete.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

That's definitely a carry build that plays with an aura bot you've copied.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

If it's not an aurabot build, it's a "run T7 Cemeteries all day every day" build.

OP, you have basically zero defenses and not even 1k life :stonk::stonk::stonk:. I'd be amazed if you could run a white T16 map without using up all 6 portals.

A real chest and helm with actual defenses on it, an actual defensive aura or two, life rolls, drop Pain Attunement, get "less duration/increased effect" on all of your flasks (your Diamond doesn't even have a suffix :wtc:).

You're rich enough to fix this (:argh:), but it'll take a lot of work.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 24, 2024

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Yea that build has actual zero defenses lmao. I guess it could also work as a boss deleter, or maybe someone just pimping poe ninja DPS numbers. I wouldn't set foot in a map with that one.

The good news is you have some great pieces to rebuild from, but I'd def suggest in the future to post the PoB/ninja link in the thread before copying if you're unsure about it.

e: Since you asked about defenses, here's a general summary. Others have made better posts on this in the past, but I don't have the links. This is gonna seem really basic, but the complexity comes with how you tackle each point.

PoE defenses are all about building layers. There's several damage sources you need to account for, and in maps (especially this league), you really need to have a plan, or multiple, for each one:

- Phys damage (armor, PDR, phys taken as ele, etc)
- Ele damage (imo just having capped ele res isn't enough for juiced mapping, but it's the starting point)
- Chaos damage (capped res, CI, etc)
- Spells (maybe not needed if you have huge mitigation for the above already, but that's unlikely outside of special cases, so suppress/spell block)
- Degens & general recovery (regen, leech, life/es on hit, etc)
- Crit mitigation (not as big in other leagues, but HUGE for mapping in this one)
- Ailments (freeze is obvious, but big shocks are extremely deadly)
- Other mitigation sources (Evasion/Avoid, Defiance of Destiny, Fortify, Immutable/Bloodnotch, etc)

PoB isn't perfect, but it can give you an idea of how you're doing for each of these with the max hit and EHP numbers. Dropping that build in PoB has the EHP at 2.5k vs Pinnacle bosses and I did not realize it was possible to have a number that low on a non-naked character lol.

That's by no means comprehensive, but should give an idea. For reference, the build you copied has basically none of these, not even a half-hearted attempt to build them (no defensive auras at all or even a guard skill). Also, I hope this didn't come across as trying to dunk on you, def not the intent! But wow that build would blow over to a gentle breeze.

Traitorous Leopard fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 24, 2024

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Here’s my pbod heiro that could be converted to inquis pretty easily if i wasnt lazy. It’s highly unoptimized, but ive been doing juiced t16s with it without too much issue. The ring slots can be whatever you want, no KT required.

https://poe.ninja/builds/affliction/character/wemgo/wemGARFfliction

Fyi, I am not running tempest shield even though the gem is slotted

wemgo fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 24, 2024

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

LifeLynx posted:

This is probably a stupid question, but I have a Penance Brand Inquisitor that's way too squishy. Here's the build: https://poe.ninja/pob/14BZ I copied it from poe.ninja when I was high on those Mirror funds, but it's way too fragile. Obviously I'm missing a lot of gems and stuff, but everything I'm looking at would only increase my DPS, not survivability. What's the one thing that will make it tankier? I think I'm done with the league, but I want to understand what makes good defenses so I can do better than just copying a build guide next one. I can go into t16 maps with this and kill everything as long as I stay on the edge of the screen, but as soon as something rushes me or snipes me I'm dead. It's hilarious.

Splitting Steel was a lot of fun right up until the end when I wanted to do super-juiced maps, but couldn't get there no matter how much money I poured into it. In a normal league I would've been happy probably, but wisps let you push difficulty to the extremes. Getting a Mirror drop was probably the worst thing that could've happened as far as enjoyment; once I could buy anything, all the challenge was sucked out of it. I'd rather have dropped a Mageblood or Headhunter or some other high-value key part of a build instead of a Mirror. It also gave me alt-itis and I spent some time cursing GGG for making me go through the campaign twice. As long as you've done it once, 2nd and above characters in a league should start at level 50 with the Bandit quest still incomplete.

wemgo posted:

Here’s my pbod heiro that could be converted to inquis pretty easily if i wasnt lazy. It’s highly unoptimized, but ive been doing juiced t16s with it without too much issue. The ring slots can be whatever you want, no KT required.

https://poe.ninja/builds/affliction/character/wemgo/wemGARFfliction

Fyi, I am not running tempest shield even though the gem is slotted

See my last post/vid:

Ultima66 posted:

Following up on my previous post, I finished capping my spell suppression and got even tankier. Here's a quick showcase of what this build can get away with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1xrgzcbGyQ

The mods here are obviously not bad but it's 7500 wisps and I have no source of crit damage reduction. I'll probably make some more tanking showcases later. To be honest I just have Unwavering Stance specced for QoL reasons, I could just get away with Brine King alone to mitigate stuns and I'd be even tankier because I have a little bit of evasion I'm losing from Unwavering, and I'd get a point to spend on life or something.

I do way more than enough damage for ubers too, it's something in the 70m single target ballpark.

Here it is imported to ninja: https://poe.ninja/pob/14CQ

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I think you've got enough hints on how to fix your build, but to try to fill in some obvious knowledge gaps you have:

1. You went into the Arcane Capacitor wheel but have no means of getting Arcane Surge since you have Eldritch Battery allocated and 0 unreserved mana (so it's impossible for you to use the Arcane Surge support gem to try to spend mana to get the buff) and aren't a Hiero with the Arcane Blessing Ascendancy node. If you just need the mana reservation mastery, Deep Thoughts is right there and requires one less point.
2. You allocated Hex Master but don't have any curses. I'm 99% sure that the build you were cribbing from has a Militant Faith socketed where your Soul Star jewel is in order to get Inner Conviction, which is a very healthy damage buff. poe.ninja won't show any Timeless jewel transformations, gotta load it into PoB. 9 times out of 10 if there's a Keystone allocated that doesn't seem to make sense for the build, it's a Timeless jewel.
3. You'll ultimately be getting Inevitable Judgment (assuming you don't switch out of Inquisitor entirely). At that point you can dump anything involving lowering enemy resistances, whether that be through curses, penetration or exposure. Something like Assassin's Mark is great though, and you really only need it for big beefy bosses so you could get away with manually casting it.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

totalnewbie posted:

I think that they should not nerf PBOD, and then buff every other skill in the game to be as good as it, even Devouring Totem somehow.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
GGG, Let us live the charged dash Jugg dream!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

wemgo posted:

GGG, Let us live the charged dash Jugg dream!

That one makes me angry because the skill is actually really cool on a technical level like the Temporal Rift rewind, and I did in fact spend a league doing CWC Charged Dash Volatile Dead because I was convinced it was an alternative to Cyclone for some reason.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Traitorous Leopard posted:

1. Start with the gold flask. Rarity is nice, but it's way less impactful than quant and Sirgog did a vid recently pointing out player rarity doesn't even impact the big loot bombs everyone is seeing, which was the main reason people were originally running rarity. At this point all it means is more unique drops and those are super low-value this league (aside from HH/MB, but lol). You could get so much more out of a granite flask here since you're running MB.

4. I'd spend the extra point on +1 max endurance charges on the left side of the tree. Since you're running Ralakesh, that node basically says "4 PDR and 4 ele res" which is huge for one more point.

SOmetimes all a person needs is a pair of second eyes. I didn't even register having a useless flask, it just was there, I rolled it with usual 69% inc eff when got my mageblood and didnt think twice that I need a defensive flask. lmao
69% inc eff armour flask brought me to 86% pdr and endu charge to 90%
Can facetank beyond bosses in medium wisped t16 now instead of running around.

I'll follow up with ele taken andor maxres a bit later, ty.

in other tft news

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Zero VGS posted:

That one makes me angry because the skill is actually really cool on a technical level like the Temporal Rift rewind, and I did in fact spend a league doing CWC Charged Dash Volatile Dead because I was convinced it was an alternative to Cyclone for some reason.

I legit want a trans charged dash that does no damage but has no endpoint. Just a channeled movement speed boost I can cruise around with.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

graynull posted:

I legit want a trans charged dash that does no damage but has no endpoint. Just a channeled movement speed boost I can cruise around with.

as long as it plays a motorcycle sound i am okay with this

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

graynull posted:

It's so weird already because the guy you're trying to steer can go way offscreen while the camera is fixed on you, if you have a ton of movespeed. If an enemy manages to stun you, you get automatically launched to whereever it was.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The most fun I have ever had with a build was a charged dash trickster int-stacker that used Hand of Wisdom and Action or whatever it was called in...god...I want to say Metamorph league? I'm not saying it was the most effective or most powerful but it was a lot of fun.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I also ran a howa charged dash scion in metamorph. It was...fine.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Erulisse posted:

SOmetimes all a person needs is a pair of second eyes. I didn't even register having a useless flask, it just was there, I rolled it with usual 69% inc eff when got my mageblood and didnt think twice that I need a defensive flask. lmao
69% inc eff armour flask brought me to 86% pdr and endu charge to 90%
Can facetank beyond bosses in medium wisped t16 now instead of running around.

I'll follow up with ele taken andor maxres a bit later, ty.

in other tft news

SHOCKING_AMOUNT_OF_BUTT is a very powerful character name

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kvUyuruaHU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
https://clips.twitch.tv/HilariousFlaccidStarlingRickroll-ILnYnKBNPeTyGrkB

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Petition to rename "Summon Spectre" as "Summon Dave"

RP'ing as a D4 dev after their shift (or hell, maybe even during) at the end there.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Unexpected lol.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

I keep saying I'm done with the build then I'll find something new to tinker with, but this might finally be my last iteration of my take on the charge stacking PBoD Assassin https://pobb.in/sUdeRhjoAsKB

I've tweaked stuff a bit to get way more AoE and to try and scale my explosions a little bit to make mapping feel better. It's still not on the same level as the cold BV builds out there for clear, but I don't think it's far off and the single target and bulk is better imo. Also not reliant on HH buffs which are too inconsistent for my tastes.

The tank feels great for SC juiced mapping. Deaths are occasional, but few. Evade cap goes so far, and for the times when IC is actually up, the EHP is very respectable.

Some simple gear swaps also make this into a great bosser. I was bored last weekend and decided to try Ubers for the first time and basically insta-phased them all, plus the Feared. Hardest was probably Sirus cause I kept running into his storms lol. But the damage is so high is can carry me, a very mechanically-bad player, through ubers easily.

I think it might be in well-rounded beast territory

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

The D4 -> poe pipeline is real

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Ultima66 posted:

See my last post/vid:

Here it is imported to ninja: https://poe.ninja/pob/14CQ

This rules. Slapped a mid-effort version together and I'm really hard to kill. Not doing enough damage, but I'm missing that big cluster jewel area on the bottom. I also don't have enough life regen to use Righteous Fire yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
I need to grind some currency first but i think ill move towards that build too, seems real fun