Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

mobby_6kl posted:

You want Biden to invade Israel?

If I were Biden I would simply diplomacy and solve the porblem: no death and everyone gets along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Seconding Trump having weak support among college Repubs. I work with tons of them and they've all soured on him. On the rare occasion they bring him up, it's to talk poo poo or to wish they could get someone else. The guys I interact with are finance/accounting guys though, they're usually pretty grounded and have to deal with a lot of different kinds of people. I don't know how the engineering/tech bros/scientists of the Republican party feel.

I don't know how that's gonna reflect in their voting.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Stoatbringer posted:

Why does it matter who goes first? Or is just a sad bragging-rights thing?

the whole country/world coming to your corn or granite state every 4 years is a boost to the ego. "hello corn/rock folk, youre a bellwether/kingmaker for civilization, whats your opinion on ___?"

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

jokes posted:

If I were Biden I would simply diplomacy and solve the porblem: no death and everyone gets along

Do you have a nepo baby son in law you could assign to the problem though?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Froghammer posted:

We have the largest military on the planet, an unfathomable amount of soft power, and routinely sell Israel guns. There are a million things he could be doing.
Go on...

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

mobby_6kl posted:

You want Biden to invade Israel?

And dethrone God.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

dunno if I posed about college grads last night during the primary but yeah, Trump has a problem with them

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

kazil posted:

dunno if it's a lol but this is...something

So if he only gets 1 night, is he competing with Last Week Tonight?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Actually, do not go on, about I/P

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

jokes posted:

"TRUMP" could solve it in 24 hours!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Toxic Mental posted:

He kind of went a little crazy since he left so I dunno about this

How'd he go crazy? I thought he was Cool and Good

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Elon thread touched a bit on him recently, apparently he's got some crazy ideas about COVID

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Stoatbringer posted:

Why does it matter who goes first? Or is just a sad bragging-rights thing?

It matters who goes first because a "narrative" can be established with early wins. It's not always guaranteed, but it's a factor.

And I think the DNC wants a more representative and larger state than NH to go first.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Infinitum posted:

He's a weird "COVID was a MANMAN VIRUS" insano now.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

kazil posted:

Elon thread touched a bit on him recently, apparently he's got some crazy ideas about COVID

More specifically he's breached the "lab leak" theory and the right-wing media circuit loves it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
leaky dong

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Toxic Mental posted:

Actually, do not go on, about I/P

What about intellectual property law

Since the New York engoron lawsuit is towards all trump org property, that could mean that the stuff owned by Trump Productions could get gone through

I would love to find out some of the behind the scenes poo poo that they had been sitting on

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

vaginite posted:

Seconding Trump having weak support among college Repubs. I work with tons of them and they've all soured on him. On the rare occasion they bring him up, it's to talk poo poo or to wish they could get someone else. The guys I interact with are finance/accounting guys though, they're usually pretty grounded and have to deal with a lot of different kinds of people. I don't know how the engineering/tech bros/scientists of the Republican party feel.

I don't know how that's gonna reflect in their voting.

Honestly, I don’t know how it’s possible to square the circle that is being a Republican and not being pro-Trump, he’s the goddamned dictator of the party’s ideals and has all but received the party’s nomination within two smaller state primaries.

Saying you’re Republican but anti-Trump is like wearing Klan robes and the pointy hat, but saying that you find the racism part of the movement disgusting.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Jon Stewart just has an extremely cynical view on everything which is why he's great at talking poo poo about govt stuff, particularly republicans. This has the unfortunate knock-on effect of making him a bit susceptible to conspiracy theories

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Toxic Mental posted:

He kind of went a little crazy since he left so I dunno about this

who among us

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Jon Stewart will also have to deal with the fact that Seth Meyers has basically perfected what his schtick looks like in a post-Trump world.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

pixaal posted:

It's a democrat ballet though, why did they write in Joe Biden? Shouldn't he already be on it?

The Democratic party designated south Carolina as the first primary state so Biden is not putting himself on the ballot in any earlier state

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

jokes posted:

Jon Stewart just has an extremely cynical view on everything which is why he's great at talking poo poo about govt stuff, particularly republicans. This has the unfortunate knock-on effect of making him a bit susceptible to conspiracy theories

alot of his issues suffer from being a big hit comedian in 00s so there have been some genuinly lovely jokes he has told, he tends to be mostly good now though.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Infinitum posted:

3:30 Timestamp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSfejgwbDQ8&t=213s

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kazil posted:

dunno if it's a lol but this is...something

Here’s why that’s bad news for Biden.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Aramis posted:

Jon Stewart will also have to deal with the fact that Seth Meyers has basically perfected what his schtick looks like in a post-Trump world.

Seth Meyers does the shallowest, worst late night political monologue since Jay leno’s bullshit in the 90s with the dancing judge itos

Colbert’s stuff is pretty cringe but meyers will without fail go for the easiest and worst joke on any given topic

I will still take him before Jimmy Fallon but god drat does Seth meyers suck

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol woke up angry still

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

what is maga? some sort of smear?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

rotinaj posted:

Seth Meyers does the shallowest, worst late night political monologue since Jay leno’s bullshit in the 90s with the dancing judge itos

Colbert’s stuff is pretty cringe but meyers will without fail go for the easiest and worst joke on any given topic

I will still take him before Jimmy Fallon but god drat does Seth meyers suck

Jimmy_Fallon_Tussling_Trumps_Hair.mov

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

Saw this coming when he started getting into meme stocks. Sad, but not surprising.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

funeral home DJ posted:

Honestly, I don’t know how it’s possible to square the circle that is being a Republican and not being pro-Trump, he’s the goddamned dictator of the party’s ideals and has all but received the party’s nomination within two smaller state primaries.

Saying you’re Republican but anti-Trump is like wearing Klan robes and the pointy hat, but saying that you find the racism part of the movement disgusting.

To be honest I suspect anyone who claims to be Republican but anti-Trump is just trying to say something to family members/friends/etc to try to avoid getting them upset under the assumption that someone's problem is with Trump specifically and not the things he espouses. Seems to work a lot too considering how many people are willing to go "Sure, we have political differences, but they're family" and look the other way.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

jokes posted:

what is maga? some sort of smear?

infectious disease, no cure, terminal

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Knock on SNL all you want but I do enjoy Weekend Update still. But I am glad to see Jon back at the Daily Show, if just for one day a week.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Hear me out on this.

Late Night with Donald Trump!

Thank you for listening.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Tag me, I'm the scientist forced to explain my escaped chocolatey goodness

kazil posted:

lol woke up angry still

MY OPPONENTS TREMBLE AT THE WORD MAGA. IT'S SOMETHING THEY'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND, SOMETHING THEY'RE AFRAID OF. THEY JUST DON'T "GET IT!" NIKKI HALEY HAS NO VOTES, NO VOTES, I AM THE BIGGEST WINNER! SHE IS A LOSER!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Zore posted:

New Hampshire pins a lot on being 'first in the nation' for their primary and even has it written into law.

If I recall correctly, New Hampshire law says that if any other state schedules an earlier primary, then NH's automatically moves to 7 days before it.

I really want another state to pass the same law so we can watch the primary dates leapfrog back to the Big Bang. :allears:

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
this fcuking loser

and the best reply

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

"Donald Trump as an anime protagonist, standing in front of a crowd of screaming lunatics wearing red caps."

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ProperCauldron posted:

this fcuking loser

and the best reply

Sir this is the “TRUMP” thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Hear me out on this.

Late Night with Donald Trump!

Thank you for listening.

*accordion hands* today was 'uge. It was a good day, sure. But I was it was the best day. Today Joe Biden slipped on a banana peel while golfing on my golf course.