Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like these characters just need to get into gaming. Shigaraki uses to game, but he's only become worse since he stopped gaming. Same with Spinner - was the most sane when he was a gamer, and then he became all hosed up (and presumably isn't gaming in his current state). And I don't think Dabi ever gamed?

I dunno, seems pretty straightforward to me.

Edit: While Dabi is recovering from being turned into a skeleton, they can let him play Like A Dragon
they were league of legends players which makes more sense as to why they became supervillains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It feels like a missed opportunity if All for One and One For All don't combine into some kind of power-sharing Quirk named All For One And One For All United We Stand Divided We Fall that everyone insists on always referring to by its full name at all times.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

You know who is a gamer?

Mineta.

Did that one grape he stuck to AFO end up mattering at all?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

ImpAtom posted:

Good ol' Vegeta, he only genocided a few planets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeYIlET3szA

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ImpAtom posted:

Good ol' Vegeta, he only genocided a few planets.

To be fair, I'm not sure if we ever learn that Vegeta destroyed whole planets (aside from Arlia in filler).

That being said, he definitely killed a ton of innocent people of all ages. Quite gleefully no less.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

He was definitely in the genocide business for Freeza

And he absolutely killed that one Namek village.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Vegeta just liked to party a bit hard.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

To be fair, I'm not sure if we ever learn that Vegeta destroyed whole planets (aside from Arlia in filler).

That being said, he definitely killed a ton of innocent people of all ages. Quite gleefully no less.

He definitely did try to destroy the Earth when he was losing to Goku. I always remember this because he very nearly killed his future wife there, after murdering her ex a few minutes earlier. (And I've had people sincerely argue "he didn't personally kill Yamcha so it's not right to claim he's responsible for leading the mission and directing the soldiers who did kill Yamcha" Dumb, dumb people)

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Vegeta did nothing wrong.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Nessus posted:

He was definitely in the genocide business for Freeza

And he absolutely killed that one Namek village.

They got better.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Vegeta did a lot of things wrong, but his need to gently caress Around And Find Out is literally why he exists in his current form despite being intended as a one-off villain, so really he kind of did nothing wrong, yeah.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Caidin posted:

They got better.

Didn't they very explicitly not get better since they only wished back the namekians killed by freeza and his forces, which did not include vegeta at that point?

Or did DBZA make that up?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It also helps that Goku, while generally a good dude, also loves himself a good fight and will let things slide if he thinks he can get one out of you later.

He's also very dumb.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
they should call the police on vegeta

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Professor Wayne posted:

they should call the police on vegeta

What's Krillin gonna do to him?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Mymla posted:

Didn't they very explicitly not get better since they only wished back the namekians killed by freeza and his forces, which did not include vegeta at that point?

I honestly have no idea but I would assume that DBZA made it up since Toriyama doesn't seem to waste near as much thought on these things as fans do.

Maybe it came up in the Moro arc? I don't recall.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Rhonne posted:

Blast a hole in his chest.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sentenced to death by Kienzan

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Caidin posted:

I honestly have no idea but I would assume that DBZA made it up since Toriyama doesn't seem to waste near as much thought on these things as fans do.

This definitely happens in the anime. It's when they're all revived and transported to Earth. Everyone wonders why there are still people missing and Vegeta himself is the one who points out why that specific clan of Namekians are still dead.

I only ever saw the anime, though. No idea if this was filler.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 24, 2024

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Vegeta should go to jail and get the death penalty, and then Bulma wishes him back a week later.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rhonne posted:

Have his wife break his other arm

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

NikkolasKing posted:

This definitely happens in the anime. It's when they're all revived and transported to Earth. Everyone wonders why there are still people missing and Vegeta himself is the one who points out why that specific clan of Namekians are still dead.

It was in the manga yeah

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Caidin posted:

Mymla posted:

No, it's a real scene and it's in the original Manga. At the very end of the Frieza Saga when everyone is getting wished back to life the Namekians notice some of them are still missing and Vegeta gloats about that loophole. The rules of wishing don't fully become gently caress It territory until quite sometime after.

mycot fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 24, 2024

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Vegeta... did one thing wrong. :eng99:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The real one who did nothing wrong was Nappa.

A Saibaman killed Yamcha, Tien and Chaotzu killed themselves, and Piccolo threw himself in front of a laser blast that you can't even prove would have killed Gohan! And then for his trouble Goku crippled him and Vegeta murdered him.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

NikkolasKing posted:

You reminded me, there IS filler right around that scene though, where Vegeta beats up Gohan and then fucks off, only for him to be back brooding against a tree or whatever like nothing happened next episode

TFS did insert a scene where Nappa is back because Vegeta was technically working for Frieza though.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That seems like it's kinda the fault of the wish maker to not double check but also wow Vegeta is an unbelievable douche to be smug about it lmao

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Eggplant Squire posted:

That seems like it's kinda the fault of the wish maker to not double check but also wow Vegeta is an unbelievable douche to be smug about it lmao

To be fair it was a rush wish made during the literal apocalypse.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, Vegeta killing that village was the "Quite gleefully" I was alluding to.

ImpAtom posted:

The real one who did nothing wrong was Nappa.

A Saibaman killed Yamcha, Tien and Chaotzu killed themselves, and Piccolo threw himself in front of a laser blast that you can't even prove would have killed Gohan! And then for his trouble Goku crippled him and Vegeta murdered him.

It is funny how Nappa is never redeemed like Vegeta, but he's actually the only one of the initial three Saiyans that could arguably be called a nice person based on a number of other scenes.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Everyone hated that village anyway

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Bad vibes village.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Namekians live extremely long lives on a diet of water in a completely uniform environment with a population of about 100, being murdered and thrown to bureaucracy might have at least been stimulating?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

to be fair they could have just wished that village back later at some point, the namekian balls are only used again during the buu saga.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Dragon Ball societies seem like they really could benefit from better institutional management tbh

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Eggplant Squire posted:

Dragon Ball societies seem like they really could benefit from better institutional management tbh

Unfortunately the Gods of the world are a a child, its time clone, a lazy cat, a flamboyant angel and an intern who accidentally got promoted to CEO.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Unfortunately the Gods of the world are a a child, its time clone, a lazy cat, a flamboyant angel and an intern who accidentally got promoted to CEO.

Could probably do a lot worse

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Caidin posted:

No it's from the anime and likely the manga as well. There's a succession on who is to be the Eldest Namek and are looking for people from a certain tribe until Vegeta starts laughing and gloating that it was the village HE raided for the Dragon Ball so it wasn't part of the deal for resurrecting the people killed by Freeza and his gang.

Edit: drat, late to post. If I recall, he did also kill a whole bunch of people at the tourney during the Buu Saga.

ImpAtom posted:

I am so out of touch with DBZ that I only know Dendei and Korin from that list.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 24, 2024

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dende and Korin aren't on that list. :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, Dende and Korin are too low ranking to even get on that list. Not even King Kai is on that list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Dende and Korin aren't on that list. :v:

Then I'm REALLY out of touch since those are the only child god and lazy cat I know of from the series.