Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Serephina posted:

Different topic: are there any good Mech games as of late? My system cannot possibly handle Armoured Core 6 which is what I crave (I own a Geforce 960), but like there has to be other big stompy robot games out there? Doesn't even have to be first person, third-person squads are fine by me too. Basically if IntoTheBreach had FrontMission style customization I'd be in heaven. Just without the jrpg grind, please.

I threw Gearbits onto my wishlist at some point because it looked like some sort of indie Armored Core, but I couldn't tell you how grindy it is or isn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Serephina posted:

Different topic: are there any good Mech games as of late? My system cannot possibly handle Armoured Core 6 which is what I crave (I own a Geforce 960), but like there has to be other big stompy robot games out there? Doesn't even have to be first person, third-person squads are fine by me too. Basically if IntoTheBreach had FrontMission style customization I'd be in heaven. Just without the jrpg grind, please.

Mechabellum maybe? It’s kinda an auto battler or something but the thread here seems to really like it

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Serephina posted:

Welcome, Brigador

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
If you're not gonna buy Brigador for the gameplay please buy it for the soundtrack

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Serephina posted:

That's a lot of fuckin' players. Pretty amazing for what I assumed was a dumbass cheap asset-flip-ish joke game. I guess the takeaway is to never underestimate the power of viral sales? Vampire Survivors etc.

-----

ive had this thing on my wishlist for awhile but i have no clue if there is grinding or not https://store.steampowered.com/app/1167450/DAEMON_X_MACHINA/

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

FYI the dev is, unsurprisingly(just look at everything about the game's lore lol), a bigoted chud.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Communist Bear posted:

Can we change the thread title to "shut the hell up about palworld"?

You're just upset people are finally playing a game they bought on Steam. :colbert:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Serephina posted:

That's a lot of fuckin' players. Pretty amazing for what I assumed was a dumbass cheap asset-flip-ish joke game. I guess the takeaway is to never underestimate the power of viral sales? Vampire Survivors etc.

-----

Mechwarrior 5 has its issues but I think it’s still pretty good. Lots of mods to add more stuff as desired as well.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Serephina posted:

Someone tweaked the Heavy Gear games to work on modern systems.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

It was unpleasant watching that go down. I still like Makeup and Vanity Set, but you don't have to buy the game to support their music.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
It is okay to talk about games in here imo

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I guess Enshrouded just came out if someone needed yet another early access co op survival/crafting game

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

HopperUK posted:

It is okay to talk about games in here imo

mods???

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

But Hopper is THE MODS!!! We are so hosed. :(

mystes
May 31, 2006

I said come in! posted:

But Hopper is THE MODS!!! We are so hosed. :(
better install new drm that blocks mods

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Moving to a subscription-based service to stop the freeloaders modblocking us

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Talking about games is all above board, just don’t let anyone catch you playing them

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Kibayasu posted:

Mechwarrior 5 has its issues but I think it’s still pretty good. Lots of mods to add more stuff as desired as well.

If he can't run AC6 I doubt Mechwarrior's gonna work. Could always play MW4 again tho.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Owl Inspector posted:

Talking about games is all above board, just don’t let anyone catch you playing them

Only play games with a cloth over your head so the Steam thread can't judge you.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Owl Inspector posted:

Some games are played above board as well

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Anyone have any recommendations for a good kvm switch or something like that? My idea was to get a steamdeck eventually and have something that can just switch my mouse/keyboard/speakers/monitor etc between my old pc and the docked deck.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Can’t talk about steamdeck here in steam thread, try mobile game thread.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Mr.Acula posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for a good kvm switch or something like that? My idea was to get a steamdeck eventually and have something that can just switch my mouse/keyboard/speakers/monitor etc between my old pc and the docked deck.

my advice on this is that it tends to be much easier to get a reliable USB switch than to get a full KVM switch. usb 3.0 four-port switches are like $25. if you have speakers that can accept two inputs and a monitor that can accept two inputs, it'd probably be easier to just switch those manually

if you really just want basic 1080p60 for both devices then a KVM might be ok. if you ever upgrade to a desktop that uses gsync/freesync, though, you'll be in trouble since that requires displayport, and i think the world of displayport KVMs is $$$$

fwiw my desk setup is a 4-port USB switch hub, a monitor that has a displayport input for my desktop and an hdmi input for whatever i feel like plugging in, and speakers that have a usb input that is plugged into the USB hub. then i have a simple usb-c power/hdmi/usb-a dongle that i can plug into my work laptop, steam deck, or nintendo switch. i don't really plug in the deck unless i'm doing weird linux stuff that's easier at a desktop, but it works fine when i do.

it's been a few years since i've looked into the KVM world so i'm happy to be proven wrong on any of this if there is a better KVM out there now, fwiw

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

A good poster posted:

Oh, boy, you really are a good poster! I remember trying to replay HG1 a couple of years back and the AI was just completely broken even after doing all the documented hoops needed. Kid me was also super curious about HG2, but it never hit any of the stores I visited. Going to try this out over the weekend, thanks!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

ZearothK posted:

Oh, boy, you really are a good poster! I remember trying to replay HG1 a couple of years back and the AI was just completely broken even after doing all the documented hoops needed. Kid me was also super curious about HG2, but it never hit any of the stores I visited. Going to try this out over the weekend, thanks!

lmao I didn't notice the name of the poster you were quoting at first and just thought you were being really adorable

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3795944

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

lmao

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

my advice on this is that it tends to be much easier to get a reliable USB switch than to get a full KVM switch. usb 3.0 four-port switches are like $25. if you have speakers that can accept two inputs and a monitor that can accept two inputs, it'd probably be easier to just switch those manually

if you really just want basic 1080p60 for both devices then a KVM might be ok. if you ever upgrade to a desktop that uses gsync/freesync, though, you'll be in trouble since that requires displayport, and i think the world of displayport KVMs is $$$$

fwiw my desk setup is a 4-port USB switch hub, a monitor that has a displayport input for my desktop and an hdmi input for whatever i feel like plugging in, and speakers that have a usb input that is plugged into the USB hub. then i have a simple usb-c power/hdmi/usb-a dongle that i can plug into my work laptop, steam deck, or nintendo switch. i don't really plug in the deck unless i'm doing weird linux stuff that's easier at a desktop, but it works fine when i do.

it's been a few years since i've looked into the KVM world so i'm happy to be proven wrong on any of this if there is a better KVM out there now, fwiw

I'm specifically eyeballing this one atm https://www.amazon.ca/Monitors-Comp...r_hp_atf_m&th=1

It's actually my speakers that I worry about being wonky during this, my Logitech G560's act strange as gently caress all the time they are now.

Orv
May 4, 2011

The exclamation mark is important for clarity

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

abraham linksys posted:

The level1techs KVMs are $$$ but they work quite well including VRR. Alternatively just use a USB switcher and do the display via DDC events?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Mr.Acula posted:

I'm specifically eyeballing this one atm https://www.amazon.ca/Monitors-Comp...r_hp_atf_m&th=1

It's actually my speakers that I worry about being wonky during this, my Logitech G560's act strange as gently caress all the time they are now.
depending on how deep down the rabbit hole of kvms you want to go there's always wendell: 2 monitors/2 computers or 4 monitors/4 computers

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

The forums have come a long way since 2 girls 1 cup

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

HopperUK posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Steam Thread: a long way since 2 girls 1 cup

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

HopperUK posted:

now you can have as many cups as you want

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

RandomBlue posted:

It's political correctness gone mad

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

RandomBlue posted:

Good because I may have a problem

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
You can also have as many girls as you want, assuming you're willing to spend your currencies and are okay with getting dupes.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

A good poster posted:

I would do unholy things for a proper heavy gear 3. 1 was really good and 2 absolutely nailed the way that Gears are more powered armor than stompy mechs.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Mr.Acula posted:

I've been using this one for the past year or so and it's been working well for me, though if you're using HDMI and not DisplayPort you're gonna need a different one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Right, I should have specified I guess. I am using DP right now but my monitor and pc have hdmi inputs as well. I never even considered if the Steamdeck's dock had a display port or not (which I will now google after hitting post)