Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

LET ME IN

WHY ARE YOU CLOSED

I don’t know if I’d prefer an unknown mystery time to my constantly updating to the second countdown at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I least you jerks got it preloaded. I am still waiting for my code from Humble Store :argh:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Steam says it becomes available in "20 hours." Isn't that like early tomorrow morning? I thought it would be tomorrow night at some point.

(Someone mentioned Steam unlocking early, but I thought they just meant like "10:00pm tomorrow night" or whatever)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

Steam says it becomes available in "20 hours." Isn't that like early tomorrow morning? I thought it would be tomorrow night at some point.

(Someone mentioned Steam unlocking early, but I thought they just meant like "10:00pm tomorrow night" or whatever)

Yeah it’s one of those games steam unlocks globally when one specific region (I guess Japan in this case) hits midnight instead of doing it regionally

There’s no method to their madness

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Nineteen hours...

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Nineteen hours, huh? Better find something to do until then...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Grand Fromage posted:

Nineteen hours, huh? Better find something to do until then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR-S12-AXJw

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Did they fix the balance for the jobs?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Dunno hope not

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DrManiac posted:

Did they fix the balance for the jobs?

Somewhat. The classes overall feel better and the fact you can carry over any skill instead of specific skills makes min/maxing more fun, but there are still some which just feel better than others.

Edit: Exception made for Dragon of Dojima which is a class where if I ever swapped Kiryu off of it ended up feeling like a nerf.

Powerleveling classes you don't use is pretty easy though. You can honestly go from 1-25ish in about 3 fights depending on how far you are in the game.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 24, 2024

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Nineteen hours? I'm starting to see the appeal of steam...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sega, unlock game early.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

Nineteen hours? I'm starting to see the appeal of steam...

Heh, Steam? Maybe I'll check it out when I have some time...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No Steam VPN trickery for this release?

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Are magical bums still the metal slime equivalents or are there other xp pinatas?

Dick Wolf
Apr 5, 2009
I finally beat Like a dragon after 104 hours. Is new game plus at all interesting with millennium tower if I did almost all side stories already?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I said come in! posted:

No Steam VPN trickery for this release?

It’s not necessary since the unlock is global

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
I can preload this no problem on my PC, but more importantly, I can't find a way to preload on the Steam Deck. Is there something I'm missing?

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Doji Sekushi posted:

I can preload this no problem on my PC, but more importantly, I can't find a way to preload on the Steam Deck. Is there something I'm missing?

I was able to do it in desktop mode

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Dick Wolf posted:

I finally beat Like a dragon after 104 hours. Is new game plus at all interesting with millennium tower if I did almost all side stories already?
I liked it on Legend because it makes the start of the game markedly harder and required really exploiting the skills to get past some bosses, but it doesn't have any new content or anything and we're 18 hours away from a literal new game.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

RoastBeef posted:

I was able to do it in desktop mode

Sweet thanks.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Dick Wolf posted:

You can run around in Premium mode if you want to clean up any side stuff. Final Millennium Tower isn't too bad, and is also the best way to farm for money. Beat the first boss, quit, repeat.

True Final Millennium Tower is the one that takes 10-20 hours of grinding the metal slime bums in the sewer. You want at least 2, probably three jobs maxed out to even have a chance.

Actual NG+ doesn't add anything new, just tougher enemies with more xp. But you still get more xp from the bums on normal.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

ImpAtom posted:

Somewhat. The classes overall feel better and the fact you can carry over any skill instead of specific skills makes min/maxing more fun, but there are still some which just feel better than others.

Edit: Exception made for Dragon of Dojima which is a class where if I ever swapped Kiryu off of it ended up feeling like a nerf.

Powerleveling classes you don't use is pretty easy though. You can honestly go from 1-25ish in about 3 fights depending on how far you are in the game.

One question.
Did they bring back all the jobs from Y:LAD?
I know that host, chef, breaker, idol, and night queen return.
Not including the base jobs for the characters.

IAmTheRad fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 24, 2024

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

IAmTheRad posted:

One question.
Did they bring back all the jobs from Y:LAD?
Not including the base jobs for the characters.

Not all of them. Some didn't make the cut but usually because one of the new jobs is a better version of it.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 24, 2024

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

ImpAtom posted:

Not all of them. Some didn't make the cut but usually because one of the new jobs is a better version of it.

Forgot that Discord markup doesn't work in the forums. Oh well.

Well, once the game is released I'm going to enjoy seeing what's in the game and what the new jobs will be, and the skills for those jobs. I just know that I can use any job on Kiryu and he can still go into his essence of dragon skill and just turn off the turn based formula no matter what.
I have plans based on what the trial version had.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I'm just gonna do any ol poo poo. Probably aim for type coverage if there's still elements and sword/fist/gun

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Recommended order for new players still 0 and then the numbered entries in order? Any general tips for the series?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

LAD8 and then Persona 3 Reload and then FF7R

Lots of comfort gaming in the near future. And that's ignoring other interesting stuff like that Granblue game and the one that's sorta like Suikoden.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

RatHat posted:

Recommended order for new players still 0 and then the numbered entries in order? Any general tips for the series?

Don't play unless you have at least an hour free. You never know when it's going to be Cinematic O'Clock.

Start with 0. 0 has like, two hours of cinematics before you can actually play. Stick with it, it's worth it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RatHat posted:

Yes.

- Expect a significant drop in game quality when you hit Yakuza 3, followed by realizing a few hours later that Yakuza 3 rules, actually. (Feel free to play on Easy though to reduce the jank factor.)

- For Yakuza 4 make sure you finish all of the training side missions for every character, which will unlock a set of bulletproof armor. Give that to Tanimura (the cop) before the finale because his last boss fight is an even bigger pain in the rear end without it.

- Be ready for every hostess experience that isn’t the minigame from 0/Kiwami 2 to be extremely painful.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Dewgy posted:

- Expect a significant drop in game quality when you hit Yakuza 3

no, dont expect that!! NO!!!

Dewgy posted:

followed by realizing a few hours later that Yakuza 3 rules, actually.

y-yes. yes!!!!!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Dewgy posted:

- Be ready for every hostess experience that isn’t the minigame from 0/Kiwami 2 to be extremely painful.

Oh yeah when you hear about there being a hostess thing in 3 and think oh boy, fun. Don't. Run away.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Dewgy posted:

Expect a significant drop in game quality when you hit Yakuza 3, followed by realizing a few hours later that Yakuza 3 rules, actually. (Feel free to play on Easy though to reduce the jank factor.)

Can confirm, I just started it last week and loving whoof on both QoL features (save everywhere? No! Save points.) and, thus far, it really slow-rolls the tutorials and shoves you through some incredibly dull gameplay segments to begin before opening up.

I haven't had the rules part though. I see now why everyone was laughing at my gripes in the finale of YK2, not knowing this was coming.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ytlaya posted:

LAD8 and then Persona 3 Reload and then FF7R

Lots of comfort gaming in the near future. And that's ignoring other interesting stuff like that Granblue game and the one that's sorta like Suikoden.
oh man i forgot my kickstarter was finally arriving.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

no, dont expect that!! NO!!!

y-yes. yes!!!!!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

While the games own do not mainline like all of em because there is so much and they're all mostly so good that burning out on the gameplay is probably the worst thing that could happen

Other than playing dubbed

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Go through all of the games in a hybrid timeline/published order -> 0/K1/K2/3/4/5/6/J/YLAD/LJ/LAD:Gaiden/LAD8

Just take a month or two break in between each game.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Go through all of the games in a hybrid timeline/published order -> 0/K1/K2/3/4/5/6/J/YLAD/LJ/LAD:Gaiden/LAD8

Just take a month or two break in between each game.

Where would you put Ishin here?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Chieves posted:

Where would you put Ishin here?

Don't play Ishin. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

After Lost Paradise