Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lindy Fluff :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

grack posted:

This kinda already happened. The entire executive group resigned under pressure from sponsors and the Government of Canada

And former CEO Bob Nicholson was disgraced and given a second chance by the Edmonton Oilers

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

I’m glad the Jets have avoided having known sex pests on the team by wisely not drafting Canadian players.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
gonna interrupt sex pest chat here with this because everyone needs a laugh right now

https://twitter.com/TylerRichard93/status/1750038853828714896

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Matt Zerella posted:

gonna interrupt sex pest chat here with this because everyone needs a laugh right now

Not like some high profile guy with the rangers just got accused of sex pestery a few days ago or anything like that right?

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
lmao someone got a call from a lawyer

https://x.com/johnscott_32/status/1750217151087046731?s=20

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

I can't laugh at this as much as I'd like to because the Penguins powerplay is absolutely worse and they just scored on themselves a few days ago

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY

Gerblederp posted:

I’m glad the Jets have avoided having known sex pests on the team by wisely not drafting Canadian players.
Should the league ban Canadian players for this? And Americans for their support of Israel? And Russians for their support of Putin?

Read more in my newsletter.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Another Bill posted:

I hope I'm not minimizing the culpability of the rapists when I say this, but where the gently caress was Hockey Canada and adult supervision for these U20s?

Buying the drinks.

Not a joke.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Kite posted:

Should the league ban Canadian players for this? And Americans for their support of Israel? And Russians for their support of Putin?

Read more in my newsletter.

Can probably skip the middle man and just ban Americans for their support of America

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mennoknight posted:

And former CEO Bob Nicholson was disgraced and given a second chance by the Edmonton Oilers

This is not at all what happened. No doubt Nicholson is a piece of poo poo and did a lot of dodgy poo poo as part of Hockey Canada but he never resigned in disgrace. Dude was feted for leaving Hockey Canada at a great place (cause noone outside him and the board knew of the slush funds). The Oilers never gave him a "second chance".

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Not like some high profile guy with the rangers just got accused of sex pestery a few days ago or anything like that right?

Dolan is a sex pest, yes. Congrats, you cracked the code?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Lol some guys finally get charged with some horrible crimes and your first thought is, “but what about the rangers???” Never change :allears:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Jesus h christ lmbo, what a loss

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:laffo: loving hell

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Add more please

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
On a PK you could probably strategically stack all 4 players and goalie like that in such a way so as to prevent any one from scoring.

On the power play though, what the gently caress man.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I still think the Torts one was better but I will never not do a loss edit

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Matt Zerella posted:

Jesus h christ lmbo, what a loss

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Powerplays are often much harder on the defence

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIČRE IN ME

mcmagic posted:

I mean I can only hope that somehow forces Dolan to sell the team and he gets thrown in jail but my hopes aren't high

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Ginette Reno posted:

I can't laugh at this as much as I'd like to because the Penguins powerplay is absolutely worse and they just scored on themselves a few days ago

Technically it was the Pens PK that scored on themselves wasn't it?

Someone please make an avatar out of this

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Levitate posted:

I mean I can only hope that somehow forces Dolan to sell the team and he gets thrown in jail but my hopes aren't high

With how quickly the Darryl Katz paying for sex stories went away ya good luck with that.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Another Bill posted:

I was a hockey fan my whole life until ~5 years ago when I drifted away. I don’t think I'm ever coming back.

:(

Spaced God posted:

Yeah I've been trying to get into hockey casually the last three years and between the black hawk stuff and this and God knows what else I've missed it doesn't give me a lot of confidence to keep getting into the sport. I don't even want to be a fan of any individual player now lol

Post-2005 lockout fan here. I miss when I'd binge hockey and playing EA NHL games to manage rosters because I'm one of the weirdos for which being GM was almost more fun than playing the games. There were times, especially in the late 2000s, where I'd watch the NHL from Noon until Midnight, but the combination of my team reverting to being poo poo, the seemingly unending ineptitude of the league, and the ugly stuff that has come out has my interest about as low as it's been.

mcmagic posted:

I apparently missed both this and Creepy Rory signing with the Oilers the other day.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://www.londonpolice.ca/en/news/anticipated-press-conference.aspx

Press conference on the 5th

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

:five:

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

I hate that I got this before scrolling down. Also lmao

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

What are the Canadian pigs even doing? 12 more days before they even talk on it?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

mcmagic posted:

What are the Canadian pigs even doing? 12 more days before they even talk on it?

I'm guessing that's just after the deadline the players were given to surrender themselves

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

mcmagic posted:

A have a lot to tell you about Canadian justice but the short version is its slow, underfunded ( not the cops but everything else ) and unevenly applied.

Serious criminal charges are routinely thrown out of our courts because there's a rule that says if the government can't make their case within 18 months of being charged then charges should be dropped. It's a joke.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Said yesterday morning:

quote:

“It sucks to see first Oliver and now Dillon. You’ve got to try and support them any way you can,” Andersson said during a scrum this morning. “I think if you’re struggling on the ice or off the ice, I think it’s a good wakeup call for a lot of Twitter monsters out there too, that we’re humans too. Maybe think before you write. That comes with being a professional athlete, but it’s never easy seeing someone struggle and then reading about it too. It sucks.”

https://dailyhive.com/calgary/flames-andersson-fans-should-think-before-write

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Sens twitter out in full force defending Batherson because he's not one of the five names, which is just absolutely loving depraved. Great stuff.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Fuuuuuuuck youuuuuu Rasmus.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

Another Bill posted:

A have a lot to tell you about Canadian justice but the short version is its slow, underfunded ( not the cops but everything else ) and unevenly applied.

Serious criminal charges are routinely thrown out of our courts because there's a rule that says if the government can't make their case within 18 months of being charged then charges should be dropped. It's a joke.

As a defence lawyer I think that rule is very good, and if the Crown can’t get something to trial within 18 months (excluding defence delay and unavoidable delay) then they’ve seriously dropped the ball. Maybe they shouldn’t schedule so many spurious cases for trial, or should stop taking ridiculously punitive positions on guilty pleas and joint submissions in docket court, if they’re worried about overbooked trial courts.

e: to make this hockey related, go Sens go, and gently caress Batherson. As stated earlier in this thread, if he was in the hotel that night and was aware of these issues then he is, at best, a complicit bystander, and the lack of charges doesn’t mean that he didn’t do something morally objectionable.

bub spank fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 24, 2024

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:perfect:

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
https://twitter.com/user/status/1750267100936249651

GM's should always listen to their captains for the best asset management

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Don't wanna disrupt the all-star break!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Another Bill posted:

So there is a chance this goes on for 18 months from now? lol