Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

They are going to try and salvage Young you would be an absolute moron to not .

There is zero downside to trying

yeah pretty much. Maybe if they hadn't traded a massive haul for the privilege of drafting him they could move on, like Arizona did from Rosen to Kyler. But they don't even have a first rounder :lol: so like what are you gonna do other than desperately try to make Bryce look presentable (challenge level: impossible)

FizFashizzle posted:

There are two people in the world that think Bryce can be salvaged, and one of them posts in this forum.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

I was being sarcastic my entire point is a journeyman QB did not help whatsoever

Trevor Siemien and Tim Boyle are not NFL-caliber QBs. They're not just "journeyman" QBs.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

CharlestheHammer posted:

Bryce Young got Joe Barry fired and for that I salute him

We can now hire an actual DC. Thank you shortie!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

fsif posted:

Trevor Siemien and Tim Boyle are not NFL-caliber QBs. They're not just "journeyman" QBs.

The panthers are also nowhere near as good as the jets. Personally I would have zero interest in Andy Dalton dragging my team to five wins and a 7th overall pick

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Next year is going to be a waste of time no matter what I hate to break this to you

You fool, you absolute rube, thinking Trump won't win in November and then we won't have to worry about next year.

:suicide:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Jets had a fatal flaw on their oline regardless of who they brought in as a backup QB. Yeah, maybe things go a little better with Flacco instead of Tim Boyle, but <waves hands at the 2022 Jets>

The Panthers have no offensive talent, they need players. Bryce is probably cooked, but they've spent so much on him, he's worthless to sell, you have to try and draft a receiver, some oline help, hell any playmakers at all and see if you can build an offense you can plop a better QB onto in 2025 if/when Bryce completely flames out.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Nervous posted:

You fool, you absolute rube, thinking Trump won't win in November and then we won't have to worry about next year.

:suicide:

trump is going to relegate the panthers?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

DeimosRising posted:

trump is going to relegate the panthers?

I'm sure they'll get lumped in with any other undesirables by him.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

If he did anything football related it it would be to somehow eminent domain the Bills (to himself), because he is absolutely petty enough to still be mad about not getting to buy them

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/DMRussini/status/1750247244085834100?s=20

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Albert Breer said in his mailbag today that two names for the Packers DC stand out: Chris Harris and Ejiro Evero.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1750247300985741616?s=20

Probably nothing.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Not great, not terrible.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
re: the whole journeyman QB thing. the Bucs won the division with a journeyman QB so its not like the Panthers couldn't also do that.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Do The Panthers have one of the greatest defenses of all time?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I mean, starting Andy Dalton or whatever is also a waste of time because nobody actually thinks they’re going to win anything with Dalton right? Or some random late round pick they take a flyer on? Next year is about the new coach and GM evaluating the roster, who they throw out at QB hardly matters.

Assuming Dalton gives top 20 production, they would have at least competed for the nfc south this season.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Relentlessboredomm posted:

re: the whole journeyman QB thing. the Bucs won the division with a journeyman QB so its not like the Panthers couldn't also do that.

The Panthers had the same journeyman last year and they went 1-5 with him! The roster is way worse than the Bucs roster and the coaching has been basement level. If they hit on their coaches then the team will look better across the board and they can see if Bryce still looks unsalvageable. If they don’t hit on their coaches then it doesn’t matter who they have at QB, they’ll still look like poo poo.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Baker's probably better than a journeyman, tho. Like, you can potentially build long-term with him, which you can't really do with the Gardner Minshews of the world.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Panthers had the same journeyman last year and they went 1-5 with him! The roster is way worse than the Bucs roster and the coaching has been basement level. If they hit on their coaches then the team will look better across the board and they can see if Bryce still looks unsalvageable. If they don’t hit on their coaches then it doesn’t matter who they have at QB, they’ll still look like poo poo.

oh the coaching thing is a huge issue yea, my point is just the division is soft and it's way less of a climb to be competitive than it would be in like the AFC West right now.

Black Lighter posted:

Baker's probably better than a journeyman, tho. Like, you can potentially build long-term with him, which you can't really do with the Gardner Minshews of the world.

I like Baker and all but lol no. He's around the same level as Minshew. We could get 2-3 years out of him if we keep Canales

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I want a Baker Mayfield/Gardner Minshew buddy cop miniseries.

Yes, I've watched The Other Guys recently.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Docjowles posted:

If he did anything football related it it would be to somehow eminent domain the Bills (to himself), because he is absolutely petty enough to still be mad about not getting to buy them

He tried to buy the Colts twice, The Cowboys and the Patriots as well.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Panthers had the same journeyman last year and they went 1-5 with him!

Then nearly won the division with Sam darnold, and would have won it if dj moore had kept his helmet on. This streak included beating the hell out of the bucs in Carolina.

I don’t think baker was healthy in Carolina last year, and I don’t think he’s smart enough for mcadoos offense.

Also it was another coaching disaster but that’s just teppers MO at this point.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

oh the coaching thing is a huge issue yea, my point is just the division is soft and it's way less of a climb to be competitive than it would be in like the AFC West right now.

The division is really soft but they already sucked with Baker, clearly a journeyman QB doesn’t really raise the floor of the team by itself, so you might well just use your cap space and draft picks to try and improve the dismal offensive talent and hope a new staff can salvage Bryce.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1750253232654274782?s=20

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

DO IT NOW HOWIE

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm guessing Vic wanted out more then they wanted him gone.

Or they're really stupid.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Then nearly won the division with Sam darnold, and would have won it if dj moore had kept his helmet on. This streak included beating the hell out of the bucs in Carolina.

I don’t think baker was healthy in Carolina last year, and I don’t think he’s smart enough for mcadoos offense.

Also it was another coaching disaster but that’s just teppers MO at this point.

Winning the South is more of poison pill than genuine goal at this point. It doesn’t mean you’re doing the right things or moving in the right direction, it just means you’ve temporarily gained the lead in the race to be the last turd down the bowl.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

I'm guessing Vic wanted out more then they wanted him gone.

Or they're really stupid.

It says there he wanted to live closer to his family.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Fangio would've been on the Eagles anyways last season if Gannon didn't gently caress around

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

O/U which week Vic gains the 'interim' label: 10.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Hope the Eagles don’t play the Ravens next season!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Checks out

Thx Miami

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

SKULL.GIF posted:

It says there he wanted to live closer to his family.

I thought everyone wanted to live in Miami??

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hope Fangio likes TAXES.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If they don’t hit on their coaches then it doesn’t matter who they have at QB, they’ll still look like poo poo.

i'm reliably informed that most of the coaches in the playoffs this year are terrible garbage, so it can't be that important who they get

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Albert Breer said in his mailbag today that two names for the Packers DC stand out: Chris Harris and Ejiro Evero.

If the Packers somehow get Evero and the D still sucks then I will just accept they are cursed

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

Kalli posted:

mashing the under button as hard as i can

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1750259776196390944?t=l8ffhru45GFVCtvOntzLsg&s=19

Sure

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Kalli posted:

I will wait to place my bet until I see when the Eagles reveal next season's schedule & their bye week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

is that supposed to say rb coach or is he coming out of retirement