Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Let's kick this guy's rear end!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

igaram that mothefucker

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

That's not what they said.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
That's what the quote tool pulled on the app :shrug: I'm not sorry

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

wow. we're besmirching the app now? wow. this guy

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

mha has been kind of dreadful for a long time now. I'm not sure why the JJK manga thread has turned so hard on it so hard, but it's pretty hard to read

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

grieving for Gandalf posted:

mha has been kind of dreadful for a long time now. I'm not sure why the JJK manga thread has turned so hard on it so hard, but it's pretty hard to read

The JJK thread would win against the other threads. Simple as.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I will simply chill in the HXH thread and cope for more chapters.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

MHA is just harry potter as an anime, and the villains are all really lame and uninteresting

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Wormskull posted:

One piece of poo poo.

too far. some things you just dont joke about.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

if countess doesnt drop an el rune im going to loving scream

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
MHA has fun character designs and superpowers.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

MHA was fun and cool and then Horikoshi made Deku hit ultimate power to deal with a lame ultimate bullshit villain and then realized WSJ editors still wanted more and then the entire manga began to collapse into itself

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

it's kind of amazing that whereas some series have a slow decline, MHA just has the seven quirks revelation as a single solitary point where the series goes from good to bad

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fluffdaddy posted:

we doing that thing where we pretend the things we liked 20 years ago wasnt good

This. Wanted to report this for being too drat true but there’s no button. Mods?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When I was a kid I hated home star runner. Twas mere hubris, because I thought he was trying to compete with my sense of humor. But it’s good poo poo and I’ll have to finally admit it.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

symbolic posted:

it's kind of amazing that whereas some series have a slow decline, MHA just has the seven quirks revelation as a single solitary point where the series goes from good to bad

that's exactly the point. right during the interminable joint class training

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Been reading Undead Unluck recently...Manga FTW

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
shrek, garfield, family guy, these are ips that have been way over mined. the world is ready for ironic homestarrunner memes

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Poor media literacy makes people think Homelander and Homestar Runner are the good guys

So now that this has been resolved, I do have a question about the OP that's been weighing on me since you posted your last thread. I want to say that I realize as a mod there's going to be the inevitable comments and such, which I know are coming and resigned myself to.

I need to preface this by saying I like flash animations. I watch it (Newgrounds and ArmorGames right now, finished Miniclip Season 1 a while back). It's something to watch when I'm bored or I just need to veg out for a while. When I saw your username and profile pic, I was like "Wonder what flash cartoon it is" and googled your username. OP, I absolutely wish I hadn't because my life was richer and fuller before I found out.

I guess this brings me to this question: out of all the Flash characters out there that you could have chosen from all the animes that exist in the world, is there a particular reason you chose the one who continually bullies Strongsad and Strongmad and is part of the plotline of the entire show?

According to the wikis that I read, at least: http://www.hrwiki.org/wiki/Strong_Bad

quote:

Strong Bad is the middle child of The Brothers Strong. His is the dominant personality and he loves to push everyone around.

quote:

He's often abusing Homestar, kicking The Cheat, prank-calling Marzipan, or tormenting Strong Sad (although it's been hinted that they got along when they were younger).

quote:

He also does not get on well with old people or children, although he claims to have children of his own, including Jeffrey Beffrey Mudgeman, at his second secret home where he goes by the name Vance Mudgeman. He doesn't appear to care much for those children either, or perhaps he does and truly believes that "you got to be firm".

From another wiki: https://homestarrunner.fandom.com/wiki/Strong_Bad

quote:

He answers emails with a passion, and will make fun of their grammar, punctuation, and spelling—although he's not overly worried about his own.

Under this wiki, his fun facts are listed as "Strong Bad once did stand-up comedy as a kid" and "it is implied that Strong Bad is actually very weak and out of shape"

The Emails in question:
http://www.hrwiki.org/wiki/Strong_Bad_Email

I could be absolutely wrong! Maybe I looked up the websites of two people who hate the show and are trying to destroy it for whatever reason. If I am, I absolutely and sincerely apologize and retract anything I said here. Or maybe I totally misread it. I've been known to misunderstand things occasionally.

If not, I mean, were there other characters you could have used? I'm sure these two are not the only characters in the entire cartoon. I didn't know what this cartoon was and now I know what to avoid in the future. Even if you want to go with the argument "he can type with boxing gloves on" (I have no idea if this is true or not) you still have the problem that part of the plot of your avatar is the continual answering of emails, which, not cool!

So that's my question to you, I suppose. I'm curious about your answer. I'd also like to point out that I'm not picking on you personally, but the forums have had a fraught history with flash cartoon poo poo and uh, probably not good to add to that.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 24, 2024

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021
didn't someone in the anime forum call frieren's dub voice "mommy-esque"

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

euroshopper posted:

don't know, sorry.

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

don't know, sorry.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

euroshopper posted:

I don't know and don't want to know.

EDIT: Not sorry at all.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

euroshopper posted:

shut the gently caress up man cmon

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

hbag...the Retard Saying Zoomer...We need both of you back...Please...we're sorry.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Check this out

:sam:🔫

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

euroshopper posted:

stop posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

walking to my car after work and a 4ft2 deepthroat style figure accosts me asking if i knew that evangelion_braun had a pubg bridge moment in the crocheting thread at 3:34pm.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Improbable Lobster posted:

So now that this has been resolved, I do have a question about the OP that's been weighing on me since you posted your last thread. I want to say that I realize as a mod there's going to be the inevitable comments and such, which I know are coming and resigned myself to.

I need to preface this by saying I like flash animations. I watch it (Newgrounds and ArmorGanes right now, finished Miniclip Season 1 a while back). It's something to watch when I'm bored or I just need to veg out for a while. When I saw your username and profile pic, I was like "Wonder what flash cartoon it is" and googled your username. OP, I absolutely wish I hadn't because my life was richer and fuller before I found out.

I guess this brings me to this question: out of all the Flash characters out there that you could have chosen from all the animes that exist in the world, is there a particular reason you chose the one who continually bullies Strongsad and Strongmad and is part of the plotline of the entire show?

According to the wikis that I read, at least: http://www.hrwiki.org/wiki/Strong_Bad

Under this wiki, his fun facts are listed as "Strong Bad once did stand-up comedy as a kid" and "it is implied that Strong Bad is actually very weak and out of shape"

The Emails in question:

I could be absolutely wrong! Maybe I looked up the websites of two people who hate the show and are trying to destroy it for whatever reason. If I am, I absolutely and sincerely apologize and retract anything I said here. Or maybe I totally misread it. I've been known to misunderstand things occasionally.

If not, I mean, were there other characters you could have used? I'm sure these two are not the only characters in the entire cartoon. I didn't know what this cartoon was and now I know what to avoid in the future. Even if you want to go with the argument "he can type with boxing gloves on" (I have no idea if this is true or not) you still have the problem that part of the plot of your avatar is the continual answering of emails, which, not cool!

So that's my question to you, I suppose. I'm curious about your answer. I'd also like to point out that I'm not picking on you personally, but the forums have had a fraught history with flash cartoon poo poo and uh, probably not good to add to that.

Lmao

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Al! posted:

shrek, garfield, family guy, these are ips that have been way over mined. the world is ready for ironic homestarrunner memes

I had a thought of the Poopsmith pop up out of nowhere while cleaning the litterbox the other day. It might just be time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I need to preface this by saying I like flash animations. I watch it (Newgrounds and ArmorGanes right now, finished Miniclip Season 1 a while back). It's something to watch when I'm bored or I just need to veg out for a while. When I saw your username and profile pic, I was like "Wonder what flash cartoon it is" and googled your username. OP, I absolutely wish I hadn't because my life was richer and fuller before I found out.

The Emails in question:

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

The Emails in question:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dongicus posted:

walking to my car after work and a 4ft2 deepthroat style figure accosts me asking if i knew that evangelion_braun had a pubg bridge moment in the crocheting thread at 3:34pm.