Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okkult
Oct 10, 2012

rotinaj posted:

They are wrestling journalists who have a successful wrestling news site

Like, I’m not claiming Nancy Reagan suddenly clawed her way out of the grave to demand brains and also to say that the promo was good

Some folks online seemed to like it, and we appear to be in the minority

You don’t have to like it, but you do have to accept it

I refuse to accept that. I want to speak to a manager!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Cavauro posted:

others should respect the promo because a lot of people liked it

Today is the day Rotinaj told us all we should respect Big Bang Theory

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

it occurs. roman reigns has 'the superman punch'. the rock is black adam. this could be the epic conclusion us dceu heads have been waiting for. roman could come out as super man.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The Hierarchy of the Big Table is about to change

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

what if bubba ray dudley powerbombed roman reigns through the table he is head of

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

what if bubba ray dudley powerbombed roman reigns through the table he is head of

What in the world kind of blackmail would bubbyer ray deadly need to have on nick khan to get Roman to go to house of hardcore

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
it does make me sad to see Punk and Rhodes do mid watered down versions of their work in AEW and see people lose their minds for it

AEW 2 years ago was probably the best wrestling television ever made

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Everyone wants that sports-based feel

https://twitter.com/Cultaholic/status/1750142158466642135

I’ll believe it when I see it (I won’t see it)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

we are eating

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Which sport though

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

austin powers drinking fat bastards diarrhea bit but its quantum of phallus

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

*watching okada getting tossed out of the rumble by baron corbin* mmm.. nutty!!!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Why are the words "sports based product" in a completely different font from the rest of that tweet

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

any sports-based product containing less than 30% natural sports must adhere to strict labelling guidelines

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

*watching okada getting tossed out of the rumble by baron corbin* mmm.. nutty!!!

"Go back to PWG!"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Which sport though

Cricket. Matches can now take up multiple days

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

History Comes Inside! posted:

Which sport though

Curling. Braun is going to be sliding Ricochet down the entrance for a high score.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Punk shouldn’t headline Wrestlemania so I’m good with that.

As for WWE being more sports based, I can’t wait for the bald Twitter blue checks with goatees to rip into WWE for this since their criticism of other territories is they don’t know how to tell stories.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

More sports, less entertainment

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

fart blood posted:

Punk shouldn’t headline Wrestlemania so I’m good with that.

As for WWE being more sports based, I can’t wait for the bald Twitter blue checks with goatees to rip into WWE for this since their criticism of other territories is they don’t know how to tell stories.

Nah, wwe will absolutely “be doing it right”, and they will claim that if AEW had been doing it like wwe is doing it in three months, they might have actually liked AEW

(They would not have actually liked AEW)

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

rotinaj posted:

Nah, wwe will absolutely “be doing it right”, and they will claim that if AEW had been doing it like wwe is doing it in three months, they might have actually liked AEW

(They would not have actually liked AEW)

WWE loves the philosophy “tell don’t show” (like all great storytellers a thousand or so years, as we all know) so that tracks.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"Well you know, Cody... your dad never wrestled and lost to CM Punk at Wrestlemania..."

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ganso Bomb posted:

does anyone else actually think rankings in wrestling are actually good, and not confusing? i’ve always felt that way and think it’s super cool to watch Dirty Dominic Mysterio climb The Rankings

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Wrestlemania is now three days so that everyone gets a main event

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

By sports they mean UFC so get ready for a bunch of interim titles baby

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
bring back 205 Live when they made people do shoot weigh-ins

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Cody is the American Hirooki Goto

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JUNGLE BOY posted:

does anyone else actually think rankings in wrestling are actually good, and not confusing? i’ve always felt that way and think it’s super cool to watch Dirty Dominic Mysterio climb The Rankings

Rankings are great. At best it gives us compelling little stories and great long term booking. And if bookers gently caress it up and just want someone to go for a title you can just ignore them like every other combat sport.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Rankings are cool and if they’re based on win-loss records they’re the least confusing thing you can do.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

WWE has posted some Rumbles on their YouTube and watching 1994 has some fun little moments that are probably easily overlooked.

- Bob Backlund came SO CLOSE to accidentally eliminating Diesel during Diesel’s monster run of eliminations.
- Greg Valentine got a pretty wild pop for his entrance which I wasn’t expecting for Valentine in 1994.
- Tenryu chops the poo poo out of Luger. Bob Holly later tries to chop the poo poo out of Tenryu, maybe the beginning of Holly becoming a jerk who stiffs and bullies people? He was inspired by chops!
- Tenryu also hosed up a spot between Michaels and Jannetty which was pretty funny.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/WrestleOps/status/1750196778131931303?s=20

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Ganso Bomb posted:

WWE has posted some Rumbles on their YouTube and watching 1994 has some fun little moments that are probably easily overlooked.

- Bob Backlund came SO CLOSE to accidentally eliminating Diesel during Diesel’s monster run of eliminations.
- Greg Valentine got a pretty wild pop for his entrance which I wasn’t expecting for Valentine in 1994.
- Tenryu chops the poo poo out of Luger. Bob Holly later tries to chop the poo poo out of Tenryu, maybe the beginning of Holly becoming a jerk who stiffs and bullies people? He was inspired by chops!
- Tenryu also hosed up a spot between Michaels and Jannetty which was pretty funny.

In the 1995 Rumble the camera is focused on one of Well Dunn making their entrance and there’s a huge pop, but it’s because either Owen or Backlund were getting tossed out in the ring.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

The Rubber Chicken was a metaphor

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

CopywrightMMXI posted:

In the 1995 Rumble the camera is focused on one of Well Dunn making their entrance and there’s a huge pop, but it’s because either Owen or Backlund were getting tossed out in the ring.

Haha that’s fantastic. I think this one was just a Hammer pop but maybe something else was going on.

A couple other things - there’s a security guard front row across from the hard cam who is watching the match like 90% of the time instead of watching the crowd, and despite having two alternates earlier in the rumble nobody came out for one entrant because “that was supposed to be Bastion Booger but he got a little sick”.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Copey :(

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

Roman vs Rock has been building for 9 years when Roman got the rock booed

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Im loving the build to this three way and i seriously cannot loving wait to see the look on Brodie Lee Jrs face after they bail on it last minute

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Ganso Bomb posted:

Haha that’s fantastic. I think this one was just a Hammer pop but maybe something else was going on.

A couple other things - there’s a security guard front row across from the hard cam who is watching the match like 90% of the time instead of watching the crowd, and despite having two alternates earlier in the rumble nobody came out for one entrant because “that was supposed to be Bastion Booger but he got a little sick”.

I remember on the early Sunday show at the time (All American Wrestling?) they had a segment of Bastion Booger pulling his number and getting all excited because he got 28, only to be told that he had to draw again due to blabbing.

And really, that should have been the strategy of anyone who ever pulled a one-digit entry number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Cricket. Matches can now take up multiple days

Would Roman be a batsman, a bowler, a wicket-keeper, a wicket-keeper batsman or an all-rounder?