Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Lobok posted:

If some peaks of the Himalayans swapped around like a game of Three-cup Monte but it happened the day of the Superbowl the story would be on page A3.

Exactly. Not mentioning the Celestial might be the most realistic thing the MCU does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I'm guessing there was originally a whole plan for the arm growing out of the ocean, like it was gonna be the site of Kang's last battle with the Avengers or Doom's new HQ or something, but then the pandemic subsided just long enough for a long rear end strike and here we are.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Joe Fisto posted:

If the MCU is like the real world, people don’t care about world changing events if they don’t directly impact them. If Johnny Merican can’t see the weird arm, he doesn’t care.

They did something like that in the Sam Alexander Nova comic. It's set in like Arizona I believe and one of his teachers there didn't even believe in aliens. Which is loving wild to believe in the Marvel Universe. But you just know that's exactly what would happen.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i wouldn't be surprised if the celestial hand is something sharon carter is getting tech from in new order or whatever they're calling the new cap movie

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Joe Fisto posted:

If the MCU is like the real world, people don’t care about world changing events if they don’t directly impact them. If Johnny Merican can’t see the weird arm, he doesn’t care.

Some people started a church to worship Asgardians after it was revealed that ancient Norse is objectively the one true religion. But, other than that, the average random person doesn't seem to react to anything that happens except for the blip or New York being invaded.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Like I'm sure they will follow up on it, but the fact that it's gonna be years before they do so is the problem.

Oh also Shang Chi and the rings and him joining up with the Avengers.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
NGL, I'm not a fan of how they did Strange Supreme in the second season, I felt that he had learned his lesson by the end of Season 1, or was at least penitent.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It's Japanese spiderman's time to shine in what if.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They're apparently bringing back Bullseye for Born Again too

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Oh hope they bring back the same actor, that guy killed it

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

theironjef posted:

I'm guessing there was originally a whole plan for the arm growing out of the ocean, like it was gonna be the site of Kang's last battle with the Avengers or Doom's new HQ or something, but then the pandemic subsided just long enough for a long rear end strike and here we are.

It's rumored to play into the plot of Thunderbolts, fwiw

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SlimGoodbody posted:

Oh hope they bring back the same actor, that guy killed it

Same guy. He was great.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Azubah posted:

It's Japanese spiderman's time to shine in what if.

Italian spiderman

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

I'm surprised there hasn't been a Marvel Team-Up series yet. Audiences seem to love the crossover bits, and it would give them a chance to actually use some of rhe characters they've introduced.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

X-O posted:

I believe and one of his teachers there didn't even believe in aliens. Which is loving wild to believe in the Marvel Universe.

my brother, we live in an age where 6 out of every 10 Facebook commenters don't believe in space

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

my brother, we live in an age where 6 out of every 10 Facebook commenters don't believe in space

I used to work with a guy who believed in Aristotelian astrophysics. One of the few people I've met IRL who used the word "firmament" in a sentence.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

What is there to believe in? Space is literally nothing! Checkmate, liberals!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I was taught that nature abhors a vacuum so therefore the vacuum of space isn't real and space isn't either.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I was taught that nature abhors a vacuum so therefore the vacuum of space isn't real and space isn't either.

There's no nature out in space, bro. They just mean, like, pets don't like the sound.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If nature is a vacuum, why don't all the planets get sucked together?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

X-O posted:

Same guy. He was great.

That's so hard.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Gripweed posted:

If nature is a vacuum, why don't all the planets get sucked together?

If only Nancy Reagan was still alive...

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Jamesman posted:

If only Nancy Reagan was still alive...

She may be some kind of lich, kept in the tunnels below DC.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/DDevilUpdates/status/1751035049120563286
They're back.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
So happy with this.

Now please bring back literally everyone else from the Netflix shows. Yes, even Finn Jones, because he was given a poo poo hand to work with but I really wanna see what they were cooking after Season 2 of Iron Fist.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Apparently there's a rumor they wanna try Iron Fist again with a female lead (please god, please just do Colleen)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Colleen was the Iron Fist at the end of S2, and Danny had guns.

That'd be a pretty decent spot to start, just make Colleen Wing the main character.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
That teaser made me angry. After two boring stupid seasons to just go "and now we'll be entertaining! for ten seconds!" was worse than if they had just finished as they had begun

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Arist posted:

Apparently there's a rumor they wanna try Iron Fist again with a female lead (please god, please just do Colleen)

Oh cool a wuxia movie about the Pirate Queen of Pinghai Bay!

...who am I kidding marvel is allergic to doing anything interesting

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So does anyone understand what Echo's powers are now?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
She can call upon the collective abilities/skill sets of her ancestors, one of whom was some sort of magic demigod protohuman.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I like that they made her code name a reference to her literal heritage, and can even see the logic in letting her channel it through her family (even if it lead to a very inadvertently funny scene), but having literal healing powers seemed to come out of nowhere. That it wasn't even referenced until the last episode didn't help.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I want to see her in the future tap into her ancestors and use their power to do some difficult bead work. That shits hard.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

muscles like this! posted:

It was definitely weird but I just assumed he was a Viking explorer who ended up down in Alabama.

Vikings established themselves temporarily in at least Newfoundland so it's not far-fetched.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

glitchwraith posted:

I like that they made her code name a reference to her literal heritage, and can even see the logic in letting her channel it through her family (even if it lead to a very inadvertently funny scene), but having literal healing powers seemed to come out of nowhere. That it wasn't even referenced until the last episode didn't help.

Yeah having a line about her mom having healing powers earlier would have helped. A scene where other folks from town came out of her house after a healing session or something.

I wonder if and how they'll ever use her again. I doubt she'll turn up on Daredevil.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I thought the entire point of having an Echo show was so she would also show up in Daredevil?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

theironjef posted:

Yeah having a line about her mom having healing powers earlier would have helped. A scene where other folks from town came out of her house after a healing session or something.

Didn't they say that her mom was a healer?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

live with fruit posted:

Explicitly

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Earlier. I said earlier. As the previous poster mentioned it comes up very late in the episode run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

live with fruit posted:

They may have, but if so I took that to mean some kind of medical worker or caretaker, not someone literally healing people through supernatural means. Given how important the power is to the climax, it seems like something that should have been expanded on earlier.