Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

They’re saying that black people are too stupid to fly planes or tighten bolts and they’re going to get more open in their racism as time goes on because there are fewer and fewer well paying jobs and white people need to gatekeep them. The whole “lazy government workers” meme came into being as black people started entering civil service en masse because it was a way to get into the middle class that wasn’t actively discriminatory in hiring practices.

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1749934177548669218?s=46&t=48WuxJzhl6QogQUktl94fA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Thanks for posting that you jackass

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ATHs once again

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Frosted Flake posted:

They can't be allowed to because of the amount of military aircraft they're responsible for, including parts and maintenance.

The capability can't be lost, but on the other hand, it's ideologically impossible for the state to directly take control of it.

So the only solution is to just keep giving them money.

not entirely true, there's an alternative option to give them even more money to pinky-promise to gently caress up a different way next time

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Businesses are using loopholes in a poorly written 2016 Pennsylvania law to acquire municipal utilities and double service rates

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/politics-state/2024/01/24/pennsylvania-senate-puc-utilities-water-sewer-rates/stories/202401230077

quote:

Democratic senators led by Katie Muth of Montgomery County held a hearing Monday on the unintended consequences of Act 12 of 2016. Signed by then-Gov. Tom Wolf, the measure added a section to state law called “Valuation of acquired water and wastewater systems” that since then has helped set values for sales of assets that can be recovered from ratepayers.

At the hearing, residents told of rate increases of 90% or more following some sales, which they blamed on that law. Consumer Advocate Patrick Cicero told lawmakers he estimated state consumers were paying “$85 million more each year for water and wastewater service than they would have” without the law.

Bill Ferguson of New Garden Township, Chester County, told senators the law has set up a situation where municipalities are enticed by “a huge pot of money” to sell systems that may have problems but could be repaired without a sale at much less expense to ratepayers.

“Act 12 is all about money. Big money,” Mr. Ferguson said.

And David McMahon of Norristown, co-founder of a grass-roots group called Neighbors Opposing Privatization Efforts, or NOPE, told lawmakers that owners of small sewer and water systems already have the ability to finance repairs — and hence, the new value option is not needed.

In an interview, Michael Gallagher, a Butler County municipal attorney for 30 years, said that if the situation in Summit and Center townships there is a model, “The law just is not working.”

The law changed the method and timing for calculating the value of assets which, when purchased, may have their costs recovered from ratepayers. It gives sellers and buyers the option of using an alternative method to assess the “fair market value” of public water and sewer assets. That option includes not just the value of hard infrastructure but also market factors like their worth to a community.

Observers say the approach has led to much higher prices.

Mr. Gallagher represents Summit in a recently filed appeal to Commonwealth Court. The township is trying to reverse the state Public Utility Commission’s approval of a sale of the Butler Area Sewer Authority wastewater system, which serves about 15,000 customers in the city of Butler, Butler Township, and several other nearby municipalities including Summit and Center townships.

Pennsylvania utility prices are about to be reset for the winter
The $231.5 million deal will sell the system — currently owned by the authority formed in 1962 by the city of Butler and Butler Township — to Pennsylvania American Water, a subsidiary of Camden, N.J.-based American Water Works Co. The authority’s annual budget is about $13 million, while American Water Works has a stock market capitalization of about $26 billion.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

bedpan posted:

"quality focus day" means management giving hours of insincere talks about quality being #1 or some dreadful poo poo like that

You know there is a whole discipline in engineering/manufacturing that focuses on quality control. Did Boeing just gut that department?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

silentsnack posted:

not entirely true, there's an alternative option to give them even more money to pinky-promise to gently caress up a different way next time

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Raccooon posted:

You know there is a whole discipline in engineering/manufacturing that focuses on quality control. Did Boeing just gut that department?

Yes, otherwise this stuff wouldn't be making its way out of the factory.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nikki Haley was on Boeing's board and is definitely responsible in part for their planes shoddy quality and poor culture of success.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Nikki Haley was on Boeing's board

lol really?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

But, she treats libertarianism as natural law, and I realize she's been immersed in it her entire life and committed herself to the project, I have never seen her actually make the case for all of the assumptions built into her work.

As to roughly 80% of Americans involved in policy and media.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Hilldawg was on the board of walmart

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

PostNouveau posted:

:lol: the collapse of Blockbuster was right after they installed a CEO whose experience was Taco Bell and 7-Eleven

Nonsense posted:

Nikki Haley was on Boeing's board and is definitely responsible in part for their planes shoddy quality and poor culture of success.

lmao to learning both of these today

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

BOEING! is the sound the parts make when they fly off of the plane

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

next time I board a boeing plane, i guess that i'll buy the dip

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Hubbert posted:

next time I board a Boeing I guess that I'll buy the dip

Shouting “TO THE MOON!” over the other passengers screaming as the plane suddenly plummets from 30,000 feet in the air.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
trump pissing off boeing by using them to constantly talk poo poo about nikki haley is gonna be really funny

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

trump pissing off boeing by using them to constantly talk poo poo about nikki haley is gonna be really funny

Trump making GBS threads all over Boeing and their obvious corruption is going to be incredibly politically popular.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Twerk from Home posted:

Trump making GBS threads all over Boeing and their obvious corruption is going to be incredibly politically popular.

yeah and its funny

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Is the Odd Lots guy actually this stupid

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1750241913104425285

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

TSLA Q4 earnings just reported lower than expected, down a third from last year

all these people have to flatter power to enjoy their positions they hold, like Wolfers et al

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

One of the most unimaginably stupid takes of all time. Genuinely incredible

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

ProfessorBooty posted:

Big crashes mean big bailouts!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Yes.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
:elon:

*TESLA 4Q REVENUE $25.17B, ESTIMATE $25.87B (❌)

* TESLA 4Q EPS $0.71, ESTIMATE $0.74 (❌)

*TESLA 4Q GROSS MARGIN 17.6%, EST. 18.1% (❌)

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

touched 113 a year ago

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
buy the dip :elon:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

anime was right posted:

i got laid off lol

thanks jpow

lol i checked with the labor department and they may have unlawfully terminated me for retaliation

lets go baby

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

anime was right posted:

lol i checked with the labor department and they may have unlawfully terminated me for retaliation

lets go baby

Goonspeed, get their rear end

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

anime was right posted:

lets go baby

nice

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

anime was right posted:

lets go baby

hell yeah. did you ever loudly discuss working conditions with coworkers?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

webcams for christ posted:

hell yeah. did you ever loudly discuss working conditions with coworkers?

i requested formal medical leave 2 weeks before being laid off. it was the ONLY time i have requested medical leave. mind you i was part of a huge wave, but they were still making decisions after that moment. my performance reviews were in the top 2% of the company and i won an employee of the year award the year before this termination.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Who was the guy who left his rental in California, had his security deposit stolen and was harassed by a clearly mentally ill landlord, and was shocked when the judge issued a verdict in the landlord’s favor despite overwhelming evidence she was full of poo poo? Been thinking about that one lately

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Who was the guy who left his rental in California, had his security deposit stolen and was harassed by a clearly mentally ill landlord, and was shocked when the judge issued a verdict in the landlord’s favor despite overwhelming evidence she was full of poo poo? Been thinking about that one lately

He was all of us

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

anime was right posted:

i requested formal medical leave 2 weeks before being laid off. it was the ONLY time i have requested medical leave. mind you i was part of a huge wave, but they were still making decisions after that moment. my performance reviews were in the top 2% of the company and i won an employee of the year award the year before this termination.

get their asses. Dig into the CEO's layoff bonus

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Trump and Boeing already have a history

https://x.com/CNBC/status/1519382620639051776?s=20

quote:

Boeing’s deal for Air Force One, which was cut by then-CEO Dennis Muilenburg requires the company, not the federal government, to eat the costs of any overruns on the contract.

Art of the deal, baby :smugdon:

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

actionjackson posted:

that's true, though also there's a lot of good restaurants that make food way the gently caress better than i can so eh

i previously worked at a place where almost everyone did epic stuff (not me tho thank god) and they would get very excited talking about visiting epic in madison and their "amazing salad bar"

Every time I've been to Epic I just get disgusted about how much money they have and how they've spent it, but every single one of my coworkers have been are 'wow, a slide?! a barn-themed building?? how wacky!!'

Like, there should not be a single school child that goes hungry in the entire state of Wisconsin, considering how much money Judy has spent on *~whimsical~* art alone

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

flapyojacks? maybe?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Planning to go feral on your tenants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

silicone thrills posted:

flapyojacks? maybe?

yeah that guy

hope his move to Europe went well :pray: