Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022
"We've investigated ourselves and found we did nothing wrong."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

All of this has been said many times already to Koos, and they simply refuse to listen or change anything. They continue to make the same mistakes again and again, stifling yet more debate (in the D&D subforum of all places) and they drive yet more people away from this subforum and site.

Ergo: They are the problem, and they need to have their moderator powers removed ASAP

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?

fuctifino posted:

PMs haven't solved anything, except waste the time of the people sending them to you and feeding yet more of your shallow ego. This stuff needs to be talked about now, because your bullshit has gone on for long enough. Too many good posters have been driven away by your pettiness.

e2a: I stopped even reading your PM replies to me because I didn't want you to waste any more of my time, nor did I want to feed your bureaucratic ego. Read the room. Read the forum. People want you to gently caress off.

100% agreed. The moderation here is absurd and leads to an I/P thread that consists primarily of nitpicking discussions about issues that only tangentially relate to the conflict. If that's the sort of discussion the rules are intended to foster, then the rules are poo poo and should be changed.

I used to read this forum because it was a good source of information that doesn't appear in mainstream media, but at this point the lunatic tankies in CSPAM do a better job of that.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Esran posted:

Regarding what the PM of (Houthi) Yemen said in the interview, I can't help but notice how his argumentation is exactly the opposite of how western polticians talk about any large problem, most notably climate change.

He's saying that people who argue that the US and aligned countries have the muscle to force their will on countries like Yemen, but if everyone thinks that way and give up preemptively, no one will ever be liberated.

I mean, bold statement for an Iranian client to take.

Lol also the rewriting of history so that it was the USSR that saved Egypt in the Suez Canal crisis and not the US, because that's obviously a bit of a problem for his thesis.

Hong XiuQuan
Feb 19, 2008

"Without justice for the Palestinians there will be no peace in the Middle East."
If you guys want to have a discussions on semantics or proper behaviour by those in authority, how about looking at how the NY Times reports on I/P instead of a massive derail about the moderation of a forum

https://x.com/mehdirhasan/status/1750243772280029243?s=20

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

fuctifino posted:

PMs haven't solved anything, except waste the time of the people sending them to you and feeding yet more of your shallow ego. This stuff needs to be talked about now, because your bullshit has gone on for long enough. Too many good posters have been driven away by your pettiness.

e2a: I stopped even reading your replies to me because I didn't want you to waste any more of my time, nor did I want to feed your bureaucratic ego. Read the room. Read the forum. People want you to gently caress off.

There've been quite a few occasions where PM conversations with me have resolved issues to the satisfaction of the users who sent them, including report appeals, punishment appeals, and general feedback and questions. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by pettiness or ego, but shorter probations over relatively minor or petty infractions are performed for the sake of consistency, fairness and showing what is and isn't against the rules.

Jaxyon posted:

Either start publishing your PMs or this is just a way to avoid accountability.

That would obviously require consent of the person PMing, but I would be willing to put a digest of PMs in feedback threads from users who express a wish to have theirs included.

socialsecurity posted:

Keeping all discussion of moderations and rules private is terrible for a community.

I don't keep all discussion of moderation and rules private. It's why I have feedback threads, and why SA has the leper's colony. It's also why I include descriptions of reasoning for all the rules, so that users can know the intent behind them and use that to discuss when they should be changed.

fuctifino posted:

All of this has been said many times already to Koos, and they simply refuse to listen or change anything. They continue to make the same mistakes again and again, stifling yet more debate (in the D&D subforum of all places) and they drive yet more people away from this subforum and site.

Ergo: They are the problem, and they need to have their moderator powers removed ASAP

I'm perfectly willing to change rules and policies if I see a good reason to, and have done so before.

Gnumonic posted:

100% agreed. The moderation here is absurd and leads to an I/P thread that consists primarily of nitpicking discussions about issues that only tangentially relate to the conflict. If that's the sort of discussion the rules are intended to foster, then the rules are poo poo and should be changed.

I used to read this forum because it was a good source of information that doesn't appear in mainstream media, but at this point the lunatic tankies in CSPAM do a better job of that.

Being a good source of less common or harder to find information is one of my top priorities in D&D, so if the rules or moderation policies aren't fostering or are getting in the way of that, I would agree wholeheartedly that they should be changed.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

You claim to have worked wonders via PM with your moderation so far, yet here we are with everyone speaking out about the issue criticising you, and nobody other than yourself defending you.

You must be able to see that you are the problem here? Your petty moderation serves no purpose. It doesn't help the thread. All it does it drive posters away, and you foster a toxic environment where circulatory bullshit arguments drown out any actual real news about the conflict.

Surely you must have enough loving self awareness to realise that you are the problem? Right?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kalit posted:

I gave a specific example of why I don’t trust a news source. Stop making assumptions.

What news sources do you trust? People have already pointed out (like Hong XiuQuan in the last few posts) how the most prominent US media does stuff that is even more blatantly absurd that what you see in the likes of, say, RT.

How do you draw the line between something that is merely "sometimes flawed but generally trustworthy" (which is presumably how you think of the media people post that you don't object to) and something that is "propaganda that people shouldn't even be given a platform"?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Koos Group posted:

I don't keep all discussion of moderation and rules private. It's why I have feedback threads, and why SA has the leper's colony. It's also why I include descriptions of reasoning for all the rules, so that users can know the intent behind them and use that to discuss when they should be changed.

I'm perfectly willing to change rules and policies if I see a good reason to, and have done so before.

I don't see a feedback thread now so :shrug: guess I'll just suggest it here

You could probably just drop the martial law on this thread and catch a lot less flak. People generally don't raise much of a stink about 6ers vs. whole days.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

I don't see a feedback thread now so :shrug: guess I'll just suggest it here

You could probably just drop the martial law on this thread and catch a lot less flak. People generally don't raise much of a stink about 6ers vs. whole days.

You'd actually be surprised. It's a long-running joke in the mod forum that people get more angry over sixers than longer punishments. But we've been considering dropping the martial law here anyway, so this might be a good time to do it.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
I agree with all the users protesting my unjust probation. In Israel-Palestine news, the AP is reporting that Israel proposed a peace deal that Hamas rejected:

-Two months of ceasefire
-All Israeli hostages released
-Some amount of Palestinian prisoners released (at this point I think it's more than fair to call them hostages too)
-Hamas leadership allowed to leave for other countries

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1749872547296935987

Unfortunately I can't find an article that describes both the deal and Hamas rejecting it - just this post.

I can see why Hamas didn't take the deal. Their only assets in this war are the hostages and international goodwill, and the international goodwill has so far achieved nothing while the hostages create enormous internal pressure for Israel to make a deal. If they're going to survive - as a political entity or literally survive the Israeli genocide campaign - they'll need to trade the hostages for a total end to the war, which is what the AP report says they counter-demanded.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

Alchenar posted:

I mean, bold statement for an Iranian client to take.

Lol also the rewriting of history so that it was the USSR that saved Egypt in the Suez Canal crisis and not the US, because that's obviously a bit of a problem for his thesis.

I don't expect you to agree, considering the opinions you've expressed in this thread, but it's pretty ridiculous of you to imply that the leader of a country is talking poo poo because he thinks Iran will protect him from the US, when that country is currently being bombed by the US.

It is not "rewriting of history" when people disagree on what happened. The US put economic pressure on the UK, while the USSR armed Egypt and threatened to bomb Britain, France and Israel.

While it is likely that it was the US pressure that caused Britain to back down, it isn't exactly "rewriting of history" for people in the region to credit the USSR for helping to end the conflict. You might also consider the very obvious reasons the leader of a country currently being bombed by the US might want to emphasize the aid of the USSR over the aid of the US in resolving the Suez crisis.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't see how you could end the war by giving away the only form of power you have.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Not that it takes away from his broader case much but I would argue that if you're on the defensive side, achieving a status quo ante bellum as the South with their allies did in the Korean War, cannot be called a defeat. Sure they'd have liked to knock over the North and reunify Korea, but the main objective was preserving the Seoul regime and ensuring that the North couldn't knock over the South, which was achieved in full.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
There is literally no point to giving away thr hostages for a temporary ceasefire. They give up all their leverage and then get bombed in two months with nothing left to hold Israel back at all? Simply not a serious proposal

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
Yeah, considering how Israel can at most be said to be at a stalemate, if not outright losing the military conflict, that deal isn't in Palestine's interest at all.

Israel gets:

Hostages
Time to recover and rearm
Time to further attempt to starve the population of Gaza

Hamas gets:

A two month staycation in the rubble before the genocide resumes?

Edit: By losing, I mean Israel isn't achieving either of its goals: Eradicating Hamas, or ethnically cleansing the Gaza Strip. In the meantime, they're severely hurting their own economy.

Esran fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 24, 2024

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
"You give up all the hostages, and we stop bombing for 2 months" sounds a lot like an offer to allow Israel to flatten Gaza without concern two months from now.

I can see why they'd refuse it, especially when we're days out from a preliminary ruling that could either force Israel to stop, or make Israel an international pariah state. Makes no sense not to wait and see.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

And that's assuming Israel actually uphold the 2 month ceasefire instead of a week later, resuming leveling all of Gaza with some loophole wording ("While we agreed to a ceasefire, we did not say anything about leveling buildings with set charges").

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

Randalor posted:

And that's assuming Israel actually uphold the 2 month ceasefire instead of a week later, resuming leveling all of Gaza with some loophole wording ("While we agreed to a ceasefire, we did not say anything about leveling buildings with set charges").

This seems like what would happen.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
Most likely this deal exists so we can get headlines about how Hamas rejected a ceasefire. I'd be very surprised if Israel actually expected Hamas to agree to this.

Also hasn't Israel been claiming that the leaders of Hamas are already living billionaire lifestyles abroad, to try to make the organization seem hypocritical? It must be other leaders they're offering free passage out of Gaza to.

Esran fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 24, 2024

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Randalor posted:

I think they will probably wait the 2 months, after that 2 months though they will use their refreshed and prepared army to flatten Gaza once and for all, this is a bad deal.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Unfortunately I can't find an article that describes both the deal and Hamas rejecting it - just this post.

Here is the full article.
https://apnews.com/article/israel-palestinians-gaza-hamas-war-ceasefire-505d0ea433bd94188c4c292fd6e63389

It goes into more detail about diplomatic efforts behind the scenes. It also gives this appraisal of the proposed truce.

quote:

COULD A TRUCE BRING AN END TO THE WAR?
In the short term, that appears unlikely.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said Israel will continue with the offensive until a “final victory” achieves all of its goals. He expects the war to last throughout 2024 and has resisted calls from the U.S. and other allies to lay out a clear postwar plan for Gaza.

But a sustained pause could make it difficult for Israel to resume the fighting, especially as the world learns more about the full extent of the damage to Gaza’s people and infrastructure. Mediators also hope it could provide a foundation for further understandings between the enemies.

Israel’s public has overwhelmingly supported the war effort so far. But the slow pace of the offensive and mounting death toll of Israeli soldiers risks softening that support.

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

Hong XiuQuan posted:

If you guys want to have a discussions on semantics or proper behaviour by those in authority, how about looking at how the NY Times reports on I/P instead of a massive derail about the moderation of a forum

https://x.com/mehdirhasan/status/1750243772280029243?s=20

My national, tax-financed news did the exact same loving thing and it drives me crazy. Why the gently caress is it so hard to say Israel tanks killed 9 people?

HazCat
May 4, 2009

go play outside Skyler posted:

My national, tax-financed news did the exact same loving thing and it drives me crazy. Why the gently caress is it so hard to say Israel tanks killed 9 people?

It's almost like Western media is biased.

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

go play outside Skyler posted:

HazCat posted:

The article actually states why:

quote:

U.N. officials did not say explicitly who had fired on the shelter, but said it was hit by tank rounds; only Israel uses tanks in the conflict. The Israeli Defense Force later said it was looking into the possibility that Hamas had hit the building.

“After an examination of our operational systems, the I.D.F. has currently ruled out that this incident is a result of an aerial or artillery strike by the I.D.F.” the military said in a statement. “A thorough review of the operations of the forces in the vicinity is underway.”
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/01/24/world/israel-hamas-gaza-news

Yes, we all know it as Israel, the NY Times also knows it was Israel, but until there is explicit confirmation from a source, they should not put that in the headline. Western media is, of course, biased, but there are also good journalistic reasons sometimes.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

HazCat posted:

The genius of Western propaganda is that it is able to convince people that it isn't propaganda. Otherwise non-gullible people are able to suspend their disbelief that outlets like the NYT operate nearly "objectively."

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

rkd_ posted:

The article actually states why:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/01/24/world/israel-hamas-gaza-news

Yes, we all know it as Israel, the NY Times also knows it was Israel, but until there is explicit confirmation from a source, they should not put that in the headline. Western media is, of course, biased, but there are also good journalistic reasons sometimes.

"Listen, we know this looks bad for us, but we're trying REALLY hard to figure out a way to blame this on Hamas"?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

An article on US, Egypt and Qatar efforts to come up with a peace plan that they'd like Israel to accept.
https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/u-s-pushes-hostage-release-plan-aimed-at-ending-gaza-war-d48b27e1

quote:

A Qatari official said the Gulf state “continues to communicate with all parties with the objective of mediating an immediate end to the bloodshed, protecting the lives of innocent civilians, securing the release of hostages, and facilitating the unimpeded delivery of humanitarian aid to Gaza.”
The mediators have proposed a 90-day plan that would first pause fighting for an unspecified number of days for Hamas to first release all Israeli civilian hostages, while Israel would release hundreds of Palestinians that Israel has imprisoned, withdraw forces from Gaza’s towns and cities, allow freedom of movement in the Gaza Strip, end drone surveillance and double the amount of aid going into the enclave, according to the plan.
In the second phase, Hamas would free female Israeli soldiers and turn over bodies while Israel would release more Palestinians. A third phase would involve the release of Israeli soldiers and fighting-age men Hamas considers soldiers, according to Egyptian officials, while Israel would redeploy some of its forces outside the current borders of the Gaza Strip.
[...]
Also on the table: the formation of an international fund for the reconstruction of Gaza, and safety guarantees for Hamas political leaders, Egyptian officials said.
The plan then envisions talks for a permanent cease-fire, normalization of relations between Israel and Arab countries like Saudi Arabia and the relaunching of a process to create a Palestinian state, Egyptian officials said.
This seems substantially pretty similar to the temporary ceasefire deal that Hamas is likely to continue rejecting. At best you might imagine that the 2-state solution and reconstruction aspects might be brought forward to the initial deal - Israel would obviously hate this but if it were in exchange for exactly Hamas agreeing to dismantle itself to some degree there could maybe be some common ground that could be reached. It would be very hard to have an arrangement that both parties could trust though, given the lack of any third party intermediary that both would trust.

There is an interesting aside later on about a rift in Hamas leadership:

quote:

On the other side is Hamas’s political leadership outside of Gaza. Based in Doha, these officials have led the talks with Qatar and Egypt, are vying to keep Hamas relevant after the war ends and have indicated a willingness to demilitarize in Gaza—something Sinwar vehemently opposes, the Egyptian officials said.
Israel opposes a role for Hamas in any future Gaza government and has also expressed opposition to suggestions that the secular Palestinian Authority, which rules the West Bank, should run the Gaza Strip, as the U.S. envisions.
Sinwar and Hamas’s political leader in Doha, Ismail Haniyeh, haven’t communicated directly in almost a month, the officials said. That has made progress on a deal difficult, they said.
The fact that the political element of Hamas is willing to demilitarize is interesting, although I don't think Israel will accept any future political role for Hamas even if it's no longer an armed group and it's unlikely Hamas would voluntarily be shut out entirely.

In other news the ICJ will give its judgment on South Africa's application for provisional measures on Friday.
https://twitter.com/CIJ_ICJ/status/1750206652295303313
The result will be legally binding but in practice unenforceable. A judgment against Israel could be a trigger for some countries to take more concrete action though.

Randalor posted:

This didn't happen last time, and I assume it wouldn't under this hypothetical deal either as if Israel breaks the ceasefire then Hamas can just stop releasing hostages. They would absolutely just go back to destroying Gaza after 2 months though.

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

socialsecurity posted:

I think they will probably wait the 2 months, after that 2 months though they will use their refreshed and prepared army to flatten Gaza once and for all, this is a bad deal.

They wouldn't wait 2 months, they can't help themselves, they couldn't even with the few days before for hostage releases. Plus, most of their attention would just shift to the West Bank (where there's been more violence)

MadSparkle fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jan 24, 2024

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Irony Be My Shield posted:

In other news the ICJ will give its judgment on South Africa's application for provisional measures on Friday.
https://twitter.com/CIJ_ICJ/status/1750206652295303313
The result will be legally binding but in practice unenforceable. A judgment against Israel could be a trigger for some countries to take more concrete action though.

In case it helps fellow Western-Hemispherers, 1 PM Friday for the Hague is 7 AM Friday EST, 6 AM CST, 4 AM PST etc.

Cautiously optimistic for a judgement against Israel.

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

Kinda an aside, but how exactly does Gaza get rebuilt?

Like even assuming that the war stops immediately and things return roughly to pre-war levels of cross border aid and supplied energy/water. Isn't the quantity of construction supplies, equipment, and capacity to repair the 70%+ of buildings that have been damaged or destroyed absolutely insane? Won't Israel be strongly limiting importing or heavily scrutinizing every truckload to minimize the smuggling of potential weaponry, and given the amount of supplies needed, the potential for smuggling will be substantial? And youd want to be basically doing it as much in parallel and as fast as possible because there are millions of displaced persons who need homes again. Plus you'd probably want to import a ton of skilled construction labor. And its not just the houses all the roads and infrastructure was also blown up and also demolishing unsafe buildings and removing rubble etc etc etc.

A straight return to the pre-war status quo seems like it would leave Gaza mostly destroyed and broadly unlivable for the indefinite future.

National Parks
Apr 6, 2016
The fact that Israel would refuse to end the war, instead offering a 2 month ceasfire, says a lot about how committed they are to the genocide and destruction of Gaza. They know this is one of the last chances before the mask fully slides off.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
What’s up I heard we were dunking on Hitler 3

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

celadon posted:

Kinda an aside, but how exactly does Gaza get rebuilt?

Like even assuming that the war stops immediately and things return roughly to pre-war levels of cross border aid and supplied energy/water. Isn't the quantity of construction supplies, equipment, and capacity to repair the 70%+ of buildings that have been damaged or destroyed absolutely insane? Won't Israel be strongly limiting importing or heavily scrutinizing every truckload to minimize the smuggling of potential weaponry, and given the amount of supplies needed, the potential for smuggling will be substantial? And youd want to be basically doing it as much in parallel and as fast as possible because there are millions of displaced persons who need homes again. Plus you'd probably want to import a ton of skilled construction labor. And its not just the houses all the roads and infrastructure was also blown up and also demolishing unsafe buildings and removing rubble etc etc etc.

A straight return to the pre-war status quo seems like it would leave Gaza mostly destroyed and broadly unlivable for the indefinite future.

There is no plan. this is one of the key reasons people call it a genocide.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Seems like there's no real incentive for Hamas to accept a deal while Israel is currently losing the war. Anything less than full removal of IDF forces in Gaza and an all for all prisoner exchange wouldn't make sense strategically. As long as the hostages stay in Gaza, the pressure will keep mounting on netanyahu and his coalition will grow more fragile. They can't achieve their goals militarily, so the situation only favours Hamas at the moment.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Even that doesn't seem favourable, if they give up the hostages there is no leverage. Short of some material guarantee of outside enforcement against Israel or military aid I don't see why they would voluntarily give up anything. You can't negotiate without a position of material strength.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Seems like there's no real incentive for Hamas to accept a deal while Israel is currently losing the war.

Could you expand on how they’re “losing”? Israel essentially has control of half of Gaza and has murdered over twenty thousand Gazans.

Don’t get me wrong, I wish that wasn’t the case. But I’m still in awe when I hear ridiculous claims like this. I’m guessing the only reason they haven’t bombed every square inch of Gaza is because of external pressure from other [allied] countries, such as the US

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Gazan rubble salvage and repurposing is actually quite sophisticated for, uh, obvious reasons. Which isn't to say they won't be in desperate need of more material when Israel backs off.

There was a particularly in depth article from... 2019, I want to say.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Kalit posted:

Could you expand on how they’re “losing”? Israel essentially has control of half of Gaza and has murdered over twenty thousand Gazans.

Don’t get me wrong, I wish that wasn’t the case. But I’m still in awe when I hear ridiculous claims like this. I’m guessing the only reason they haven’t bombed every square inch of Gaza is because of external pressure from other countries, such as the US

You don't 'control' area in a guerrilla war and the fact Israel keeps claiming they are is one sign that they are losing (because they have no other achievements to speak of). They claimed they had control of the North of Gaza and within hours Hamas was firing missiles from there into Israel. Unless you have the capacity to actually hold territory (which Israel does not) you do not control it. Also, there are still at least tens of thousands of Palestinian civilians in the North of Gaza - Israel couldn't even complete their goal of forcing them to relocate to the South.

Murdering civilians is also not a sign you are winning a war. Arguably it's a sign of failure, because every missile or bomb or bullet spent on a civilian death is one not being used to meet war goals. It is furthering Israel's goal of genocide, but that is not the same as winning the war.

At any rate, you can just look at Israel's stated goals and see that they are losing the war:
1. Rescue the hostages - Israel has shown zero ability to achieve this unilaterally and are being forced to negotiate, and that at a disadvantage.
2. Destroy Hamas leadership - even Israeli press is reporting that Israel has failed at this.
3. Forcibly relocate Gazans - larger and larger numbers of Gazan civilians have been refusing to relocate (in part because Israel has a bad habit of telling people 'go to [place] to be safe' and then bombing [place].

Israel's actions have also destroyed all progress on normalization with the Arab regimes, and has materially harmed their economy, and lead to millions of their citizens fleeing the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

Kalit posted:

Don’t get me wrong, I wish that wasn’t the case. But I’m still in awe when I hear ridiculous claims like this. I’m guessing the only reason they haven’t bombed every square inch of Gaza is because of external pressure from other [allied] countries, such as the US

I would call retreating your forces without having achieved any of your strategic goals losing. The ability of Hamas to launch rockets into Israel hasn't been meaningfully degraded, the hostages have not been rescued. People are already returning to the areas IDF is pulling out of.