Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Even if this doesn't work out, this tells me that ownership is willing to try.

That hasn't been the case in two decades.

I'm so happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Still staking out my hot take that he's gonna flop after a decade out of the league, especially if he's still married to Roman as OC

Minter is the most appealing part of the package to me but he could have an uphill battle from the jump given the personnel/cap situation in LA

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Who is Brandon Staley related to?

Old boys club is a form of nepotism. McDaniels and Staley are Shanny tree (defensive lol) guys. Hiring his poo poo rear end after years of garbage defense with the chargers is dumb

Also congrats Ross and Ohio State fans

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

a neat cape posted:

Even if this doesn't work out, this tells me that ownership is willing to try.

That hasn't been the case in two decades.

I'm so happy

I mean if it doesn’t work out the lesson it will teach is never try

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

xbilkis posted:

Still staking out my hot take that he's gonna flop after a decade out of the league, especially if he's still married to Roman as OC

Minter is the most appealing part of the package to me but he could have an uphill battle from the jump given the personnel/cap situation in LA

Yeah. It's worth a shot of course, but not many coaches do the same or better in their second stint and that's without factoring in a decade off and his personality issues in the past. (And he's never overseen a prolific passing attack at any level. The closest being late SF Alex Smith or Stanford Luck) I think he'll probably crash, but it's definitely worth a shot.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

gently caress yes i am ready to love a harbaugh weirdo

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BlindSite posted:

Congrats ross

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

a neat cape posted:

is this real

Harbaugh's a roller coaster of a coach, hope he brings you guys a ton of success and not much drama. Congrats!

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

kiimo posted:

Welp. I hated him once. I guess I can hate him again.

Seriously, he just went from “weirdo freak” to “persona non grata.”

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Congrats man

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

grats ross, i hate your team&coach with a passion.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Woozie66 posted:

Yeah. It's worth a shot of course, but not many coaches do the same or better in their second stint and that's without factoring in a decade off and his personality issues in the past. (And he's never overseen a prolific passing attack at any level. The closest being late SF Alex Smith or Stanford Luck) I think he'll probably crash, but it's definitely worth a shot.

They didn’t have long breaks in between but Carroll, Belichick, and Reid all did better in their second stint. Harbaugh is a good coach because he’s psychologically committed to excellence and is generally willing to move on from things that aren’t working. I think he will be good, especially since QB is a solved problem.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Congrats ross

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Oh wow looks like I was right that he's a useless shithead hired just to be a yes man and doesn't bring loving anything to the team himself and boy now I'm really malding he wasn't loving fired this offseason go gently caress yourself lurie.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Now the dominoes should really start falling.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Woozie66 posted:

He's only ever had personality issues with Trent Baalke. Sure didn't seem like he had personality issues as Michigan has scrambled to keep him for a decade, and I don't recall any personality issues with San Diego or Stanford.

And it's not like he took a decade off and just didn't do anything. He's been in football the entire time, coaching.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Murderers row of coaches in the AFC West

Super Bowl Winner Andy Reid
Super Bowl Winner Sean Payton
NCAA Winner and perennial COTY candidate Jim Harbaugh
Raiders

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Murderers row of coaches in the AFC West

Super Bowl Winner Andy Reid
Super Bowl Winner Sean Payton
NCAA Winner and perennial COTY candidate Jim Harbaugh
Raiders

Tbf, any coach that can recapture the old Raiders mentality will bring a violent team anywhere.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Oh wow looks like I was right that he's a useless shithead hired just to be a yes man and doesn't bring loving anything to the team himself and boy now I'm really malding he wasn't loving fired this offseason go gently caress yourself lurie.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a neat cape posted:

He's only ever had personality issues with Trent Baalke. Sure didn't seem like he had personality issues as Michigan has scrambled to keep him for a decade, and I don't recall any personality issues with San Diego or Stanford.

And it's not like he took a decade off and just didn't do anything. He's been in football the entire time, coaching.

Jed York doesn't count?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Wasn't there some bumpy stuff with Michigan admin people too? Googling it looks like there were at least rumors that he and the AD didn't get along

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Jed York doesn't count?

Okay, Baalke and York. The Niners front office.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Jim Harbaugh is going to have friction literally anywhere he goes, that's just the kind of guy he is. It doesn't matter as long as the Owner and GM don't try to sabotage him, he's a great coach.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a neat cape posted:

Okay, Baalke and York. The Niners front office.

I bring up Jed because of that one story about the door and "Men only."

If he pulls a similar stunt on Spanos...

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

BlindSite posted:

Congrats ross

gently caress I'm so stoked, I love Harbaugh as an NFL coach. Someone post the old Wonder woman Harbaugh gif. God I love that giant weirdo, he's pure entertainment and an actual good coach

xbilkis posted:

Wasn't there some bumpy stuff with Michigan admin people too? Googling it looks like there were at least rumors that he and the AD didn't get along

They made him take a paycut at one point so of course there's gonna be some friction

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1750315416990502942?s=20

Wow. Jim is bringing his DC and S&C coach. Huge!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

I bring up Jed because of that one story about the door and "Men only."

If he pulls a similar stunt on Spanos...

Nah Spanos issue is that he's cheap, not that he meddles. If anything fans complain he doesn't meddle enough. It's sort of an ideal spot for Harbaugh

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I like to think Harbaugh has learned from his Niners tenure to not be a complete dick to ownership.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

found it

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

OneMoreTime posted:

I like to think Harbaugh has learned from his Niners tenure to not be a complete dick to ownership.

lol

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Ya but he’s got the same last name as the qb—could this lead to confusion and friction within the building??

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

I mean you can't really generalize that Harbaugh has issues with every owner. he specifically had issues with a very young Jed York and Trent Baalke trying to meddle. The fact that the 49ers immediately poo poo the bed once Harbaugh left and were forced to revamp the whole front office and CEO power dynamic in order to get Shanahan should tell you where the fault lies. He had zero issues at Stanford and most of his Michigan issues were when the team wasn't playing well.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Harbaugh remanking that S&C and hopefully medical staff feels major as hiring him. They've been consistently injured to poo poo forever.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

For a moment I was thinking, "Why is Harbaugh bringing Herbert when Justin is already on the team?"

:downs:

Pontius Pilate posted:

Ya but he’s got the same last name as the qb—could this lead to confusion and friction within the building??

GODDAMMIT

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Man I thought when the Chargers held onto Staley last year and didn't go after Payton they royally hosed themselves. Harbs is an amazing hire all things considered. Stoked to see his crazy rear end again and have the Chargers be relevant.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Asproigerosis posted:

Amazing the coaches out there that were available and the Eagles decide to stick with The Idiot

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I hate woody johnson so loving much

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

mcmagic posted:

I hate woody johnson so loving much

Let's be honest, Harbs was not going to the Jets over the Chargers or the Falcons. But they should've still made a run at him

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Adun posted:

Amazing the coaches out there that were available and the Eagles decide to stick with The Idiot

It's what makes it so especially egregious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Man I thought when the Chargers held onto Staley last year and didn't go after Payton they royally hosed themselves. Harbs is an amazing hire all things considered. Stoked to see his crazy rear end again and have the Chargers be relevant.
I hope the Bills embarrass themselves against the Chargers in the playoffs instead of the Chiefs next year.