Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Netflix isn't going to get the anime industry to change how it dubs series in Japan since they've gone back to in studio now after Covid restrictions hot lifted and Suzuko Mimori isn't a fluent enough English speaker to get English parts soooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

1glitch0 posted:

lol it's a wrestling school not a loving halfway house.

I dunno, he’s gonna need a halfway house after he tears his ACL doing CrossFit drills.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

1glitch0 posted:

lol it's a wrestling school not a loving halfway house.

Nope, Okada is coming to America with stars in his eyes and just a few possessions in a bindle bag on a stick without any help from anyone.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I'm still not convinced Okada even signs to an American company, but the thought of him signing to either WWE or AEW and witnessing the internet fan backlash is going to be hilarious

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Imagine thinking Shawn Michaels has anything to teach Okada after today's reports that Okada doesn't want to job for young guys on his way out.

https://twitter.com/TheComebackSpot/status/1750234661861638151

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Okada needs to shut up and sit down under theheartbreakkidshawnmichaelssssssssssss learning tree brother

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

“Learning tree” is somehow my least favorite broke brained wrestling fan colloquialism.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

“Learning tree” is somehow my least favorite broke brained wrestling fan colloquialism.

not the hill to die on

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Okada is a better wrestler and entertainer than Shawn Michaels ever was.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
FEUD OF THE YEAR

https://twitter.com/WrestlingIsKing/status/1750315346408374365

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

It always reminds me of a early-internet-wrestling-news-site column called The Learning Tree that was an advice column written in the voice of the Undertaker circa summer 1999 when he was kind of sliding from Ministry of Darkness to American Badass and was cutting promos about abandoning Big Show to die in the desert bit by rattlesnakes and then Big Show making himself some rattlesnake boots and carrying three Harleys on his shoulders and etc.

I remember that being funny (but very dumb) so I try to impart a spark of that humor to the modern people being very dumb.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

It pains me to agree with the misogynist muppet guy here

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

So you find a better one and grab for the brass ring.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The puppet pretending to be mad about Orange Cassidy is a good bit too.

https://twitter.com/MovieMarvin/status/1750360692941566310

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
How has AEW existed for 5 years and there's still people that think Orange Cassidy's kicks are supposed to be actual offense that the opponent sells for?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

MassRafTer posted:

Extreme "I'M NOT HORNY" energy absolutely radiating from this one

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
"vile"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Extreme "I'M NOT HORNY" energy absolutely radiating from this one

What do you mean by this Erin

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I love how much Orange Cassidy acts as litmus test for how detached from reality a wrestling fan is. Like regardless of personal feelings on him he is objectively popular, and like it's not hard to see why if you have any awareness of what regular people find cool.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It is very fun watching the people who spend all day screaming about how "wrestling is the least important part of wrestling, story and character is the ONLY THING THAT MATTERS" who then turn around and drive themselves insane with anger over a guy whose entirely over because of his character work (and also the fact that he's a very good wrestler is basically a bonus on top of that)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Drakkel posted:

It is very fun watching the people who spend all day screaming about how "wrestling is the least important part of wrestling, story and character is the ONLY THING THAT MATTERS" who then turn around and drive themselves insane with anger over a guy whose entirely over because of his character work (and also the fact that he's a very good wrestler is basically a bonus on top of that)
Oc has done a spot where he pulls his glasses down to get a better look of something twice and I loved them both times.

One was when sunny kiss was twerking against billy gunn in a battle Royale

The other was when Sting did lazy king Kong chest pound while Darby was wrestling greg

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/julianwks/status/1750168074882335130

Kevin Nash, is that you?

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
When I think of weak and unthreatening people, I think of somebody who is essentially Ryan Reynolds from drive

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It's loving insane how well WWE's trained these people to despise wrestling. It's literally the whole loving point of the show but they hate it so goddamn much. Do they genuinely actually want a 3 hour show where people just stand in the ring talking and nothing else?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

cagliostr0 posted:

When I think of weak and unthreatening people, I think of somebody who is essentially Ryan Reynolds from drive

if Ryan Reynolds was in Drive that'd be a way different movie lol

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Anyone moaning about Orange Cassidy's ringwork after February 2020 and the PAC match is just saying "I don't watch the product"

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Alaois posted:

There's too many drat Ryans in Hollywood these days

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/gregdemarco44/status/1750392086409670817

Ha ha you see it means

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Alaois posted:

He'd have way more dialogue, and 90% of it would be some variation on "So...THAT just happened."

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Made the mistake of reading a Wrestling Inc recap for part of the show I missed last night, encountered this amazing comment:

a guy posting online at 4:22 am EST posted:

And no, the only 3 people that would be taller than me on the AEW roster is Lance Archer, Cass and Santam Singh.. Stop being triggered when someone tells the truth.. If TK focused more on building stars that look like adults instead of having Trent Barettas, Young Bucks, Nick Waynes, Adam Coles, Daniel Garcias, Pockets - They would be having way better ratings and attendance today..

I had no idea "actually I'm 7 foot tall and super jacked and handsome" was still a card people would pull to win online arguments.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A Fancy Hat posted:

I had no idea "actually I'm 7 foot tall and super jacked and handsome" was still a card people would pull to win online arguments.

I didn't know Jack Reacher was a wrestling fan.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Only 29 minutes on smackdown? That's crazy. How do people not get bored out of their minds?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Duke Pukem posted:

Only 29 minutes on smackdown? That's crazy. How do people not get bored out of their minds?

They're programmed not to

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Duke Pukem posted:

They don't really like wrestling so that may be the reason

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Guillermus posted:

They don't really like wrestling so that may be the reason

They just love the worst fiction in tv history.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Duke Pukem posted:

Genuinely don't think they pay attention to it and are mostly on their phones retweeting takes or just rephrasing other takes they see.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Jagnarok/status/1750394447760683116

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Drakkel posted:

It's loving insane how well WWE's trained these people to despise wrestling. It's literally the whole loving point of the show but they hate it so goddamn much. Do they genuinely actually want a 3 hour show where people just stand in the ring talking and nothing else?

They want a show they can skip completely and follow through corporate highlight accounts and blue checks with names like @BloodlineFan4Eva without feeling like they missed anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This idiot has almost 400k followers, amazing.