Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

012224_2
Jan 23, 2024
literally never in trouble ever and they're like 90 years old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

012224_2
Jan 23, 2024
and yesterday was not enough to get them in trouble internally, other than a memo from the boss or something

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Don't come into Parent thread, you had a warm welcome in Doomsday Econ, go there. This place is sacred is for babies. Do not return

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

KirbyKhan posted:

Don't come into Parent thread, you had a warm welcome in Doomsday Econ, go there. This place is sacred is for babies. Do not return

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

KirbyKhan posted:

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

012224_2 posted:

right yeah that never happens to these people

i'm sorry you couldn't become a goon like the field mice

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

took more than a year but it finally happened: both kids sick at the same time

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Same though. Both have seen worse illnesses in recent memory, this one is just enough to gently caress up the baby's sleep and make me and my wife miserable all day without making us sick enough that we'd have to call out sick from work or call in grandparents for childcare help or anything

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

lobster shirt posted:

oh man, we had a night of both kids, both of us, and the dog, all sick

we had to call our friends to bring in more towels. we ran out of towels

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Infant is over moms flu that she got from me. Toddler boy came out unscathed, no sniffles.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Our girl is on the mend but wife and I are down.

Just have to pull out of it before vacation next week.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Our kids have been watching a thing called Danny Go on youtube. They like to dance to it before we get ready for school. Honestly, all of the songs are really loving good. Highly recommend.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
haven't been sick all month. truly blessed.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Greg Legg posted:

Our kids have been watching a thing called Danny Go on youtube. They like to dance to it before we get ready for school. Honestly, all of the songs are really loving good. Highly recommend.

Danny Go owns. My favorites are when he clearly uses some 3d model only because it's in some library of free assets. Couple times the end of his song has a gigantic Pig or Squirrel with a jarring half life 2 quality.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Sub pump is clogged with ice, so what was supposed to be a relaxing day while owlett was at Grandma's turned into a stressful one of me trying to clean water out of the basement.
Now baby is home, and the dog is throwing up.

Advil, save me.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Greg Legg posted:

yeah i like danny go

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
None of us have been sick since November. I'm waiting for the karmic hammer to fall and for us to get cholera and herpes

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

HootTheOwl posted:

Sub pump is clogged with ice, so what was supposed to be a relaxing day while owlett was at Grandma's turned into a stressful one of me trying to clean water out of the basement.
Now baby is home, and the dog is throwing up.

Advil, save me.

Yeah I'm trying to figure out what to do about this too. gently caress houses.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Toddler boy got a science kit for Christmas. I run these science lessons with an iron fist like my community college chem classes. 2 hours of lecture for every 1 hours of activity. You are watching the Magic School Bus, the Yo Gabba Gabba, and the Meekah color mixing videos and you will recite the colors before we move on.

The first demonstration they will not touch the flask, the test tube, or beaker. The cap goes on every time, the name of the container is recited every time, the funnel is used They can watch from the confines of their respective baby cage. But all that hard rear end scaffolding is paying off, lil guy has been pouring water between each container like a champ.

My wife calls me a fascist. She's right!

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

Woke Mind Virus posted:

Danny Go owns. My favorites are when he clearly uses some 3d model only because it's in some library of free assets. Couple times the end of his song has a gigantic Pig or Squirrel with a jarring half life 2 quality.

That one 3D dog in Teacher Rachel's videos is hilarious but freaks me out a bit.

Danny go looks nice. Added to my list. First song recommended is Give Me That Garbage, which is wholesome and great.

Reminds me, my 21 month old can hear when the garbage truck is in the street (I usually can't) and then gets very upset if I don't take her with me to bring the empty bin back.

She has respect for garbage trucks.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Big truck must be respected

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

been watching these instead of working for like twenty minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qOif1tEDZ0

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFtHeo7oMSU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH7lNOm8Uc8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e50wvKQvDHQ

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
fox in socks is pro tier Seuss. book has great flow.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

sonatinas posted:

fox in socks is pro tier Seuss. book has great flow.

David Hyde Pierce does a great reading

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
also fox in socks is the original This Book Has No Pictures.

I cant put on these recordings at bed time. the kids want ME to read them, because they're sadists

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the guy I linked does that one too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSQ2XMWQFz8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjGS89pPw84

the tweetle beetle part is fuckin fire

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

loquacius posted:

the guy I linked does that one too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSQ2XMWQFz8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjGS89pPw84

the tweetle beetle part is fuckin fire

totally. when I do speed reads of it and I get to tweedle beetle poo poo gets real.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my son woke up with DIFFICULTY BREATHING this morning which was obviously extremely scary for me so i took him to urgent care... thankfully after testing him for covid adn the flu and rsv and listening to his lungs and other tests they think he just had a mucus plug obstructing his breathing rather than something serious. still really scary, he woke up screaming and crying and making these really frightening gasping sounds. but he is negative for those three bad viruses and probably just has a cold.

my daughter is doing much better and basically is fine today except for a little congestion.

unfortunately our daycare sent us a message saying someone else in my son's class has tested positive for covid so lol. gonna have to get some tests tomorrow and we can all get tested this weekend. hopefully no covid.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Fox in Socks definitely my fav Seuss. Girl is still too young to even sit still for a full Seuss book, but I'm working on my speed reading.

loving free fleas in their drat cheese trees.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

lobster shirt posted:

my son woke up with DIFFICULTY BREATHING this morning which was obviously extremely scary for me so i took him to urgent care... thankfully after testing him for covid adn the flu and rsv and listening to his lungs and other tests they think he just had a mucus plug obstructing his breathing rather than something serious. still really scary, he woke up screaming and crying and making these really frightening gasping sounds. but he is negative for those three bad viruses and probably just has a cold.

my daughter is doing much better and basically is fine today except for a little congestion.

unfortunately our daycare sent us a message saying someone else in my son's class has tested positive for covid so lol. gonna have to get some tests tomorrow and we can all get tested this weekend. hopefully no covid.
Yikesaroo glad things are ok

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Took my 6 year old son "shopping" last night; he wanted to spend some of his Christmas gift money on toys or whatever. So I followed along as he hunted for things with childlike wonder, continuing the process of becoming American Consumer.

He got a game, a Lego set, and some Lankybox crap.

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

Votskomit posted:

Kid is getting used to preschool! 😄

She's got a sniffle and slight fever. 😃😀😐

It was RSV (probably). We all got it. It sucks.

But she's mostly better now.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Chad Sexington posted:

Fox in Socks definitely my fav Seuss. Girl is still too young to even sit still for a full Seuss book, but I'm working on my speed reading.

Well then...bring your mouth this way.
I'll find something it can say.

(I love how that reads as vaguely threatening.)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Elissimpark posted:

It sounds like a come-on to me

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
fox in socks is great because my daughter now times me

you can make a quicktrickchickstack
you can make a quicktrickclockstack

Chad Sexington posted:

that's the only part of the book that i feel the flow is off. the rest just kicks rear end.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Elissimpark posted:

Derogatory for sure, baby's first diss bar

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

young mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

You're not allowed to make that joke anymore