Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

sexy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

caligulamprey posted:

If you want Top Shelf Grammer, I always go with

So they go with an actual picture of Grammer*, but the guy behind him was made entirely out of airbrush.

* whatever's going on with that shirt, notwithstanding.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jan 18, 2024

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is Grammer fat in the movie but he was skinny for the photoshoot and that's why they used cut out paper to make his belly round

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"drat this speech impediment! I said I wanted a Wodehouse movie!"
"It's not pronounced like that anyway."

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The main thing about Roadhouse is that it's way more violent and gory than you'd assume.

I really hope the remake leans very hard into that angle. I want to see Jake Gyllenhaal pull a guy's guts out.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Weirdest Donnie Darko sequel ever

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I used to hug guys like you in prison.

Had to double take to make sure there wasn’t a Netflix logo there, but research pans that it’ll just be a direct to Prime Video film.

Dr. Killjoy fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 24, 2024

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The original is weird for just how over the top Swayze's character is.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It rules

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

muscles like this! posted:

The original is weird for just how over the top Swayze's character is.

That, and how much the town lets Ben Gazzara's character get away with, for...reasons.

"Oh dang, his goons just obliterated my car dealership with a monster truck. Oh well, guess there's nothing anyone can do."

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Remake's got a UFC tie -in including a cameo with Dana White :v:

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

That, and how much the town lets Ben Gazzara's character get away with, for...reasons.

"Oh dang, his goons just obliterated my car dealership with a monster truck. Oh well, guess there's nothing anyone can do."

I love how Ben Gazzara gloats about getting a JC Penney in town like it's that big of a deal.

If he and his goons just left the Double Deuce alone, he'd still have been in control of the town and Dalton would eventually be gone.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I wonder how they'll work in a "Guys like you in prison" reference.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

If anyone’s intending to watch that, keep in mind it co-stars alleged sexual assaulted Conor McGregor.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Dr. Killjoy posted:

I used to hug guys like you in prison.

Had to double take to make sure there wasn’t a Netflix logo there, but research pans that it’ll just be a direct to Prime Video film.

If it's Prime they are allowed to explode penises, so I expect that to be his kill move at the end of this.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

kdrudy posted:

If it's Prime they are allowed to explode penises, so I expect that to be his kill move at the end of this.

Chode House!

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
If it doesn't feature Terry Funk I want nothing to do with it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The big question is if the remake has a silver fox hunk for the mentor role.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
It also seems to take place in a world where bouncers are famous, and people follow their lives and adventures.

Kids probably have trading cards of bouncers in that world. "WHOAH! Check it out! I got a rookie card for Vince Lode, the Terror From Tacoma! I hear he beat up 37 people in one night at The Chrome Rooster in Sheboygan."

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It also seems to take place in a world where bouncers are famous, and people follow their lives and adventures.

Kids probably have trading cards of bouncers in that world. "WHOAH! Check it out! I got a rookie card for Vince Lode, the Terror From Tacoma! I hear he beat up 37 people in one night at The Chrome Rooster in Sheboygan."

Well poo poo, if it ain't this movie it should be!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I bet Jake doesn't have the guts to do a full on naked butt shot but let's be honest why even try to compete with Swayze on that one

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

He's done it a few times before.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Didn’t he swing them cheeks in Jarhead?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He doesn't run the stairs in Santa Monica all day every day for nothin

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
A Roadhouse remake should be effectively just Riki-Oh.

The second funniest thing about the original is that one of the goons was perfectly duplicated in streets of rage. The actual funniest thing was how mad my wife was that the bar wasn't named Roadhouse.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

There was a direct to video Roadhouse sequel several years ago. It was predictably terrible.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

But it wasn't as bizarre as the essentially scene for scene remake of Eraser.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I learned recently that there are multiple Escape Plan movies.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Spazzle posted:

There was a direct to video Roadhouse sequel several years ago. It was predictably terrible.

I only know this exists and saw it because my friend's older brother was in it

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Escape Plan 2: Escape Harder
Escap3 Plan

Soft reboot/prequel: The Escape Plan

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Amazon told Doug Liman and Jake Gyllenhaal they would release it theatrically then when they finished filming just said lol nah and pissed them off.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ruddiger posted:

Didn’t he swing them cheeks in Jarhead?

and Velvet Buzzsaw more recently IIRC.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 25, 2024

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

More floating heads from the Duniverse

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

All if those heads are attached to necks and the necks sprouting from torsos which makes them not true floating heads

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

He actually fits in pretty seamlessly.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Speaking of comicbook characters on that poster, Skarsgård looks like an amazing Kingpin there.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

FreudianSlippers posted:

All if those heads are attached to necks and the necks sprouting from torsos which makes them not true floating heads
And they're all riding that sandworm

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

spanky the dolphin posted:

More floating heads from the Duniverse

Oh poo poo I didn't know they were also having people come back from Lynch's Dune!

Also lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Holy poo poo that one slipped right by me