Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I re-watched The Little House on the Prairie some years back, the show is surprisingly dark, kids and babies are just dying left and right. Mr. Edwards is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
My go-to dark Little House moment is when Laura feels guilty about being pre-jealous of unborn son that doesn't make it to term. I think she wished she wouldn't have a little brother or something, fearing Pay would put his attention towards his son doing father-son things over Laura.

So she decided to go into the mountains to offer herself as a sacrifice to God to bring baby bro back.

Fortunately God shows up as an old mountain man and chills with her and talks her down a bit, she doesn't die from exposure or getting eaten by a bear. Pa eventually finds her, but God runs away because he's shy and Pan didnt get to meet him.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Arist posted:

I feel like Cowboy Bebop is, at least theoretically, easier to adapt than a manga that heavily involves tank combat

We've mastered the art of cgi tank combat, as a species. Making anime dialogue interesting in live action, not so much.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

https://x.com/yashar/status/1750200455794237738?s=20

Only for Mondays. This certainly is a choice.

I’ll give the shows he hosts a shot but like I don’t have cable do these show up on a stream service?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Arist posted:

Lmao gently caress off, what a hilariously bad direction. Don't blame Stewart for chasing that bag, but they had Roy Wood Jr. right there and they just fumbled it back to an old host.

At least he's also coming on as an Executive Producer so he might help fix that?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did Little House on the Prairie have an episode involving a clown that attempts to rape someone while in full clown regalia? And also an episode where a person suffering from delirium is trapped alone somewhere and has to cauterize their own wound? Is that the same episode? Those things feel so insane to type out.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The worst one is where Pa gets turned into some kind of human walrus.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

MarcusSA posted:

I’ll give the shows he hosts a shot but like I don’t have cable do these show up on a stream service?

The main opening is always on YouTube the next day, as are the interviews (this is how I watched the guest host era). I think it's also on Paramount+ in full.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

I AM GRANDO posted:

Did Little House on the Prairie have an episode involving a clown that attempts to rape someone while in full clown regalia?

That seems like something clowns would do.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Stegosnaurlax posted:

That seems like something clowns would do.

Phil Dunphy was right not to trust them.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

The main opening is always on YouTube the next day, as are the interviews (this is how I watched the guest host era). I think it's also on Paramount+ in full.

Thanks I’ll give it a watch on paramount then.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1750171917896613904

What are we doing here folks

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Who's playing the blonde with the world's fakest tits?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I haven't...*strong* feelings about them doing a Roadhouse remake. But I do like ole JG so willing to give the trailer a shot.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Who can possibly be as cool as Sam Elliott was in the original? No one I wager

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Road House and Die Hard are two movies I'll never ever see but feel like I already have seen way too much somehow.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Khanstant posted:

Road House and Die Hard are two movies I'll never ever see but feel like I already have seen way too much somehow.

The gently caress.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Khanstant posted:

I'm sure you've absorbed a ton of both just through cultural osmosis, but unless you have really vengeful feelings I'd encourage you to see them.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh we've all see Die Hard hundreds of times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHVRFYFbCSo

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Khanstant posted:

You're missing out!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Road House is one that for whatever reason I just never got around to. Found a Blu-ray of it in a box on the sidewalk a few months ago and snagged it, I really should prioritize it some time.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Khanstant posted:

I love Road House, but you're kind of fine not watching it if you don't want to. You should, it's a lot of fun, but it's not super important.

You need to watch Die Hard.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Khanstant posted:

Road House and Die Hard are two movies I'll never ever see ...

MODS?!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I'm not sure if I've ever actually seen Road House.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

IRQ posted:

I'm not sure if I've ever actually seen Road House.

You guys are missing out on

Stegosnaurlax posted:

Who's playing the blonde with the world's fakest tits?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Road House also has Sam Elliott as an absolute fuckboi.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

GreenNight posted:

Just wake me when I can watch the Wrestlemania from the 80s.

They're all on Peacock if you care. They have pretty much the entire WWE/F /WCW/ECW library.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I really did almost watch Die Hard this Christmas break but I figured I'd rather save that for watching it with someone who already loved the thing or some kind of Alamo event, rather than on in the background alone when I'd be only half paying attention.

I did see Die Hard 4 in theatres, and presumably by Goofus' law of sequels it's four times better than the original.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I guess I haven't been following wrestling news, how long did the WWE network last?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Road House is actually a really fun movie. Imagine a world where being a bouncer is actually really cool and people are famous for bouncing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The next season of Reacher will be an adaptation of the seventh novel, Persuader. They also announced that Maria Sten, Neagley, will be back.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I have watched a few episodes of After Midnight. It seems like this could be good, but they need to have at least one comedian I've heard of in each episode, otherwise it gets a bit awkward. I really enjoyed the second episode because it had Paul F Tompkins and Sophie Buddle, but this third one is kind of awkward.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

muscles like this! posted:

I guess I haven't been following wrestling news, how long did the WWE network last?

5-ish years? Then they made a deal with Peacock and possibly they'll move it to netflix i guess when the deal is up. I think the network still exists overseas, I think?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Here's my prediction on how the Daily Show stuff is going to pan out.

Monday ratings are going to be a ton higher than the other 3 days.

They end up renaming the show "The Daily Show: Weekly Edition with John Stewart" and that's the only version that airs on Comedy Central. Otherwise the correspondents do a half dozen or so 10 minute segments that they release throughout the week on Paramount+.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I guess it works. The Daily Show used to be a parody of the nightly news which doesn't really exist much anymore. Now it can be a parody of the Rachel Maddow "only on Monday's" news show.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

John & Jon on Sunday and Monday.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

bull3964 posted:

Here's my prediction on how the Daily Show stuff is going to pan out.

Monday ratings are going to be a ton higher than the other 3 days.

They end up renaming the show "The Daily Show: Weekly Edition with John Stewart" and that's the only version that airs on Comedy Central. Otherwise the correspondents do a half dozen or so 10 minute segments that they release throughout the week on Paramount+.

This presumes something else worthwhile to put on Comedy Central in its place.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Reruns of South Park are cheaper than producing 3 nights of extra shows that have no ratings draw due to a lack of host.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

bull3964 posted:

Reruns of South Park are cheaper than producing 3 nights of extra shows that have no ratings draw due to a lack of host.

If you are producing it anyways for Paramount+, just put it on, its probably no better or worse ratings wise than South Park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They should call it “The Cray-ly Show” because it’s pretty cray when they do all that politics stuff