Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DarkHorse posted:

It's a wonderful combination of scummy, illegal, and incredibly stupid.

A sentence that aptly describes most of the people in Trump's orbit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Conversely, if only Trump's staff realized how the most loyal and dedicated among them were treated by Donald...

This continues to be beyond satire.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

An attorney using knowingly false statements (by themselves even!) in support of a motion to reschedule I'm sure isn't disbarrable, but It might be worth a complaint investigation. The most that would likely happen for a first time offense though would be a slap on the wrist with some professional responsibility training and telling them to knock it off.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > Trump Legal Troubles: Alina Habba's Day Off

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Let he who has never felt a little under the weather, but then right after calling out suddenly felt great cast the first stone.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So is there a restriction on the size of the stone I'm allowed to cast or...

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Cimber posted:

The fact that we forgot that the Republican Candidate for President asked our long time geopolitical rivals to loving hack his opponent is loving NUTS.

I never forgot
Nor did I forget that both parties got hacked, but only the Democrats had their emails selectively leaked to the public, while the GOP's were kept as blackmail material on them.

The Russian collusion was real and I never stopped believing it

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Nitrousoxide posted:

An attorney using knowingly false statements (by themselves even!) in support of a motion to reschedule I'm sure isn't disbarrable

It absolutely can be. You're at least getting sanctioned and if the court caught any flak because of you, they might disbar you.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Might even qualify as criminal perjury, I'm not sure. You're making a false statement of fact to a court. You aren't under oath but you're also an officer of the court with a professional oath you swear as part of licensure.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
yes. this will be the one time they face consequences. everyone get ready for it

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
“Rockstar attorney”, I can’t wait for the era of ‘alternative facts’ to be over. She’s objectively bad.

However, the disbarment process, as we’ve seen, is also terminally slow so she’s got years of TV grift left in her.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Tayter Swift posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > Trump Legal Troubles: Alina Habba's Day Off

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Murgos posted:

DoubleTree is where you end up if you fly last minute and have to stay under per diem.

Catastrophe property insurance adjuster reporting in. Can confirm.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Murgos posted:

“Rockstar attorney”, I can’t wait for the era of ‘alternative facts’ to be over. She’s objectively bad.

There are some pretty awful rockstars out there. And I mean that both in terms of bad musicianship and also being reprehensible people.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

The ted nugent of lawyers.

Ps,

Tayter Swift posted:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Tayter Swift posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > Trump Legal Troubles: Alina Habba's Grand Day Out

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Murgos posted:

So she's always high on cocaine and probably drunk when working?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Randalor posted:

So is there a restriction on the size of the stone I'm allowed to cast or...

Don't ask just pick up and throw.

Tayter Swift posted:

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble
If only the Tsar knew what his minions were doing :(

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I just want to state that ignorance is never the solution to a problem.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Levitate posted:

I mean, is she gonna get disbarred after this trial is over

By itself? Probably not. In combination with all the other poo poo she's pulled and will continue to pull over the course of the trial? Possibly.

As a general rule of thumb, it's pretty hard to get instantly disbarred, unless you're doing something like embezzling from your client, getting caught being personally involved in knowingly forging evidence, or showing up to court obviously drunk out of your mind. There's plenty of lesser sanctions the judge can use for stuff smaller than that.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Tayter Swift posted:

That's the one.

Which rockstar would she be? I feel saying she is the Kid Rock of lawyers is being unfair to Mr Rock.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

At least Kid Rock was smart enough to know he wasn't supposed to be shown classified documents and said wait a second, this is bad

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

knox_harrington posted:

That's the one.

Which rockstar would she be? I feel saying she is the Kid Rock of lawyers is being unfair to Mr Rock.

Jim Carrey in liar liar only she's not capable of doing anything correctly.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
How long has Habba been practicing for, anyway? I get that she's on a disbarrment any% speedrun but I'm curious if she's on WR pace or not.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

How long has Habba been practicing for, anyway? I get that she's on a disbarrment any% speedrun but I'm curious if she's on WR pace or not.

I'm sure a few young lawyers have got her beat turning up under the influence. It just amazes me every one of his flunkies think they are going to be the one that rides the lion to fame, glory & riches and won't end up like everyone else once their usefulness has ended.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Habba is rather unique since she bought her way into team Trump via an act that is almost certainly going to disbar her.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Gyges posted:

Habba is rather unique since she bought her way into team Trump via an act that is almost certainly going to disbar her.

That definitely had to be a gold split for her.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

given how stupid this timeline is, she'll probably end up on the Supreme Court somehow

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You are allowed to sit on the Supreme Court despite anything any state bar says, so maybe she's into something.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Gyges posted:

You are allowed to sit on the Supreme Court despite anything any state bar says, so maybe she's into something.

Is it the same with the lower / state courts or do they have some standards?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Never get your lawyer from alihabba.com

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Gyges posted:

I assumed she got hired because Trump looked at photos of potential attorneys and thought “lady pretty” and that was that.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

I assumed she got hired because Trump looked at photos of potential attorneys and thought “lady pretty” and that was that.

She bought her way into Trumps club and then found a way to insert herself into a situation that could have cost them millions of dollars by unscrupulously violating ethics and norms to get Trump a good outcome.

This is exactly the kind of criminal loyalty Trump looks for and exploits especially when it gives him leverage over her as he can expose her behavior to the bar.

Habba decided she was going to be corrupt and then took action on that plan in order to gain wealth and influence and a national spotlight.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Murgos posted:

She bought her way into Trumps club and then found a way to insert herself into a situation that could have cost them millions of dollars by unscrupulously violating ethics and norms to get Trump a good outcome.

This is exactly the kind of criminal loyalty Trump looks for and exploits especially when it gives him leverage over her as he can expose her behavior to the bar.

Habba decided she was going to be corrupt and then took action on that plan in order to gain wealth and influence and a national spotlight.

Also she did it in a really stupid way that left a lingering electronic paper trail and is probably going to end up exposing herself and the country club, if perhaps not Trump, to an even larger liability than they originally faced.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Also she did it in a really stupid way that left a lingering electronic paper trail and is probably going to end up exposing herself and the country club, if perhaps not Trump, to an even larger liability than they originally faced.

Sure, in, like 5-10 years when it gets stalled and investigated and delayed and litigated and appealed and put in front of another chudge. Gotta be fair and balanced about these sorts of things.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
This is besides the posts he is claiming he should have FULL IMMUNITY and that Nikki is a birdbrain.
Like some kind of drug induced shitposting frenzy.

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1750510222173520372

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

OgNar posted:

This is besides the posts he is claiming he should have FULL IMMUNITY and that Nikki is a birdbrain.

The courts should just set up an automatic fine for every tweet/truth whatever post he makes about her.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

OgNar posted:

Can't get to verdict if you keep making new evidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Gyges posted:

I must stress that the legal system is all about helping legal professionals get around whether or not little things like these are "disbarrable" or "just fellas being fellas" and she has to do a lot more than this actually criminal thing before anything gets around to actually punishing her, some day, eventually, maybe a little bit.