Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Netanyahu got caught in a leaked recording blasting Qatar and calling them "as troublesome as the U.N. and red cross" which is definitely a statement someone who is totally not the bad guy nazi in all this would say

https://x.com/rich_goldberg/status/1749906616407794111?s=20

Qatar got mad about it:-

https://x.com/RnaudBertrand/status/1750346907933942247?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

Chillgamesh posted:

The IDF is getting humiliated by Hamas and the US is getting humiliated by Ansar Allah. lol

If I were SK or Japan I'd be thinking about burying the hatchet with China rn

China is going to be just as bad as israel. all they have is numbers.

Al-Saqr posted:

when my body vaporizes and I turn into a shadow on a wall I just want you guys to know I hate and disrespect every one of you including myself.

Dont worry, i'll see you in جَنَّة. i'll kick your rear end then :dance:

:drat:

RoboBoogie has issued a correction as of 05:48 on Jan 25, 2024

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Secretary General of the Kataib Sayyid al-Shuhada, a faction that operates under the umbrella of the Islamic Resistance in Iraq, Abu Alaa al-Walai tweeted this out

https://twitter.com/aboalaa_alwalae/status/1749918306973143402

quote:

في الوقت الذي يعاود فيه الاحتلال الامريكي المجرم استهدافه السافر لقواتنا الامنية وحشدنا المقدس في عدد من مناطق العراق، فإننا نشد على يد مجاهدي المقاومة الاسلامية في العراق شروعهم بالمرحلة الثانية من عملياتهم المباركة المتضمنة إطباق الحصار على الملاحة البحرية الصهيونية في البحر الابيض المتوسط، وإخراج موانيء الكيان الغاصب عن الخدمة، واستمرار ذلك حتى فك الحصار الظالم عن غزة، وايقاف المجازر الصهيونية المروعة بحق اهلها.

Translated from Arabic

At a time when the criminal American occupation is again blatantly targeting our security forces and our sacred crowd in a number of areas of Iraq, we urge the Mujahideen of the Islamic Resistance in Iraq to begin the second phase of their blessed operations, which includes enforcing the blockade on Zionist maritime navigation in the Mediterranean Sea, and removing the entity’s ports. The usurper is out of service, and this will continue until the unjust siege on Gaza is lifted, and the horrific Zionist massacres against its people are stopped

It's about 500km from western Iraq to Ashdod, the furthest port on the Med, so this seems eminently doable. I wonder what Iron Dome stockpiles are looking like?

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
God willing a carrier will be sunk this year, and when my family is working itself up into a frothing rage I'll look em in the eye and say that we absolutely deserved it.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
Okay so what I want to know is what are the Arabic words that keep being translated for Israel?
'the usurper' = ?
'the zionist entity' = ?

edit: and why is 'zionist' الصهيونية
sahiyoniyya? y'all have a Z sound, you know..

edit 2: and I just really like that all these government entities/institutions simply refer to them as 'the zionist entity'.

dttze

carcinofuck has issued a correction as of 06:01 on Jan 25, 2024

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
The US entered both world wars after attacks on it's ships, so a carrier getting badly hit will be the definitive start of WW3, even if it's only recognized decades later.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Fell Mood posted:

God willing a carrier will be sunk this year, and when my family is working itself up into a frothing rage I'll look em in the eye and say that we absolutely deserved it.

hopefully its the soy carrier too

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

RoboBoogie posted:

syq

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

RoboBoogie posted:

China has a state its citizens believe in. They also have like half the world's manufacturing capacity, which I understand is useful in war.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Honky Mao posted:

Why aren't CIA contractors talking about the Palestinian genocide more? Wtf?

I think the point of asking why Bellingcat isn't posting about Gaza is that it's supposed to discredit them: you can't play the part of "neutral observer that applies fact-based analyses of conflicts to combat disinformation" or whatever and then just not be concerned with bombings worse than anything Assad ever did

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1750240689902739820

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

carcinofuck posted:

edit: and why is 'zionist' الصهيونية
sahiyoniyya? y'all have a Z sound, you know..

dttze

Zion is the English word for the mountain that Zionism is named after. It’s Ṣīyyōn in Hebrew and Sahyun in Arabic.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Weka posted:

China has a state its citizens believe in. They also have like half the world's manufacturing capacity, which I understand is useful in war.

it's fine that they have ~40% of the world's ship building capacity with another ~40% of the world's ship building within ballistic missile range, the US could definitely project their power to support their proxies there

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

lol at the 19% of respondents who apparently think Israel is committing genocide but are still more sympathetic to Israel than Palestine

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

is this twitter account a reliable source?

not that i don't believe it, but on principle i try and cite sources when i share stuff on social media, and i think this is something people really need to see.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
30%? that's it? the kids are all wrong.

Mister Bates posted:

lol at the 19% of respondents who apparently think Israel is committing genocide but are still more sympathetic to Israel than Palestine

awww genocide. awww.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
"Will Israel make a survival-horror video game about October 7 massacre?"

https://m.jpost.com/israel-hamas-war/article-783324

quote:

A survival horror video game could be an effective way of conveying the horrors experienced by Israelis during Hamas's October 7 massacre to campuses across the US, senior hasbara (public diplomacy) figures said Tuesday.

The concept was proposed at the HASBARA NOW conference at the Holon Institute of Technology's (HIT) FUTURE HIT innovation and entrepreneurship center. The goal of the conference was to develop new and creative solutions to overcome the challenges Israeli hasbara often faces on US campuses.

The survival horror game is only an idea at this time. However, according to what was presented at the conference, it would see players put themselves in the shoes of partygoers at the Nova music festival in Re'im. The players would have to escape from Hamas terrorists as they storm the music festival, where one of the worst atrocities of the October 7 massacre would take place.

In real life, over 360 people were murdered at the party, and dozens of others were kidnapped by Hamas and taken back to Gaza as hostages.

"The idea is an explanatory tool, whose purpose is to evoke feelings of identification with the victims," an HIT spokesperson said, adding that it is currently "just an idea."

"One of our biggest challenges is reaching the younger generation and getting them emotionally involved with our side, to make them want to know more," senior hasbara figure Ilana Stein said in a statement. "The human story creates curiosity in them."

Video games about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict

This is not the first time video games have been proposed or even made about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, with several games having been made over the years reflecting both sides of the conflict in a variety of genres.

One of the most recent and most infamous is Fursan al-Aqsa, an anti-Israel shooter made by Nidal Nijm, a Brazilian resident of Palestinian origin whose father was a former Palestinian Fatah fighter.

The game is very story-driven and follows a Palestinian man joining a new resistance group where he fights and kills IDF soldiers.

Nijm refers to his game as the "most BASED" indie video game of all time, though it has been met with controversy.

The game is available on Steam and despite its controversial content, it has been met with very positive reviews and has full subtitles and interface in English and Hebrew.

Truly unhinged minds at work

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Sancho Banana posted:

it's called The Last of Us Part Two

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Mister Bates posted:

that sounds about right, considering how bad media literacy is. they just see 'israel' and 'genocide' mentioned together and start to associate the two without knowing anything else about the situation, including who is being genocided or why. it's the same thing as those videos about the congo where 6 million children are being worked to death in mines for your iphones. why? by who? don't know, but somebody should do something about it

tatankatonk has issued a correction as of 06:49 on Jan 25, 2024

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

Sancho Banana posted:

https://m.jpost.com/israel-hamas-war/article-783324

Truly unhinged minds at work

i'll make a page where you can buy the game and it will just send your address to hamas so they can come and murder you to get the most realistic experience

Weka
May 5, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

I think the point of asking why Bellingcat isn't posting about Gaza is that it's supposed to discredit them: you can't play the part of "neutral observer that applies fact-based analyses of conflicts to combat disinformation" or whatever and then just not be concerned with bombings worse than anything Assad ever did

Drake no: barrel bombs
Drake yes: red barrels

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

wow its almost like Israel's claims about arabs, muslims and islamists hating judaism is a crock of poo poo!

it's blatant projection is what it is

also lol that Fursan al-Aqsa has Hebrew subtitles

Spergin Morlock has issued a correction as of 07:13 on Jan 25, 2024

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

i distinctly remember brownshirt moses himself popping up to point out that it was obviously a misfired PIJ rocket that hit al-ahli hospital back in october

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Comrade Koba posted:

i distinctly remember brownshirt moses himself popping up to point out that it was obviously a misfired PIJ rocket that hit al-ahli hospital back in october

Israel used chemical weapons in Syria didn't they?

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Spergin Morlock posted:

Israel used chemical weapons in Syria didn't they?

obviously a PIJ chemical misfire buddy

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
Fun fact, Israel/Zionist militias were apparently the first to use barrel bombs.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022
https://twitter.com/upholdreality/status/1749742824361239003

Yemenis getting hit by a missile. They shrug it off aside from some tinnitus and being buried alive a little bit.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

BearsBearsBears posted:

Yemenis getting hit by a missile. They shrug it off aside from some tinnitus and being buried alive a little bit.

god is real and He's not on israel's side

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

BearsBearsBears posted:

imagine the video footage in the aftermath of this had been IDF soldiers. I'm sure they would all have been sobbing and weeping

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
Oh man it gets worse. That kid is apparently a college student . After that flubbed line she goes
"...this one.. this one that I personally do not see." And then goes on to compare holocaust sites that she has visited to dismiss the destruction in gaza.

And she's also preceded by a buncha hasbara.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bQ_KIgaCIA&t=7166s

carcinofuck has issued a correction as of 07:47 on Jan 25, 2024

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

carcinofuck posted:

Oh man it gets worse. That kid is apparently a college student . After that flubbed line she goes
"...this one.. this one that I personally do not see." And then goes on to compare holocaust sites that she has visited to dismiss the destruction in gaza.

And she's also preceded by a buncha hasbara.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bQ_KIgaCIA&t=7106s

she IS hasbara obviously lol

also I just had an epiphany. I need an image of netanyahu dressed like pee wee herman

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BearsBearsBears posted:

meanwhile Americans faced with 81mm mortar fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwNUMM4iRb0

Weka
May 5, 2019

Adenoid Dan posted:

Fun fact, Israel/Zionist militias were apparently the first to use barrel bombs.

Pretty sure barrel bombs predate Zionism, it's just putting explosives like gunpowder in a barrel.

BearsBearsBears posted:

My hot take is that these fellows are just putting out fake missiles for the American navy to strike. Everyone is hiding in a hole around something that America wanted blown up, this dude just patiently waiting, quietly singing and filming.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BearsBearsBears posted:

If that happened to westerners they'd be calling it miraculous.

Weka posted:

My hot take is that these fellows are just putting out fake missiles for the American navy to strike. Everyone is hiding in a hole around something that America wanted blown up, this dude just patiently waiting, quietly singing and filming.

Wooden decoys are old as history itself and still effective.

DancingShade has issued a correction as of 08:09 on Jan 25, 2024

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Weka posted:

Pretty sure barrel bombs predate Zionism, it's just putting explosives like gunpowder in a barrel.

I'm just going off of Wikipedia there but you are probably right. Maybe it just means using 55 gallon drums.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
started using westoid ironically, now im using it unironically. is that brain damage, or learning????

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

go play outside Skyler posted:

is this twitter account a reliable source?

not that i don't believe it, but on principle i try and cite sources when i share stuff on social media, and i think this is something people really need to see.

it’s on the guardian too

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/jan/24/americans-believe-israel-committing-genocide-poll

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Adenoid Dan posted:

I'm just going off of Wikipedia there but you are probably right. Maybe it just means using 55 gallon drums.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

thats a lot of people who believe the robot quadcopters machine-gunning people at the food aid distribution center isnt genocide somehow, really makes you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/YBDSR6t.mp4