Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The NFL does not want Lamar in the SB making every GM look like an idiot rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The league needs Kelce proposing after being given the MVP trophy. Maximum synergy

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I am very glad Herbert has a good coach now

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Nodoze posted:

I am very glad Herbert has a good coach now

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I’m pretty excited to watch a 2 time MVP with a great defense play someone who is about to win his second MVP with a great defense.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I’m not excited about this loving rain goddammit stupid weather

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Don't let Ray Lewis go near Taylor Swift!

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

MJeff posted:

The Eminem vs. Swift bowl has already been decided, sorry folks.

The “worst white rapper of 2017” bowl

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I'm cooking for the Superb Owl this year, so the proper rooting order is:

KC
SF
Bal
Det

Because I really want to make some burnt ends and I don't want to make any square deep dish.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Mustached Demon posted:

Don't let Ray Lewis go near Taylor Swift!

Why?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The league needs Kelce proposing after being given the MVP trophy. Maximum synergy

Reminds me of that Boise state fiesta bowl, most ridiculous game I've ever seen

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Mustached Demon posted:

Don't let Kobe Bryant go near Taylor Swift!

Oh wait...

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

I'm cooking for the Superb Owl this year, so the proper rooting order is:

KC
SF
Bal
Det

Because I really want to make some burnt ends and I don't want to make any square deep dish.

coney dogs are another Detroit classic and a good game day choice. pasties if you wanna be a fancy bitch

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Victorious Radia posted:

coney dogs are another Detroit classic and a good game day choice. pasties if you wanna be a fancy bitch

I thought pasties were strictly a yooper thing

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I thought pasties were strictly a yooper thing

shut up!!! we’re trying to win a culinary war!!!!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Victorious Radia posted:

shut up!!! we’re trying to win a culinary war!!!!

Ope sorry I’m on my way to uncle Peter’s pasties as we speak

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

As someone who tries to make a food representing the opposing team every week, SF would be at the bottom of my list.

Otherwise it would be a toss up because Detroit pizza, crab cakes, and burnt ends all rule.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

All you need for the 49ers is a giant box of wine.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Choose your fighter

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://twitter.com/Farzin21/status/1750245163941658892

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

No Butt Stuff posted:

As someone who tries to make a food representing the opposing team every week, SF would be at the bottom of my list.

Otherwise it would be a toss up because Detroit pizza, crab cakes, and burnt ends all rule.

san francisco is the birthplace of the burrito you uncultured swine

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Let it flow through you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0U6O2vaz0c

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

I'm glad it grew up and matured elsewhere

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

No Butt Stuff posted:

You get a loaf of sourdough bread, you grab a can of Campbell’s clam chowder, cut a hole and dump it in. Voila!

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

burritos so good they built a pipeline to new york

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

No Butt Stuff posted:

With SF my go to guess would probably be Cioppino? That actually sounds good as gently caress in the winter right now.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

If you want to go outside the box for Baltimore, since blue crabs are outta season, I personally really want to try making my own pitbeef at some point. But I almost feel like I gotta get a deli slicer for that.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sick logo

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

SF has a big dungeness crab season and surprisingly good oysters (harvested a bit north of SF but very much a local thing). Clam chowder and sourdough bread is another classic. Also mission burritos (not my preferred burrito but they can still kick rear end) and Indian style curry pizza.

Then pair any if that with some of the best wine and beer on the loving continent.

Detroit style loving pizza, good lord...

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Borsche69 posted:

If you want to go outside the box for Baltimore, since blue crabs are outta season, I personally really want to try making my own pitbeef at some point. But I almost feel like I gotta get a deli slicer for that.

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/beef-and-bison-recipes/amped-roast-beef-cheap-baltimore-pit-beef-recipe/

ive done this a bunch, if you got a sharp knife and get it against the grain its thin and tender enough. cut at an angle and dont make whole pieces just kinda shave that poo poo off

it has absolutely made me consider getting a deli slicer tho yeah

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Vox Nihili posted:

Detroit style loving pizza, good lord...

I will brook no slander of the king of pan/deep dish style pizzas.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ghost Dog posted:

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/beef-and-bison-recipes/amped-roast-beef-cheap-baltimore-pit-beef-recipe/

ive done this a bunch, if you got a sharp knife and get it against the grain its thin and tender enough. cut at an angle and dont make whole pieces just kinda shave that poo poo off

it has absolutely made me consider getting a deli slicer tho yeah

meathead ftw. and i've been wanting to get a deli slicer for awhile, although this year is probably gonna go to a new smoker first. there's a lot of backlog cooking projects though, like bacon, pickles, bitterballen (which ive done before but have been meaning to do again), and then a bunch of indonesian stuff so i can set up my own rijstafel.

pit beef sounds like the easiest out of any of that, though. meathead recommends getting all the fat off, and he's right to, but i think i'd trim the fat, keep it, season the beef but then cook the fat with the beef. and then when the fat is cooked, i'd dice that up real small and mix it in with slices of pit beef.

i was kinda set on doing fried chicken on sunday but i may reverse course. i think the big thing is probably looking up a good kaiser roll recipe, or seeing if i can source some down here in southern maryland.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Q_res posted:

they think clam chowder is a culinary masterpiece, it's hopeless op

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Q_res posted:

anyone that's smart enough to realize that 'oh poo poo we can just straight up fry this bread in oil' gets my respect. i think some places will line the pan with some parm which gets that extra insane crust which is nutso. i've only ever dabbled in neapolitan style pizzas myself because thats what i grew up eating and that was a loving pain in the rear end to do, but i need to get one of those lloyd pans or whatever they're called and try making some detroit pizzas myself.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I can't remember the last time I was in a restaurant in SF that actually served clam chowder lol

Sour dough pizza though, hell yeah

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Detroit, Baltimore and Kansas City. World renowned culinary meccas.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

i was unironically shocked when i became adult and saw other city and learned deep dish isn't like, a thing there?? y'all pizzas only come flat and poo poo?? drat

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Q_res posted:

They just opened a Detroit pizza place near me. Should I go on Sunday?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Assuming they're any good, yes. For Detroit style the ideal number of toppings is usually in the 3-6 range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I am obsessed with jalapeño anchovy feta + mozzarella pizza and I will not be ashamed of it