Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:

Views:
Wide Right 2: Electric Boogaloo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Only three more football games left.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ravens are currently 3 point favorites and I think that feels a lil bit low

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens are going to win the Superbowl

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Ravens are going to win the Superbowl

Every decade has a season that can be summed up as The Ravens Win The Super Bowl, I Guess. This is that season.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bills fans. I'm sorry.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Black Lighter posted:

Every decade has a season that can be summed up as The Ravens Win The Super Bowl, I Guess. This is that season.

2012 was absolutely not this. They were an afterthought going into the postseason and had just been totally embarrassed by the Broncos at home the month before. I think they were something like 100-1 odds going into the postseason

People kind of lump them in because the 2010 and 11 Ravens were serious contenders but that 2012 team wasn't near as good. They just got hot at the right time.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you'd think we are guaranteed a ravens/49ers super bowl rematch with the ravens winning again. but truthfully, the lions do have a chance of making it if a lot of things go their way, and losing to the ravens.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Kawalimus posted:

2012 was absolutely not this. They were an afterthought going into the postseason and had just been totally embarrassed by the Broncos at home the month before. I think they were something like 100-1 odds going into the postseason

People kind of lump them in because the 2010 and 11 Ravens were serious contenders but that 2012 team wasn't near as good. They just got hot at the right time.

What you're describing is a very The Ravens Win The Super Bowl, I Guess situation

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Black Lighter posted:

What you're describing is a very The Ravens Win The Super Bowl, I Guess situation

Those were both from the 4th seed. All the times we've been a high seed we end up losing in ridiculous ways like holding eventual SB MVP Peyton Manning to zero TDs but can't score, Billy Cundiff, 2019 Roman calling 60 pass plays meltdown and Derrick Henry.

A Ravens year will be when we're like the 6th seed

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Black Lighter posted:

Lol

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

https://x.com/PFTCommenter/status/1749261543479378153?s=20

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
The Bills are loving clowns that exist to get Patrick Mahomes impressive-looking playoff wins.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
If its the chiefs and niners than I shall not watch

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
i too believe the ravens won't win as long as they're winnjng

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Wide Right: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Kurgarra Queen posted:

The Bills are loving clowns that exist to get Patrick Mahomes impressive-looking playoff wins.

NFL Jobbers

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the 2000 ravens were the second best team in the nfl. as soon as they took out the #1 seed from their own division everyone knew they would win the super bowl. this time they're the best team and all of the 'hottest' teams on win streaks (bills, rams, packers) are all taken out. this super bowl is like super bowl 24 or 28. horrible domination. and an mvp for lamar on top

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Lions are the clear good guys

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Lions
Ravens
Chefs

CMC is cool.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The Detroit Lions will play a football game in the final week of January. Hell, they may even win it!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'll submit that they're the only good guy team left.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AndrewP posted:

Ravens are currently 3 point favorites and I think that feels a lil bit low

I'm just a guy and don't know anything, but it sure seems like a terrible matchup for the Chiefs scheme-wise with the Ravens O vs the Chiefs D (the Chiefs D is good, it's just the Ravens can do things the Chiefs are bad at). And that Baltimore defense is scary--until proven otherwise I do not believe the Chiefs offense can play 2 (mostly) clean games in a row.

Yeah 3 points seems low to me here.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the chiefs are the only team in the league that can put up an argument that they have the best player in a game against the ravens so idk

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

time to count out Touchdown Pat… no thats not right.. Passer Pat

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

The Lions not winning in San Francisco since 1975 somehow strikes me as sadder than all of the other decades of futility metrics.

E: 0-13, but also, the last Lions championship in 1957 had them beating San Fran in the conference final and the team formerly known as the Browns in the championship.

Sono fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 22, 2024

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ghost Dog posted:

the chiefs are the only team in the league that can put up an argument that they have the best player in a game against the ravens so idk

Mahomes is like 9-1 against the spread as an underdog. gently caress him and the Chiefs but the spread is not too low.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

mistermojo posted:

time to count out Touchdown Pat… no thats not right.. Passer Pat

Penalty Pat

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

your doubts sustain me

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
2024 NFL Championship Sunday News/Views: Wide Right (Taylor's Version)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

feel bad for Bills fans but not bad enough to be unhappy about the Chiefs win. What a weird season, but if you got a good quarterback and a good defense you always have a chance gonna need to play perfect against Baltimore though

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

LIONS BITCH

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Yeah. We were so close to getting a Packers @ Lions NFC Championship game and I honestly think that would have been a bigger deal than a Super Bowl in Detroit. God that would have been so cool.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Sono posted:

E: 0-13, but also, the last Lions championship in 1957 had them beating San Fran in the conference final and the team formerly known as the Browns in the championship.

Now that's an obscure factoid that I'll gladly attribute significance to all week!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yeah. We were so close to getting a Packers @ Lions NFC Championship game and I honestly think that would have been a bigger deal than a Super Bowl in Detroit. God that would have been so cool.

I'm not discounting it happening in the near future

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Lions losing to the Packers in Detroit in the NFCCG would be a level of heartbreaking the fans don't deserve.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

davecrazy posted:

2024 NFL Championship Sunday News/Views: Wide Right (Taylor's Version)

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Mega64 posted:

Lions losing to the Packers in Detroit in the NFCCG would be a level of heartbreaking the fans don't deserve.

This would have been tough to handle. Though someone picked the jets over the lions in the Super Bowl — and that would have killed me.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Let's give them SOME credit, I'd put them solidly in the JTTS tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Ghost Dog posted:

They signed Gardner?